Three players to transform the team.....

Colos Short and Curlies

Strange amount of people wanting Riquelme considering he can't even get a game at Villarreal. If he can't cut it over there anymore, he'd get a bit of a shock in the Premiership.

He's one of those also that needs time on ze ball.

Strange amount of people wanting Riquelme considering he can't even get a game at Villarreal. If he can't cut it over there anymore, he'd get a bit of a shock in the Premiership.

Thats coz he fell out witht them watch him for Argentina he is world class

Riquelme

Joe Cole

Anelka

Huntelaar

Diego

A right winger - SWP probably.

Given

Beye  Faye    Roz  Enrique

SWP  Diego  Barton Zog/Duff

Huntelaar Owen

Given

Beye  Faye  Rozehnal  Jose

Butt Diego Barton

SWP                              Duff

Huntelaar

Yep, either of those look great.

Maybe a team that good could even convince Allardyce we could go away from home and play to win. ;)

He has been though, there's not a chance he'll be leaving Barca, in my honest opinion there's more chance of Ronaldinho leaving than Iniesta.

I reckon Ronaldinho is a cert to leave Barca soon enough tbh.

Agree with you about Iniesta, he's immense. Fabregas is twice the player Iniesta was at the same age though tbh, and will prove better in the long run in my opinion.

We need a focal point CF, a playmaker in midfield and someone who can do something a bit special out wide anyway, those are the three needs I see.

A suggestion I'd put forth for the winger is Quaresma from Porto. Poor man's Cristiano Ronaldo, which is pretty good really. Would give us that spark and player that full-backs just hate to play against, definitely make us so much more entertaining.

If anyone says he'd never leave Porto to come here I'll flatten them, by the way.

Guest Steven_MB

Riquelme isn't realistic, he said a while ago that he would never go to England, as he doesn't want his kids to have to live in a country where they can't speak the language, or go to english schools.

He has been though, there's not a chance he'll be leaving Barca, in my honest opinion there's more chance of Ronaldinho leaving than Iniesta.

Agree with you about Iniesta, he's immense. Fabregas is twice the player Iniesta was at the same age though tbh, and will prove better in the long run in my opinion.

We need a focal point CF, a playmaker in midfield and someone who can do something a bit special out wide anyway, those are the three needs I see.

A suggestion I'd put forth for the winger is Quaresma from Porto. Poor man's Cristiano Ronaldo, which is pretty good really. Would give us that spark and player that full-backs just hate to play against, definitely make us so much more entertaining.

If anyone says he'd never leave Porto to come here I'll flatten them, by the way.

Only due to the fact Iniesta never broke into the first team later on due to Barca's strength in depth at the time, I'm sure Fabregas wouldn't be half the player he is now as well if it wasn't for Wenger playing him at such an earliy age.

Only due to the fact Iniesta never broke into the first team later on due to Barca's strength in depth at the time, I'm sure Fabregas wouldn't be half the player he is now as well if it wasn't for Wenger playing him at such an earliy age.

Doesn't really change anything regarding who will ultimately be the better player though. :razz:

Doesn't really change anything regarding who will ultimately be the better player though. :razz:

You're right.

Messi for the win.  blueyes.gif

Guest Deep456

Our team at the moment:

Goalkeepers: Given/Harper/Krul

Right backs: Geremi/Beye

Left backs: Babayaro/Enrique

Centre backs: Taylor/Rozenhal/Cacapa/Faye

Right midfielders: Milner

Centre midfielders: Barton/Butt/Emre

Left midfielder: N'zogbia/Duff

Tall agressive striker: Viduka/Ameobi/Smith

Short striker: Owen/Martins

Transfers in January:

Out: Babayaro

In: Diego, Riquelme, Emanuelson

Guest alijmitchell

Quaresma,

Huntelaar,

Diego.

Lets face it, none of these will come here, so perhaps Anelka, Nakamura and Juninho (still probably wouldn't come)

International week, I'm bored at work and haven't started a topic for a while........

Carte blanche-ish in January (i.e. Mike has said money no object), you've got three players to transform the team.

Try and make it realistic by accepting that Ronaldo aint gonna leave ManU and Ronaldinho isn't going to join us. Saying that have a bit of ambition.

I reckon we need a winger (preferably right sided), an attacking CM with vision and a centre forward.

Anelka or Huntellar(sp) depending on Sams pulling techniques

Joaquin

Riquelme

All 3 would take a hell of a sweet talk to get them here, but thats my January wish list!

Don't know about Joaquin, final ball is a bit iffy and seems to play in little cameo's rather than sustain a performance throughout the game. He can carry the ball well though and is very skillful and direct which I like. When he's on form though he's great to watch. Highly doubt we could get him though.

For me:

Bentley

Anelka

Van der vaart

All 3 can score goals regularly and are creative.

Realistic man.  O0

Not that unrealistic really, considering we're talking about being ambitious and money being no object.  He plays for HSV after all, he's a bit of a one man team up there, but if the price was high enough they're bound to sell eventually.

My vote would go for:

Van Der Vaart

Van Der Vaart

Van Der Vaart

If we couldn't get Van Der Vaart three times then I'd fill the other two spaces with Huntelaar and Quaresma..

International week, I'm bored at work and haven't started a topic for a while........

Carte blanche-ish in January (i.e. Mike has said money no object), you've got three players to transform the team.

Try and make it realistic by accepting that Ronaldo aint gonna leave ManU and Ronaldinho isn't going to join us. Saying that have a bit of ambition.

I reckon we need a winger (preferably right sided), an attacking CM with vision and a centre forward.

Anelka or Huntellar(sp) depending on Sams pulling techniques

Joaquin

Riquelme

All 3 would take a hell of a sweet talk to get them here, but thats my January wish list!

Don't know about Joaquin, final ball is a bit iffy and seems to play in little cameo's rather than sustain a performance throughout the game. He can carry the ball well though and is very skillful and direct which I like. When he's on form though he's great to watch. Highly doubt we could get him though.

For me:

Bentley

Anelka

Van der vaart

All 3 can score goals regularly and are creative.

Realistic man.  O0

Not that unrealistic really, considering we're talking about being ambitious and money being no object.  He plays for HSV after all, he's a bit of a one man team up there, but if the price was high enough they're bound to sell eventually.

My vote would go for:

Van Der Vaart

Van Der Vaart

Van Der Vaart

If we couldn't get Van Der Vaart three times then I'd fill the other two spaces with Huntelaar and Quaresma..

They're currently 3rd in the Bundesliga though, when RVD does leave, it'll be to a team much higher up the food chain than ourselves.