The booing perspective - Joey Barton has his say on us...

Benwell Lad
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is he to fucking tell us ANYTHING? He should fucking perform on the pitch before running his mouth, especially since he is a new signing.

He's a gobby scouser. He makes some valid points and some not so valid points. He's speaking as a new signging and giving the impressions a new signing has had of the support, which I thinks fair and something we could bear in mind. The likes of Beye, Rozehnal, Enrique, etc. must be wondering what the fuck is going on.

He's talking bollocks in all honesty. How were the fans to blame for 3-0 down in 11 minutes? How does he explain being totally insipid on the road? How do Barcelona and Real cope under the pressure of some of the most demanding fans in the world?

I thought Joey Barton didn't make excuses, doesn't sound like that to me.

Apart from the Jenas comment etc, he's talking sense. Booing certainly doesnt help the team, especially new players, and a fear factor this early in SA stint here cant be good. The team is certainly frustrating at the moment, but as fans people should get behind them because its the best way we can aid the teams success. Booing is certainly warranted, but it isnt the best way to help the club, and fans should have that interest at heart.

If we hadn't dropped points at Reading, Derby, Boro and the SoS, people could take home defeats. It's going to those places with the attitude we have and putting in the performances we have that has people's backs up the most, as well as driving the confidence from the team going into the home games.

Whose fault is that Joey?

What the fuck does he expect!!!Only part of the reason why there was boos was because of the scoreline!Its the pathetic so called performances by the majority of players,whom alot of money was spent on and the fucking riduclous desicons Sam keeps on making doesn help either!Im begining to think he likes the sound of his own voice,he should stick to getting back to full fitness and putting in alot better performances!!!

I thought we reached a new low on Saturday but anyone who has attended SJP over the last 4-5 years can understand the reasons behind it.  It is almost a case of who shall we throw into the lion's den this week.  Players popular one season become public enemy number one, the next.  I would be surprised if any Liverpool player offered the chance to join Newcastle would want to based on what happened last Saturday and that would be true of players from many other clubs.

I would hope that as supporters we hit rock bottom on last Saturday.  The point was made very vociferously and hopefully it has been heeded by the manager and the players, so lets get back to supporting the team as we used to do and hope that they react to it positively.

What the fuck does he expect!!!Only part of the reason why there was boos was because of the scoreline!Its the pathetic so called performances by the majority of players,whom alot of money was spent on and the fucking riduclous desicons Sam keeps on making doesn help either!Im begining to think he likes the sound of his own voice,he should stick to getting back to full fitness and putting in alot better performances!!!

The only problem with this is that our players bar 2 are all relatively cheap and average.

The cunts seem to forget that it's their totally inept performances that bring the crowd reaction.

If we lost 4 games in a row but the crowd could see 100% effort being given on the pitch then although unhappy it wouldn't turn to being vicious or just totally disrespectful as last Saturday.

They want to shut the fuck up and put their own house in order.

funny that. i'd wondered about crouchs' reaction to our fans being dicks, considering he's been linked with us quite a few times, he probably thinks it'll be best to stay an opposition player at st james, that way he can get a round of applause

well said joey

I don't put the blame fully on the players for the disgusting performances shown in the last number of weeks home and away...I think Allardyce must take a big chunk of the blame for his shambolic tactics/formation and negative and so called "safe" approach to games which is the real cause of the significant amount of voiceful dissatisfaction from the fans.

Unfortunately the players are stuck between a rock and a hard place...Allardyce on one side pushing players out into the field with unfamiliar tactics/roles which is causing the players to under perform and loose confidence in themselves and then you have 52000 fans on the other side voicing their disapproval of such pathetic uninspiring heartless displays from the players and they have every right to do so, but I can see the players feeling hopeless at the situation the longer it continues like this with  their almost shattered confidence...

The only way out of this "vicious" cycle is for Allaryce to go back to basics and stop fu*king around and grow some balls and tell the players to go out there and PLAY TO WIN AND ONLY WIN. With such positive attitude you will only then get the fans strongly behind the team...

I've been to games home and away and I'm yet to see a poor performance on the back of booing, I have heard booing on the back of a poor performance though.  I'd be embarrassed if I was a footballer and came out with shite like that to excuse poor performances from the players and manager.  The booing can affect a game, booing has not affected any game that I’ve seen, managerial tactics and shite play has.

Guest justin99.

you look like a fool if after watching a team play like rubbish for 90 min, you stand and applaud.

These players don't need nurturing and reassurance, they are not 5 years old.

I f they can't handle the pressure they should leave.

