Newcastle United 0 vs Liverpool 3 - 24/11/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

James

We have to stick with allardyce though, he tried to play as defensive as he could and tried to keep it tight and scrappy, it backfired again in his face and he had no clues to turn things round.

Do we?

I would say for now, yes we do. If we dont give him the season were going to look like the revolving door of managers like we always have done, lessening the limited appeal the job already has.

TBH England could do us a massive favour, but i doubt they'd go for him after his performance so far at NUFC.

We have to stick with allardyce though, he tried to play as defensive as he could and tried to keep it tight and scrappy, it backfired again in his face and he had no clues to turn things round.

Do we?

Agreed :thup:

Guest Novocastrian

Formations mean jack shit, it's just the way you line up for the beginning of the match. Premier League players need to be able to adapt to any given circumstances and should be shifting through all different types of nominal formations during 90 mins.

Problem with Fat Sam's team is they can't pass it along the ground, there is no movement and the team seem totally demoralised judging by the way they half heartedly traipsed back onto the pitch after half time.

What a shambles.

Do we?

I would say for now, yes we do. If we dont give him the season were going to look like the revolving door of managers like we always have done, lessening the limited appeal the job already has.

TBH England could do us a massive favour, but i doubt they'd go for him after his performance so far at NUFC.

Cool. That "Do we?" wasn't my own personal judgment on the matter, was just wondering what people thought. I hastily said "Sam out" earlier in this thread but I know it's not anywhere near as simple as that.

Guest sittingontheball

Sh!te and not for the want of a better word. Completely outclassed. If I were a Liverpool fan, I'd be upset that they didn't score more.

Bringing on Steven Carr was the icing on the cake.

Guest justin99.

I don't think I've disliked a manager this much EVER!!!

watching the analysis of the goals and highlights,  it is horrible.

lack of marking, failing to chase, no desire, possession 39% - 61%,

imagine the Arsenal game in 2 weeks, new scoring record for sure. 

Do we?

Cool. That "Do we?" wasn't my own personal judgment on the matter, was just wondering what people thought. I hastily said "Sam out" earlier in this thread but I know it's not anywhere near as simple as that.

What do you think then? It is tough, other factors are tied up in this for a change, its not like a simple sacking like Souness, although if the board wanted, the excuse could be it wasn't their man. Going to cost about £6m though to sack him, then probably the same again to get a decent manager in. I'd rather he received that money in the window to buy some more players, and let him see out the season.

I don't even have a clear opinion on the matter anymore, like i said before, i really am not trying to naturally react in a bad way about this, but my opinion all season is it hasn't been good enough, this has just confirmed to everyone it hasn't been and i don't want to lead the stupidity pack by calling for his head right now.

Did we have a legitimate shot on target today?

I can only remember Viduka's two offside attempts and when Martins stuck it in when he was offside, an' all.

Anyone? Soccernet has us down as having had 6 shots and 2 on target (as opposed to 'Pools' 17/11)?

our players are supposedly good... but when they play as a team..

all i see is 10 bunch of boumsong-like idiots (excluding given he's class)

Absolute rubbish performance. That was as bad as any performance we saw under Roeder, if not worse.

Sam Allardyce is clearly a fraud. He came with the billing of being a tactical master and a man who was defensively mainded and would reinforce our leaky backline. Instead we have a man who encourages a defensive mentality in a team that can't defend.

0 shots on target is completely unacceptable.

"A rudderless ship" according to Mick Lowes - are you listening Sam?

Fucking sick of football at the minute, had a gut full of the lot o them.