Three players to transform the team.....

Colos Short and Curlies

Berbatov: Just a class act. Viduka with speed and mobility. I reckon he would be suitable as the head of Sam's favourable 4-3-3.

Riquelme: noone would transform the side as much as Riquelme

El Hadji Diouf: Controversial decision i know, but a player that would add to our options and would be a fantastic pick up imo

Agreed. If we coulden't get Berba then Ashton would be great too.

Personally now I think we've got a competent defence, or so it would seem on paper.

They just need time to gel as a unit, as I think as individuals they are a lot better than what we have had over the past few seasons (not saying much I know.)

What we are in need of though, to really take the pressure off the defence, is some players who are competent enough to keep hold of the ball under pressure, thus relieving the pressure at the back.

International week, I'm bored at work and haven't started a topic for a while........

Carte blanche-ish in January (i.e. Mike has said money no object), you've got three players to transform the team.

Try and make it realistic by accepting that Ronaldo aint gonna leave ManU and Ronaldinho isn't going to join us. Saying that have a bit of ambition.

I reckon we need a winger (preferably right sided), an attacking CM with vision and a centre forward.

Anelka or Huntellar(sp) depending on Sams pulling techniques

Joaquin

Riquelme

All 3 would take a hell of a sweet talk to get them here, but thats my January wish list!

Don't know about Joaquin, final ball is a bit iffy and seems to play in little cameo's rather than sustain a performance throughout the game. He can carry the ball well though and is very skillful and direct which I like. When he's on form though he's great to watch. Highly doubt we could get him though.

For me:

Bentley

Anelka

Van der vaart

All 3 can score goals regularly and are creative.

International week, I'm bored at work and haven't started a topic for a while........

Carte blanche-ish in January (i.e. Mike has said money no object), you've got three players to transform the team.

Try and make it realistic by accepting that Ronaldo aint gonna leave ManU and Ronaldinho isn't going to join us. Saying that have a bit of ambition.

I reckon we need a winger (preferably right sided), an attacking CM with vision and a centre forward.

Joaquin

Riquelme

All 3 would take a hell of a sweet talk to get them here, but thats my January wish list!

Don't know about Joaquin, final ball is a bit iffy and seems to play in little cameo's rather than sustain a performance throughout the game. He can carry the ball well though and is very skillful and direct which I like. When he's on form though he's great to watch. Highly doubt we could get him though.

For me:

Bentley

Anelka

Van der vaart

Realistic man.  O0

Personally now I think we've got a competent defence, or so it would seem on paper.

They just need time to gel as a unit, as I think as individuals they are a lot better than what we have had over the past few seasons (not saying much I know.)

What we are in need of though, to really take the pressure off the defence, is some players who are competent enough to keep hold of the ball under pressure, thus relieving the pressure at the back.

Butt and Geremi are no good at keeping postive posession (ie not a silly backwards pass or one to another player closely marked). I honestly wouldn't want either in the team next year.

Butt and Geremi are no good at keeping postive posession (ie not a silly backwards pass or one to another player closely marked). I honestly wouldn't want either in the team next year.

I disagree, I think Butt's passing is underrated. The only problem is his age. He's another one out of contract in the summer iirc. I haven't seen enough of Geremi yet.

Hence my Gilberto thread  blueyes.gif

Joaquin

Riquelme

For me:

Bentley

Anelka

Van der vaart

Realistic man.  O0

Ivan Campo?

Maxi Rodriguez

Riquelme

Anelka

Wed play good football with that trio in the team. Maxi Rodriguez would be the goal machine from midfield adding some technique along with strength and pace, Riquelme to pull the strings, Anelka to provide some class up front.