Mourinho wants England Job

NSG

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7116283.stm

Former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has expressed a cautious interest in taking the vacant England manager's job.

Mourinho, who left Chelsea in September, said he would be happy to talk to the Football Association.

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me. We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."

Mourinho would be a popular choice to replace Steve McClaren at the helm with England because of his hugely impressive record with Chelsea and Porto.

He won two Portuguese championships, the Uefa Cup and the Champions League with Porto, before leaving to win two Premier League titles, two League Cups and the FA Cup with the Blues.

The 44-year-old had been tipped to stay in club management, having previously insisted that he would only be interested in coaching his native Portugal at international level.

Guest Steven_MB

Cappello > Mourinho.

Mebbes, but Mourinho can speak English at least.

Cappello has a year to learn before it's important, Mourinho could go back to his job as a translator!

Wow, what a choice. Cappello or Mourinho? :lol:

No doubt we'll hit someone like van Gaal, though.

Cappello for me, like. Better manager, and proved it over a longer time period and at more clubs. Splitting hairs with that, mind you.

Wow, what a choice.  Cappello or Mourinho? :lol:

No doubt we'll hit someone like van Gaal, though. 

Cappello for me, like.  Better manager, and proved it over a longer time period and at more clubs. 

You have more faith in them than I do!!

Good for England, bit of a meh reaction from me.

Grew completely tired of Mourinho and his antics in his last 18 months at Chelsea.

Poor football, bad signings, constant whining, disgraceful treatment of referees, predictable press conferences and not being anywhere near as clever as people think he is.

Still would welcome him with open arms to us though. 

Good for England, bit of a meh reaction from me.

Grew completely tired of Mourinho and his antics in his last 18 months at Chelsea.

Poor football, bad signings, constant whining, disgraceful treatment of referees, predictable press conferences and not being anywhere near as clever as people think he is.

Still would welcome him with open arms to us though. 

wow intersting I wonder how you rate Sam now?

To be fair, I don't think the bad signings and poor football were all down to him.  I think he's young, dynamic, and in need of a new challenge, and England would provide it.  I cringe though when I think of the inevitable flip-flop where he starts criticizing club managers and domestic leagues for not releasing their players.

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me. We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."

Fair play if he is interested.  But remember this is from the same newspaper who whenever they print a Newcastle related story we quickly dismiss it as being more garbage from the Sun. 

Fair play if he is interested.  But remember this is from the same newspaper who whenever they print a Newcastle related story we quickly dismiss it as being more garbage from the Sun. 

Difference is that the Sun never often use direct quotes from reputable sources when they talk about us.

Get him in, will probably improve our qualiying record a la Sven, we will always fail at the penultimate hurdle in tournaments though. At least until the english mentality changes and we have a decent number of our best players plying their trade abroad IMO.