The Times today speculated that the players have turned on Allardyce

KaKa

the passing was poor throughout the team but he also tried to get forward,unlike the supposedly more attack minded emre.

the game was summed up by butt in possession in the middle screaming at geremi to move into the acres of space on the right and geremi only doing it reluctantly.

I noticed Butt having a go at Geremi, the only problem with Butt having to shout at him is the lost opportunity through the delayed reaction.  Was that the time when Butt ran into a couple of Liverpool players and within seconds we were under pressure again?

no,geremi just jogged towards the space and butt played the ball into the space in an attempt to get geremi to go into the space. we did lose the ball but by getting geremi there he may not need to be told,cajoled,directed to get there next time.......unfortunatly it didn't work.

i reckon this time next year we will be saying 'remember hen we wanted rid of allardyce'???

he'll be a success here, it will just take time.

if he goes, the blokes who will be tipped to get his job are those who are proving a success after a couple of years, hughes, moyes, jewell.

i reckon this time next year we will be saying 'remember hen we wanted rid of allardyce'???

if he goes, the blokes who will be tipped to get his job are those who are proving a success after a couple of years, hughes, moyes, jewell.

I agree with you, but, he's not helping himself. He lost the game yesterday with his s*** tactics and subs, and very nearly lost us the Sunderland game for the same reasons.

He has to show something.

i totally agree, and i think he will, but its going to be a lot harder if people are screaming abuse at him.

i remeber liverpool fans didnt like rafa at all when he first came, they were all well pissed off with 'zonal marking'.

a few cups later they seem to be ok.

the bloke needs time, we've been ripped up from top to bottom and we are starting again, its almost like a new club.

a win at blackburn next week will see this all calm down

Hughes and Moyes immediately took their teams forward. Moyes had a couple yoyo years but he showed where he could take them. Hughes took a team of relegation battlers to a team fighting for europe. The team immediately looked better than what Souness had been offering for 16 odd months.

We have decent enough players to  play with a degree of competence. No shots on target ffs... looking like we could get beat 6 or 7 nil isn't acceptable at any period.

butt was our best player and i'm beginning to feel sorry for him in the way i felt sorry for gary speed.

Butt was our best player when?

yesterday

Butt was the biggest culprit in our first half performance yesterday.  He just did what he always does, started trying to play once the game was over.

butt was our best player and i'm beginning to feel sorry for him in the way i felt sorry for gary speed.

Butt was our best player when?

yesterday

Butt was the biggest culprit in our first half performance yesterday.  He just did what he always does, started trying to play once the game was over.

playing on the right of a midfield 3 to start with and no wing back coming outside. he at least tried to get the formation going.

the biggest culprit was allardyce,on the playing side the formation relies heavily on the wingbacks at least taking up the proper positions,even for nuisance sake,neither did,offensivly we had no passing options because of it,defensivly thery didn't mark player or zone to the point where for 30mins you couldn't tell wether it was 5-3-2,3-5-2 or 4-4-2.

Hughes and Moyes immediately took their teams forward. Moyes had a couple yoyo years but he showed where he could take them. Hughes took a team of relegation battlers to a team fighting for europe. The team immediately looked better than what Souness had been offering for 16 odd months.

We have decent enough players to  play with a degree of competence. No shots on target ffs... looking like we could get beat 6 or 7 nil isn't acceptable at any period.

you could argue that we have been taken forward, as we are further on than last year, and he hasnt exactly spent much money has he?

i think the takeover has deluded some people, and its all of a sudden as if we were great last year.

if we hadnt have got that flukey win at sheff utd we would have been dragged into a relegation battle, we were fucking awful last season, lets not forget that.

im not syaing we are a good side now, but its not as if we have dropped under allardyce now is it.

Allardyce feels fans' wrath after Newcastle hit 'rock bottom'

http://football.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2216567,00.html

Paul Wilson

Sunday November 25, 2007

The Observer

Sam Allardyce says he no longer wants the England job, but he does really.

In the words of one of his St James' Park predecessors who went on to look after England, Allardyce would love it were the Football Association to throw out a lifeline and rescue him from his ongoing nightmare on Tyneside.

Alas, it ain't going to happen, not least because Allardyce is all too obviously in charge of one of the biggest shambles in the Premier League. All too obviously too, he is unpopular with his own fans, and even the FA aren't going to make that mistake twice.

