michael owen, does he train?

Guest toonbaz

Guest toonbaz

Michael owen was pictured in thursday's racing post walking the course at nottingham racecourse before racing on wednesday, bearing in mind the first race was at around 1230 where the fuck did he find the time to train on wednesday morning.

makes me wonder wether he just asks for time off when he likes to go and watch his horses. surely on a wednesday before a big match on saturday he should be training with everyone else.

Guest rebel_yell12

How many hours a day does the squad train?  I think I remember in Owen's book he said that training starts around 10 each morning (although they're generally in by 9 doing autographs, etc.) and goes until around noon.  Then they have time in the gym or a team meeting, or they are done for the day.  If they had a light session on Wednesday (after hard work on Monday & Tuesday, with more hard work on Thursday that wouldn't be unexpected or inappropriate) he could easily have done both training and the races.  Or the strikers had light work on Wednesday, while other portions of the squad had more intensive work.  There could be a multitude of reasons for his having a day off.  I get days off work, don't you?  It may not be Owen's choice to take Wednesday...the lads don't get one of either Saturday or Sunday off most weekends, so I think it's up to the club and management to give the lads their days off.  Would you rather he was given his day off on Friday?  I'll let Big Sam, Mort and Ashley worry about whether or not Owen's got a day off for the races. 

Guest Ridzuan

He is given the freedom to anything he wants.Hes Big Sam most important player and he definitely doesnt want to make Owen unhappy.

No. He doesn't train, he helicopter.

:lol:

Uhhh....  dude, he like totally Eurocopter's...  there's a difference, okaaaay?  Like, OMZOGGY!  :lol:

I hope little Mickey feels quite the fool riding around in a 2million quid Eurocopter Dauphin.  It's Dolphin, stupids! 

When teams don't have midweek matches, Newcastle definately do and i think most teams as well give players the day off. 

To be honest this Owen witch hunt is getting stupid,  the lad can't do anything and whatever he does gets criticised.

Other players were probably out golfing or something but owen loves horse racing so he went there,  probably to watch one of his own horses race!

OMG, Owen has just admitted that he isn't great!!!!!!11!

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1164072,00.html

"When I was at Real Madrid we won 4-2 at home to Barcelona and we lost 3-2 away.

"The scorers chart on the 4-2 win was fantastic. It was Ronaldo, Zidane, Raul and Owen, and then Ronaldinho and Eto'o for Barcelona, so that's five great players.