Kev

team score and predictions?

i think we will win 2-1

martins (2) and adebayor

given

beye roz taylor enrique

milner emre barton n'zogbia

smith martins

------------------------------------------given--------------------------------------------------

beye----------------taylor-----------------------------rozehnal------------------------enrique

-------------------------------------------butt--------------------------------------------------

----------------------barton---------------------------emre-------------------------------------

martins-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------n'zogbia

------------------------------------------viduka-------------------------------------------------------

subs

harper

cacapa

smith

milner

geremi

There should be no booing at this match, if the post match comments in the Blackburn thread are anything to go by or general consensus from Newcastle fans. We are not expecting to win this game, so there is no need to boo a misplaced pass or over hit cross. With a bit more support from the home crowd we might get a decent result.

Given

Beye Rozehnal Taylor Enrique

Barton Butt N'Zogbia

Smith Martins Milner

1-1 (Martins)

Given

Beye Roz Taylor Enrique

Butt

Barton  Emre

Martins          N Zogbia

Smith

Not sure what injuries Arsenal have but i think we can take a point from the game.

Guest The Libertine

viduka has to play. smith, barton and butt in midfield to knock some heads together and any 4 defenders to cost us the match.

i think we will win 2-1

martins (2) and adebayor

given

beye roz taylor enrique

smith martins

If you think we're as bad as you continue to claim, how on earth can you then seriously say we'll beat Arsenal?

i think we will win 2-1

martins (2) and adebayor

given

beye roz taylor enrique

smith martins

If you think we're as bad as you continue to claim, how on earth can you then seriously say we'll beat Arsenal?

i think our season will start to change over december and arsenal will be the game that kick starts the season

im being very optimistic for this game  :razz:

Howay lads it's not a guaranteed defeat.

I'm not confident, but we're at home and Arsenal have had tough games here in the past, they usually don't like coming up here. Bolton beat Man Utd last week, this is football and these things happen. In a sense we have nothing to lose in this game, everyone is expecting us to get stuffed and sometimes that's when you can spring a surprise. We've just got to hope Arsenal are similarly complacent and Sam gets our lot fired up.

Sam is my biggest concern because he just can't make his mind up on what team or even what formation to play, so it's a safe bet there will be players out of position and players rotated for no apparent reason. I hope he sees this game as an opportunity and gets that mindset drilled into his players. Even a draw in this game would give us the basis to turn things around and he needs to get that message across to his players. If the mood in the camp is "oh no, Arsenal next" then we'll be beaten convincingly, the players need to be looking forward to this game because it does represent a massive opportunity.

A draw would feel like a win right now and with the games that follow it there's a chance to get some points on the board before a horrible set of fixtures awaits us in January.

I really don't know what to expect.

We could play out of our skins and still come away with defeat, or play shit and grab all 3 points - football's really strange game.

I think we'll do it, 2-1 to us to save Sam his job. Hopefully the turnaround starts here.

Without proper centre backs I don't think there's any chance of a result - even with them it would have been hard. We need to attack them with conviction bearing in mind we can't allow too much pressure onto makeshift CB's. The four games after Arsenal are the ones we will need to get results from.

Having played them yesterday, it is more obvious than ever that if you give Arsenal space, they will slaughter you. For 35 minutes of the first half yesterday, this is what happened to us. Probably the best spell of passing I've seen at VP in over a decade.

However, second half we started closing them down and playing our own passing game, and the difference was amazing. I think we had over 60 percent possession in the second half.

That's the way to do it, get in their faces, get Barton crunching tackles in, tell Smith to be a nasty cunt - they won't really know how to reply to it, and it gives you time to play your own game.

That is, obv, a gross simplification, and although we did the above we still got beaten, but they're a very good side indeed.