Every one of his substitutions against Liverpool was loudly booed, with the jeers reaching a peak when he brought on James Milner (whom the crowd wanted) but withdrew Charles N'Zogbia.

The chant 'You don't know what you're doing' is usually aimed at referees, or at least at opposing managers, but after that switch Allardyce heard it loud and clear from his own supporters.

He also heard 'Big Sam for England' chanted ironically, but the Liverpool contingent were responsible for that. Newcastle fans did not whistle it down, however - in fact, some applauded the sentiment while a few more joined in.

Big Sam might not really have a big fat head, as the Liverpool supporters noisily suggested, but he increasingly looks like a big square peg in a round hole.

Fan power counts in this part of the world - in the absence of trophies or successful teams, Newcastle's phenomenal support is paramount - and managers tend not to last long when the crowd turn against them. 'Dead man walking' was the phrase being used last night by seasoned St James' observers.

When Allardyce finally emerged after a half-hour behind closed doors with his players in the dressing room, he looked even more fed up than usual. 'We've hit rock bottom and I wasn't expecting that,' he said. 'I had to point out a few things to the players and sometimes right after the game is the best time to do that, when everyone is still emotional. We had a good win against Spurs here last month and everyone was happy then, but a bit of a bad run has escalated into a predicament, with only one point from four games since.

'I knew this was going to be difficult today, but most disappointing from our point of view was the way our heads dropped after the second goal. We've got to dig ourselves out of this, show it's just a blip rather than a disaster, but that won't be easy when our next two games are against Blackburn and Arsenal.'

Allardyce made his name at Bolton by making life difficult for teams such as Liverpool and Arsenal, though he seems to have had the effect of turning Newcastle into a doormat. Liverpool could quite easily have had seven or eight goals, and the general feeling among home fans at the end was that if Arsenal play as well as they have been doing they could reach double figures.

'That's only what you expect here,' Allardyce said stoically. 'Newcastle have lots of passionate supporters and they are quite within their rights to express disapproval if they have not enjoyed what they have seen. They paid their money and we did not do the job we are expected to do.'

:undecided:

Guest michaelfoster

Allardyce kept them locked in the dressing room for 40 mins after the match, he said he felt he needed to point a few things out. Im sure the players were pleased about that.

There was a similar veiled comment about players being unhappy in the Guardian yesterday as well. If it's true, it would seem that some of the players don't like being on such a short leash. There's something to be said about putting your best side out on the field, in a formation that suits their talents and just letting them play. I don't think Big Sam gets that.

you could argue that we have been taken forward, as we are further on than last year, and he hasnt exactly spent much money has he?

£25m.

Crisis? What crisis?

Loking at the table - we are 11th, comfortably in the mid table with a 5 points gap between us and Fulham.

From all the big sam out cries you thought we would be lingering around relegation zone like we were during Roeder's time. But we are not.

And I don't think Newcastle under could go any more worse. I will be glad if this is true.

Crisis? What crisis?

Loking at the table - we are 11th, comfortably in the mid table with a 5 points gap between us and Fulham.

From all the big sam out cries you thought we would be lingering around relegation zone like we were during Roeder's time. But we are not.

And I don't think Newcastle under could go any more worse. I will be glad if this is true.

In two weeks they might be ahead of us, we wont win our next two games.

£25m.

how much has he brought in?? at least £12m

so thats £13m.

like i say, hardly megabucks

Well lets hope Tuesday's Guardian/Times points out that he's been sacked.

fuck me.

and people wonder why we get laughed at.

who would you bring in exactly?

mourinho no doubt.

along with puyol, ronaldinho and rooney.

Well lets hope Tuesday's Guardian/Times points out that he's been sacked.

fuck me.

and people wonder why we get laughed at.

who would you bring in exactly?

mourinho no doubt.

along with puyol, ronaldinho and rooney.

Just ignore him. Theres no danger of him voicing that opinion at the ground either.

Crisis? What crisis?

We have less points and have conceded loads more goals this season than from the equivalent fixtures last season. We're in a deceptively high position simply because of the relative ease of our early fixtures.

Crisis? What crisis?

We have less points and have conceded loads more goals this season than from the equivalent fixtures last season. We're in a deceptively high position simply because of the relative ease of our early fixtures.

A quite unbelievable comment from Delima. Your analysis of our season so far is nailed on and correct.