Other games today

Yorkie

Guest kingdawson

Tottingham 1 - 0 Citeh (glove w******)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WE SCORED, WE DID, PASCAL THE RULER, ALL IS WELL AT THE LANE. 1-2 to City f/t score it is then :rolleyes:

Guest Knightrider

I don't blame fans for staying away either. Sometimes because of our attendances and being a one club city I think we can be quite ignorant of other clubs and their fans with regards to attendances. Football and Newcastle go together hand in hand and always has done dating right back to the 1800s. We have a rich culture of football here, it literally is in the blood; we are football people. I work in Boro a lot and it isn't and never will be a footballing hotbed and the people are not and never will be footballing people. I don't know why or how but not every town and city gets behind their football club regardless. Some need more than Premiership fixtures, a big game or even top players and a trophy. I think it's all about a feel good factor half the time with clubs like Boro, they need a crest of a wave if you like.

Totally.

How the hell Nufc get 50,000 crowds every match is unbelievable. We've been shite for the last few years, had an arse of a chairman, a load of players who get paid top dollar (often more than at other clubs) and either aren't good enough or don't care. Add to that the managers, and more disapointing games than good...

No (or very few) other club in Britain could do it. Its good in some ways that the support never stops, but then again under Sheppard i wondered whether it would be a good thing for crowds to drop, so he realised nufc fans werent mugs and wanted success...

Agreed. It amazes me and I'm from here. But this has always been the case. People may point to the late/early 90s where our attendances dropped to 20,000 on average but that actually reflected the state of the game and indeed our club at the time and not our support or passion for football which has always and always will be very strong here in Newcastle, often regardless of how good, bad or indifferent we are as our attendances year in year out show. We are just a footballing City and football daft as people. We are not unique in that of course, but where we are unique I believe is unlike say Liverpool, our support isn't just about football, it's about who we are. For example supporting Newcastle goes hand in hand with being a Geordie and vice versa.

I don't think any club in Britain could pull in as many fans on such a consistent and unequivocal basis if it hadn't tasted domestic success in over 50 years.

This can be a burden but it can equally be a huge bonus. Only Keegan has really ever tapped into this. Lets hope Sam and others do.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6568/asitstandswh9.jpg

I was looking at the scum's fix and i can't see them picking up another 13 points this season, theyve been lucky to be on that many (2 wins & a draw with the last kick of the game).

Next 3 fix: Villa (H) Reading (A) Man U (H)

Be interesting to see who Keane wastes more money on in Janaury.

Guest kingdawson

City equalise 1-1 (Bianchi). Our lame defence decide not to mark up which obviously results in an equaliser. We'll go on and lose now like i said earlier :rolleyes:.

The man who's continuing ommission baffles us all tbh. How the fuck Vassell gets in ahead of him is a mystery. Can't argue with the movement, or the header there. Great delivery too. COYB.

How is Isaksson performing for you guys? who of your goalies would you prefer to play?

Guest kingdawson

The man who's continuing ommission baffles us all tbh. How the f*** Vassell gets in ahead of him is a mystery. Can't argue with the movement, or the header there. Great delivery too. COYB.

Quick Dr, i need to know who you think is going to come up with the last minute, 55 yard, thunderbolt that will send us bottom 3. Petrov? johnson? or Garrido (seeing as he's never scored for you lot before)?