Derby replace Billy Davies with Paul Jewell.

Nate

Guest Ridzuan

I thought he would still be their manager till the end of the season.I mean,what difference will it make if a new manager takes over the club or not because I think they will still be in the drop zone come season end.Well at least he can say he beat Newcastle during his time with the club.

They're going down anyway, so pretty pointless.

No, Dave. They've got 6 points, so not ACTUALLY pointless as it turns out.

They're still only 4 points off safety - and if they can beat us, they can beat anyone.

Harsh, panicked and i don't know who they hope to bring in who's any better.

I don't think they're bothered about anything other than not spaffing money in a futile attempt at staying up, and claiming that chunky parachute payment next season. Davies had a tendency to talk about how much they needed to spend a bit too often.

Giles Barnes should be available, Ashley Young style, in the January window though.

Guest optimistic nit

Idiots.

No spending = certain relegation.

New manager = certain spending & relegation.

They should of stuck with him, saved their cash up, get a good Championship squad built next summer on the cheap, and try again just like Watford have and are doing with Boothrooyd.

I think thats exactly what they wanted to do. However Davies is too stubborn and believed that if they invested heavily in january he could keep them up. After the game the other day I think he said that if he got the money theyve earnt from this season and brought in 6 (....) new players they'll be alright. The board rightly thought he was mental and they've fallen out. Justifiable IMO.

good point.

Victim of his own success.

Yep, the team and the board wasn't ready it seems, it all came too fast for them.

I agree. If they'd still been in the championship, like they should have been (and will be next year), he'd still be in a job.

By the way, who was that poster who loved Derby and said they definitely wouldn't go down? Was it Morph? :lol:

Yep, the team and the board wasn't ready it seems, it all came too fast for them.

I agree. If they'd still been in the championship, like they should have been (and will be next year), he'd still be in a job.

By the way, who was that poster who loved Derby and said they definitely wouldn't go down? Was it Morph? :lol:

He could have been, I definitely remember him saying something like "white is right!".

;)

He could have been, I definitely remember him saying something like "white is right!".

;)

He'll be gutted that Ince has emerged as a leading candidate.  :lol:

All he had to do was not moan about money all the time and go on about the owners in the media regarding this. I honestly felt he would have still been in the job had this been the case.

Lost his right to even ask for money after spending £3.5 million on Earnshaw and givin up on him so quickly.

He's a twat and he deserved to be ditched.