Steve McClaren

Dave

Some decent quotes from McClaren in here:

http://bit.ly/1T4xnyS

I find it strange people annoyed at him for trying to be positive. What do you seriously expect? It's completely different from the way Pardew went on. He obviously wants to get it right here and isn't playing the blame game. I don't think he should be slammed for that.

Whether he's good enough to keep the job though...

I find it strange people annoyed at him for trying to be positive. What do you seriously expect? It's completely different from the way Pardew went on. He obviously wants to get it right here and isn't playing the blame game. I don't think he should be slammed for that.

Sort of understand what you are saying and I think most on here wanted him to succeed as he seems like a decent bloke. Fact is though he's not good enough and is now talking shite to cover how badly we have been playing.

Frustration has to be vented and based on his overall achievement being woeful. He is getting more and more stick and rightly so.

For what it's worth I think he's a good bloke and he wants the best for us,  but he could spend another £80m and I wouldn't be certain things would be any different. There's something very wrong in how it's going on the pitch. I don't think his methods and style of play are compatible with this league and this age of footbal sadly. He isn't imposing enough, too nice and his tactics and player selections is getting worse.

He deserves criticism. I just don't see how jumping on every word he says is justified, being positive is certainly not a reason to get pelters.

I've said a few times I've been pro McClaren. If we fail to win today I think he should be replaced but I don't have any sort of dislike for him like I did with Pardew or Allardyce. He's tried but so far he simply hasn't been good enough.

He deserves criticism. I just don't see how jumping on every word he says is justified, being positive is certainly not a reason to get pelters.

I've said a few times I've been pro McClaren. If we fail to win today I think he should be replaced but I don't have any sort of dislike for him like I did with Pardew or Allardyce. He's tried but so far he simply hasn't been good enough.

I agree with you, but that's the way this (and other I'd guess) forum works, there's a bit of a herd mentality. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes ridiculous.

Because him saying we were tremendous when we weren't creates a losers mentality and gives the impression performance which are below par are acceptable.

Because him saying we were tremendous when we weren't creates a losers mentality and gives the impression performance which are below par are acceptable.

That comment after the Watford game was embarrassing but aside from that I think he's been fair. In that article I linked earlier he said something like he can't be positive after what happened at Everton.

Today is massive for him.

That comment after the Watford game was embarrassing but aside from that I think he's been fair. In that article I linked earlier he said something like he can't be positive after what happened at Everton.

Disagree mate its only a couple of days ago he said we have deserved to win the majority of our games or something along those lines.

He's full of shit and a crap manager to boot.

Disagree mate its only a couple of days ago he said we have deserved to win the majority of our games or something along those lines.

He's full of s*** and a crap manager to boot.

Haha! Fair enough :)

He's full of s*** and a crap manager to boot.

Haha! Fair enough :)

I bet the want to give him a chance which he's more than had at this stage  but the fact we ended up with him in the first place is a travesty

Any normal club and he'd have been replaced by now. But we gave him a long term deal, made him a part of the board and backed him with substantial funds in January to bring in the players he fancies.

The financial outlay of January alone means they have faith in him and part of the reason he has failed, in their mind, is the squad hasn't been strong enough. That has to be their thinking, given the way we splashed the cash last month in a window they have admitted in the past isn't the best to trade in.

I think he is here until the end of the season with no plans to replace him even if we go into the last game in the bottom three as long as there is that mathematical chance of safety.

This is the bloke who knocked us back three times, didn't have the balls to come and take on a relegation battle and only took the job after his Championship club had deemed him not good enough for them.  A record of failure, another merry go round manager.

He's full of shit just like the previous no marks we've employed.  Do you think the players pay any attention to his post match bollocks?  No?  Then who is he trying to fool?

Same shit as Pardew in a mildly less punchable skin.

Sort of understand what you are saying and I think most on here wanted him to succeed as he seems like a decent bloke. Fact is though he's not good enough and is now talking s**** to cover how badly we have been playing.

:thup:

I didn't think he was the right manager when appointed, but seemed to be an upgrade on Carvdew and really wanted to give him a chance, not least because he seemed like a decent, honest bloke. The comments have got more and more ridiculous/Pardew-esque and to be frank he lost me with his ridiculous totting up and bragging about attempted crosses after the Watford Cup game. With every passing week he seems more and more the chancer who is doing anything he can to cling onto his last premier league paycheck for as long as possible by pulling the wool over his thick bosses' eyes.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-mcclaren-reveals-message-fans-10849627

Honestly really hate this sort of s***:

We want to create that same type of atmosphere in all the home games. The fans are our 12th man.

“It is vitally important to put anything else to the side. They can grumble and boo at the end, but during the game they get behind the team.

“My message is, we need you against West Brom.”

He's full of shit coming out with that bollocks.

I can't believe we tried 3 times to get this bloke and we only eventually got him after he got sacked, I bet he wouldn't be here now if derby had made the playoffs

Even if we got beat 13-0 and his pants fell down on the touchline, there's no way he's getting sacked two weeks after dropping £80m like.

That might not be true, the money spent may have been to keep us in the division rather than to back the manager.