IF the Axe falls...........

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

shearer is a cancer

Which would make you an idiot.

he is, he is the reason the club has remained in the state it is. He as well all know, was a huge reason why bob went, because he kicked up a fuss and spat his dummy out because it was going to be kluivert and bellamy. He cried because bob wanted to sell him to liverpool. He stayed on so he could beat milburns record, no other reason, and further held us back.The man proved this again at an earlier time when he said he wouldnt play for england again if the neil lennon saga wasnt over looked. The fact is, he was a f***** in his career towards the end and is too self centred for his own good, Hes a souness with a good image, fact is, had he been the manager against sporting lisbon, and not souness, he wouldnt have played robert either, because his ego is too big, as far as im concerned, the man is a complete and utter c***, he scored goals and lead the line well, but end of the day, he needs controlling, and making him a manager, doesnt do that!

And what have we being like since hes retired?

If the axe does fall I would be in favour of Ashley selling up to the MyFootballClub site and letting the chips fall where they may.  Maybe set up a reality tv show and finally complete the transformation from serious football club to embarrassing national pantomime.

Let it never be said that Newcastle supporters want instant success.  They want instant success and a manager with Champions League credentials to inexplicably take a giant backwards step in his career and give it to them.  Benitez and Capello have about as much chance of managing Newcastle as I have of dating Angelina Jolie. 

Sack Sam and we'll get Shearer or Keegan at the very best.  If you aren't prepared for that then back Big Sam.

Only one of the options includes the phrase 'proven ability'.

Proven ability means nothing on here if they cant deliver instent success, Talk of Shearer,Lee and Speed super combos  is a joke, why not through in Sir Les, Albert and anyone else that fancys it, We rip the piss out of Lee Clark and Terry Mc getting jobs, how is this any diffrent!?

If the axe does fall I would be in favour of Ashley selling up to the MyFootballClub site and letting the chips fall where they may.  Maybe set up a reality tv show and finally complete the transformation from serious football club to embarrassing national pantomime.

Let it never be said that Newcastle supporters want instant success.  They want instant success and a manager with Champions League credentials to inexplicably take a giant backwards step in his career and give it to them.  Benitez and Capello have about as much chance of managing Newcastle as I have of dating Angelina Jolie. 

Sack Sam and we'll get Shearer or Keegan at the very best.  If you aren't prepared for that then back Big Sam.

We wouldn't get Keegan and I doubt we'll get anybody good enough to emulate what he did here.

Agreed.

Agreed.

:thup:

Agreed.

i also agree

and shearer's time will come, but we really need to support sam quite a while longer!

Agreed.

i also agree

and shearer's time will come, but we really need to support sam quite a while longer!

Why does anyone buy into this farcical notion that Shearer is nailed on to follow BSA, whenever he departs? The only sane reason he would be appointed is if we are staring relegation in the face and need an instant morale boost Roeder style. Otherwise can you really see Mort appointing someone with 0 experience to the job?

Agreed.

i also agree

Why does anyone buy into this farcical notion that Shearer is nailed on to follow BSA, whenever he departs? The only sane reason he would be appointed is if we are staring relegation in the face and need an instant morale boost Roeder style. Otherwise can you really see Mort appointing someone with 0 experience to the job?

i dont think i ever said that shearer will follow sam - just that he will be nufc manager at some point. whether or not it is straight after sam, depends only on how long sam lasts in the job...

"A foreign coach with proven ability yet not in Premier League i.e: Capello"

For the threads sake.

But really, if our only choice was to sack SA for £6-7m and replace him with Shearer, would people really be happy with that?

I for one hope SA gets the rest of the season, my opinion won't change after recent results, there are people who want him to fail, everyone at the club needs to make sure that doesn't happen.

If this form happened this time next season, then i'd be very much in favour of sacking him, but right now, there is no Capello or even a Dechamps waiting to take us over, there is Shearer, and i think right now we've got a better manager in charge and all that will happen with Shearer is an up turn in results, but nothing ever changing, a quick fix. SA needs to be allowed to make the big moves behind the scenes, and complete them, when thats done, Shearer can have a play about, until then, the club is far too unstable for an unproven manager to test himself with, the club is in that shit a state, even worldclass managers will have their work cut out, and most would be in the eyes of the fans, failing just as much as the current man.

You can be sure of one thing - Ashley(and Mort)are far too shrewd to simply fire Allardyce without having a fall-back plan - and that will have included taking advice from the best people in the game they can get hold of...they may even have come to the conclusion that they should hang on until the person they want is available, but if results continue to go badly AFTER Weds, they may have no choice about waiting.

We are not now in the reactive, panic-stricken hands of Shepherd & Co - these guys we have now are serious businessmen and professionals, so I will be surprised if they have not already come to a plan of action after much discussion with people who will know what is happening in the game.

As I have said before, they inherited the situation - as Mick said earlier, had they been in charge earlier, we may not have been running this thread now because they almost certainly would have appointed someone else of their own choosing ; as it is, they are faced with a problem and they have to address it as they see fit...

Ashley being the type of go-getter he undoubtedly is - and with a chance-taking streak which has served him well so far - you cannot rule out the fact that he may be tempted to act sooner rather than later, but I still reckon he & Mort will weigh everything up before doing anything.

If, though, they are NOT convinced by Allardyce, I cannot see him getting serious funds in Jan ...

As for any replacement, it is always a gamble unless someone of the highest calibre as available and wishes to take the job - and THAT is the biggest question of all. Given the choice, I would pick Hiddink who is proven at all levels, great with players, and a supreme organizer, plus he speaks excellent English.

We may drop lucky with Shearer(perhaps in tandem with Houllier & Rob Lee),but there are no guarantees.

Whatever happens, the season is virtually a write-off anyway.

Thomas Schaaf has done wonders at Werder Bremen. Get him and let him bring in Diego..

Michael Laudrup is another interesting manager. He likes his teams to entertain

but laudrup has just started at getafe, and i honestly don't think he has any interest in english football either

as for schaaf - why would he leave a top german club for us (well money i suppose...)

Its all about the foreign coach these days I'm afraid. Not because I think that foreign coaches are a priori better than English ones, but because they get a lot more respect from the players. When you're earning 100k a week and you've got Steve Bruce or Alan Curbishley telling you what to do you're going to think “who is this guy to tell me that”, but luckily most footballers are so limited that when you present them with something they're not used to - like a foreign manager - they reset to some kind of default level of minimum respect. I'd go for someone with a bit of gravitas, that's what we've needed for years.

I would be amazed if anyone fancied coming here. they would have to be  :idiot2:

Potentially becoming the most unattractive job in british football.

Mainly due to Shepherds dreadful choices of manager.

The plummet in the standing of this job is 90% his frault.

By the way - some great Christmas versions of avatars appearing !

Well done Dave & Wullie & Gejon for example !

Surprised #9 hasn't done one similar to:- http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/2870/indexphpfd9.png

Guest iliketoonarmy

Poor assumption

spot on.