Newcastle United 1 - 1 Arsenal - 05/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

Dave

Guest optimistic nit

Good result, shows how decent we can be if we've got players in the correct positions.

But I guess it's still Big Sam out and Shearer in for some people. :o

not really. zog was at left back, milner right mid, smith cm after viduka came on and we had no right winger for the full 90. still we battered the fuck out of the cheating diving bastards.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Good result, cracking performance. Every player was looking to chase balls down and pressurise Arsenal. Cannot grumble about that in any way, shape or form!! Well done lads!

Smith MoM in my opinion!

Good result, shows how decent we can be if we've got players in the correct positions.

But I guess it's still Big Sam out and Shearer in for some people. :o

not really. zog was at left back, milner right mid, smith cm after viduka came on and we had no right winger for the full 90. still we battered the f*** out of the cheating diving bastards.

I know, imagine what we'd do with a better formation. Good performance though. Enjoyable game to watch.

Can I see light at the end of the tunnel?

This and Blackburn have been huge steps forward.

giant leaps.

hopefully the press are off our backs now and we can get on with it.

great performance tonight, smith m.o.m for me

We were fucking immense today, tbh. Best performance from us I've seen in a long time. Perfect tactics from Sam against Arsenal, perfect formation and spot on on team selection today.

Smith was a beast up front, doesn't pose much of a threat when we're on the ball, but he keeps winning headers and puts great pressure on the defence. MotM for me

Beye had a great game too, as did Milner and to a slightly less extent Taylor.

Guest optimistic nit

i think bringing viduka on was a mistake. he's a good striker, but smith was doing really well up front with martins. emre should have been given a bit imo, and maybe we should have put enrique on for 15 and given zog time at LW. very good defensive performance second half. arsenal created fuck all apart from counters when we were going for it. even taylor and rozy did well. brilliant finish for the goal.

Smith was just awesome. He was winning balls regularly against two centre backs who are normally dominant in the air.

The formation would work a whole lot better if we could replace Martins with a player with any kind of ball control.

The commentators seemed to be talking about the game that they were expecting to see, not the one out there tonight.

Well done lads.

i think bringing viduka on was a mistake. he's a good striker, but smith was doing really well up front with martins. emre should have been given a bit imo, and maybe we should have put enrique on for 15 and given zog time at LW. very good defensive performance second half. arsenal created fuck all apart from counters when we were going for it. even taylor and rozy did well. brilliant finish for the goal.

agree, arsenal pushed up as soon as viduka came on. smith rattled them.