Big Sam, would he stay? Says so...

Decky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We all know how much Big Sam wanted the England job last time around and how much he was upset at not getting it. I really dont know what to think here tbh, part of me believes Sam would never walk out on Newcastle at this stage, so early into a new era, he still wants silverware at a club, however managing his country is clearly a huge honour for him and may be too good to refuse. No doubt he will be approached, what do you think he will do?

Really not sure. They (or us, if they want Allardyce) should go for Mourinho though.

Who would you rather have, Dave? 

Mourinho in an instant, but ONLY if we lost Allardyce. I wouldn't want to see us sack Allardyce.

If that makes sense.

Really not sure. They (or us, if they want Allardyce) should go for Mourinho though.

Who would you rather have, Dave? 

Mourinho in an instant, but ONLY if we lost Allardyce. I wouldn't want to see us sack Allardyce.

If that makes sense.

Yeah, I see your thinking there and agree.  I'd probably prefer Mourinho as well, but I don't think he's all that different from Allardyce (Tactic's wise).  He's a winner though and has one up on Big Sam in that department. 

I thought Mourinho couldnt manage here for a couple of years or something? Infact didnt he say himself he wouldnt come back for a while?

He supposedly can't take another club job in England for a while.

He'll be back sooner rather than later.  Someone would pay the compo. 

I would be gobsmacked if the FA approached him.

They didn't think he was as good as McClaren a year ago when his stock was higher. A (so far) average spell in charge of Newcastle won't have pushed him up the list. Especially when they look at what Sven has done with City in the same time frame.