Another captain thread - should we give it to someone else?

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

with Geremi being our captain, yet not starting the past few games, do you think that Sam should perhaps reconsider his decision?

For me, your captain should be someone who is an automatic choice for the starting XI, and obviously, who should be vocal and able to lead the team.  We're going to lose Geremi in January, so we're going to face around 4/5 games where our captain is unavailable.  I know a thread was started previously whereby it was suggested that Geremi would not be dropped due to his captain status, but now I think the boot is on the other foot, and now he appears not to be a certain pick for SA, then perhaps we should appoint a new captain.

For me, I think Abdoulaye Faye would make an excellent captain based on recent performances.  I've always liked the idea of a centre half being your captain, as they are often vocal people and are often associated with a fighting spirit.  (see John Terry, Terry Butcher etc).  I know this is a hypocrital choice, as we will also be losing Faye in January, but I honestly think that SA should reconsider his decision to have Geremi as captain.

I'm probably going to get a panning from everyone for this, but what do other people think???

As I see it there should be two focal players in our team right now, Geremi and Viduka, so if Geremi can't be captain, Viduka should be.

Your so over the top about Geremi its ridiculous!

Michael Owen definitely shouldn't be captain, i've no idea why managers seem to think it is.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

I think Joey Bartons got the passion but his temper sometimes worries me. I didnt really understand geremi at first but grown to see his influence. For me its Smith, Butt or Barton

If the Pompey game didn't happen this thread would be full of the word "cacapa".

Good shout.

He did it for Lyon for long enough. Not sure what his English is like but if he can speak the lingo to any degree then I'd think he'd be a good choice.

Genuinely struggling to think of someone in our squad who i'd like as captain.

There isn't an outstanding candidate - I would have given it to Capaca at the start of the season, but his form doesn't warrant it at this time(confidence low) ; Barton would be a candidate but for his stupid lapses of temperament - maybe Butt is the best of a poor bunch...

I didn't want Geremi in the first place.

Guest optimistic nit

fuck giving it to smith :lol:

i'd give it to cacapa imo. captain of lyon for 6 seasons, all of which they finished 1st in the french league. or if not him beye, capatin of marsaille who finished 2nd in the french league last season.