Barton's comments are crass & self-satisfied(AS IF he has anything to be self-satisfied about!).

These players have an inflated opinion of themselves - setting himself up in judgment of the fans when he has blotted his own copybook on innumerable occasions - merely shows how out-of-touch the whole of football is becoming in its relations with the grass-roots fans.

We owe them NOTHING - they get ridiculously well-paid to do something they should enjoy doing and keep fit doing it, whilst many people(and this will increase over the next year)struggle to pay their mortgages....

This article smacks of a Siege-mentality , not surprising to me as Football in general does react this way when criticised, and these players deserve criticism...

Much of the blame for NUFC's performances are , in most people's opinion, the fault of the manager and his tinkering with tactics and players' positions in the side but the players cannot be immune from accepting their share of the blame.

I sympathize with them to the extent that they are being messed about, but the last thing any of them should do is to lay the blame at the fans'door for having a go at their poor performances ; fans are , at the end of the day, CUSTOMERS and customers have a right to complain about sub-standard service or product - and that is EXACTLY what they have been presented with over the past month or so.

As for assertions about ' impatience' and 'fickleness', I will never accept these comments about NUFC fans from those who have not been part of the fanbase themselves - other clubs supporters will come out with this stuff for 2 reasons;

1.They know how big Newcastle's fan base is, and they are frightened that we ever reach our potential as a club, or

2. They wish to destroy the fans' belief in their club's potential.

People like Barton are simply mercenaries, paid to do a job and with no link to NUFC other than that.

Would Alan Shearer come out and say this? Absolutely NOT, unless the fans had booed the team/manager after the first game at home against Villa, when accusations of impatience would have been warranted. Shearer, because he knows the club's history, knows EXACTLY why the fans are getting fed-up with what is happening - its because they have seen it all too often before, AND they see other clubs leaving us behind.

IF Shearer does take over at some stage, I wouldn't imagine Mr Barton will be a Newcastle player for very long, and he may not be WHOEVER comes in if Allardyce goes.

The comments about Kluivert are simply stupid and reflect his ignorance.

Barton's comments are crass & self-satisfied(AS IF he has anything to be self-satisfied about!).

These players have an inflated opinion of themselves - setting himself up in judgment of the fans when he has blotted his own copybook on innumerable occasions - merely shows how out-of-touch the whole of football is becoming in its relations with the grass-roots fans.

We owe them NOTHING - they get ridiculously well-paid to do something they should enjoy doing and keep fit doing it, whilst many people(and this will increase over the next year)struggle to pay their mortgages....

This article smacks of a Siege-mentality , not surprising to me as Football in general does react this way when criticised, and these players deserve criticism...

Much of the blame for NUFC's performances are , in most people's opinion, the fault of the manager and his tinkering with tactics and players' positions in the side but the players cannot be immune from accepting their share of the blame.

I sympathize with them to the extent that they are being messed about, but the last thing any of them should do is to lay the blame at the fans'door for having a go at their poor performances ; fans are , at the end of the day, CUSTOMERS and customers have a right to complain about sub-standard service or product - and that is EXACTLY what they have been presented with over the past month or so.

As for assertions about ' impatience' and 'fickleness', I will never accept these comments about NUFC fans from those who have not been part of the fanbase themselves - other clubs supporters will come out with this stuff for 2 reasons;

1.They know how big Newcastle's fan base is, and they are frightened that we ever reach our potential as a club, or

2. They wish to destroy the fans' belief in their club's potential.

People like Barton are simply mercenaries, paid to do a job and with no link to NUFC other than that.

Would Alan Shearer come out and say this? Absolutely NOT, unless the fans had booed the team/manager after the first game at home against Villa, when accusations of impatience would have been warranted. Shearer, because he knows the club's history, knows EXACTLY why the fans are getting fed-up with what is happening - its because they have seen it all too often before, AND they see other clubs leaving us behind.

IF Shearer does take over at some stage, I wouldn't imagine Mr Barton will be a Newcastle player for very long, and he may not be WHOEVER comes in if Allardyce goes.

The comments about Kluivert are simply stupid and reflect his ignorance.

But he was just being honest, and he was correct in saying that players who have a choice of where they want to go may be turned off by Newcastle fans booing the team. As well, the relationship between fans and clubs is more complex than customer / business. I do agree that fans pay their money and the players should work as hard as they can, but if the fans really want the team to win, pissing the players off is obviously not the way to do it.

Barton only said what all the players are probably feeling. It will probably hurt him for saying it, as it will just make the fans dislike him even more, but at least he had the courage to tell the truth - and he had a point.