Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Heneage

Indeed fact he's "so old" means we are less likely to receive mouth watering bids for him... Really hope he stays.

This is like when Juve went down: all Del Piero, Buffon and Nedved stayed... yeap pretty much exactly the same thing :coolsmiley:

I'm still a bit lost why we can't do a Juve and just keep the quality and bounce back.

What quality?

Juve were forced to be relegated. They came 2nd or whatever in that season so they had a fuckin title contending team. They could command their players to stay because they were going to be promoted right away, no matter what. We are not doing a Juve because we are s***.

We've got a bunch of s**** and have deserved relegation so personally, I'd like it if I never saw half of the first team in a black and white shirt ever again.

Let most go keep a solid core building on that.

Are you on glue!? 95% of our squad is s****. I'd keep Beye, Krul, Forster, Bassong, Saylor, Enrique, Guthrie, Ranger, Carroll, and the kids like Vuckic, Tozer, Kadar et al. The rest can f*** off and die. Father Ameobi can do the services for them all. Been so disappointed with Harper's form since Given left.

I love Habib Beye more and more every day.

He should 30000% be captain next season

You do realise you contradict yourself in that post ? Put down the pritt stick Nobby lad!

Bear in mind that it wasn't entirely the players fault that we went down. We do have a few solid players who could easily play in a top 6 team, and we must try to keep them no matter what it takes. If we let 90% of our squad go in this window we will be stuck in the CC league (or worse) for a very, very long time.

Bear in mind that it wasn't entirely the players fault that we went down. We do have a few solid players who could easily play in a top 6 team, and we must try to keep them no matter what it takes. If we let 90% of our squad go in this window we will be stuck in the CC league (or worse) for a very, very long time.

I'd argue that this mentality is even more dangerous.  An owner and a manager can only f*** you up so badly.  Lots of teams have had bad owners and average coaching.  We were let down very, very badly by our players.  We are well overdue a clear out - we've earned one on the basis of this past season. 

Keep a few senior professionals Shearer trusts and can work with, Steven Taylor, hopefully Bassong or Enrique if we can manage it (stability is important in defence) and then gut the rest of the squad.  Promote young, hungry players and get some pace back in the team.  Get a team that can counterattack like Sir Bobby's old sides used to.  But most of all use the new faces to get some team spirit back in the side.  I don't ever want to see a team as careless, exhausted and lifeless as we were in that last 45 minutes against Villa.  There is simply no excuse. 

I'd argue that this mentality is even more dangerous.  An owner and a manager can only f*** you up so badly.  Lots of teams have had bad owners and average coaching.  We were let down very, very badly by our players.  We are well overdue a clear out - we've earned one on the basis of this past season. 

Keep a few senior professionals Shearer trusts and can work with, Steven Taylor, hopefully Bassong or Enrique if we can manage it (stability is important in defence) and then gut the rest of the squad.  Promote young, hungry players and get some pace back in the team.  Get a team that can counterattack like Sir Bobby's old sides used to.  But most of all use the new faces to get some team spirit back in the side.  I don't ever want to see a team as careless, exhausted and lifeless as we were in that last 45 minutes against Villa.  There is simply no excuse. 

Yep.

It wasn't entirely the players fault - but they have to shoulder a large part of the responsibility for it.

It would be alright if they were putting the effort in week in, week out. but the fact is they weren't. They were too happy just to be 'injured' or go out and not even try. Those are the kind of players we don't need at Newcastle United.

Of course, the players aren't responsible for what went on behind the scenes, and its' not their fault that we didn't have any cover in the full back areas, and that our midfield was lacking creativity.

Agree with this, it's time to give this team a giant bowel flush to rid of all the shit players and get some young and hungry players, who actually give fuck.

Guest justin99.

so the guy says he sad about newcastle being relegated and is willing to continue playing next season  and now everyone's singing his praises.

what a load of bollocks.

ship him out with the rest of the money grabbing no-hopers.

so the guy says he sad about newcastle being relegated and is willing to continue playing next season  and now everyone's singing his praises.

what a load of bollocks.

WTF is wrong with you?

Guest habibbeye

Thanks for all the messages guys. Hopefully Newcastle can get promoted next year. I'm on holiday now but looking forward to the big challenge. Please support the club!

Thanks for all the messages guys. Hopefully Newcastle can get promoted next year. I'm on holiday now but looking forward to the big challenge. Please support the club!

No problem Gary.

No problem Gary.

:lol:

what a load of bollocks.

Funny how you can answer yourself sometimes.

I know its not the most reliable of sources but im "mates" with Jonas on facebook, it looks genuine enough, loads of other players are his mates etc (although its probably not and he's the only player I actually have as one) BUT

" i am really sorry to all the fans, i hope i am giving to chance to help get us back up where this club belongs".

:p

take it with a pinch of salt though :p

Habib Beye praised for battling through injury

May 29 2009 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Add a comment

Recommend

Habib Beye

ALAN SHEARER has revealed that Habib Beye went beyond the call of duty to aid Newcastle United’s failed bid to beat relegation.

The United boss has spoken of his admiration for the Senegal international after his bravery in Newcastle’s penultimate home game with Fulham.

That day, Beye picked up a hamstring injury but gritted his teeth and played through the pain barrier.

And while that was to no avail for the relegated Mags, Beye’s commitment was not lost on Shearer.

As a result, Shearer put Beye’s name at the top of his retain list, and representatives of the African will sit down with Big Al once his own contract talks are complete.

Shearer also revealed that Beye was gutted to miss out on the ill-fated final-day clash with Aston Villa.

He told the Chronicle: “He was devastated.

“Habib is a top professional, a top lad, but it was just not possible for him to play.

“He pulled his hamstring with half an hour to go against Fulham, but because of his situation, he carried on because he cares.

“People would have seen he was struggling, but that’s the way he is.”

United and Beye were also wary of causing further injury by playing him at Villa in the 1-0 defeat. That meant he cut a desperate figure in the stands alongside banned team-mate Sebastien Bassong, who was suspended due to his red card against the Cottagers.

Beye actually spent last week in Germany trying to find a solution to his hamstring problem by working with the medical staff at Bayern Munich.

However, all of it failed to pay off and Beye was forced to sit it out at Villa and helplessly watch United sink into the Championship.

Shearer added: “He tried everything to get fit, and he was more disappointed than anyone that he didn’t make it.”

:smitten:

Is it just me who finds it strange that at this point Shearer would just ring up (or be called by) the Chronicle and start talking about Beye's injury?

I was thinking about that too...

Is it just me who finds it strange that at this point Shearer would just ring up (or be called by) the Chronicle and start talking about Beye's injury?

Thought that myself, unless they had the interviewfor  a while and have been sitting on it. 

Thought that myself, unless they had the interviewfor  a while and have been sitting on it

:thup:

Filling column space.

Thought that myself, unless they had the interviewfor  a while and have been sitting on it

:thup:

Filling column space.

Indeed

what a load of bollocks.

Dave man, as soon as Gary sits down he is going to break your legs..

If this club lets Habib go then they are not serious about comign straight back up, he should be offered the armband but only if he is willing to end his international career, we cannot have a Captain going away mid season.