Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest optimistic nit

if him and bassong decide to stay, taylor as well im sure, we'll have some backline next year. imagine being able to keep enrique as well.

Delighted with this.

Top class full back. Top class guy. It's obvious Shearer likes him, can anyone remember when Shearer was marked out of the two legs V Marsielle in the semi final oif the Uefa cup? It was Habib Beye who had shearer tucked away nicely in his top pocket.

Cracking premiership player never mind championship.

What a man.

If Ashley and Llambias make a mess of the Shearer discussions and fail to appoint him as permanent manager, something I fully expect to happen, then he could still be off though.

Great news though, if he's here next year he's the captain for sure.

if him and bassong decide to stay, taylor as well im sure, we'll have some backline next year. imagine being able to keep enrique as well.

enrique has been well underrated this season. When fit he has been really good. You saw against villa how he used his strength to get betwwen a villa man and the ball a number of times, before managing to spin away. Really impressive after a poor first season and an injury hit 2nd

Guest optimistic nit

enrique has been well underrated this season. When fit he has been really good. You saw against villa how he used his strength to get betwwen a villa man and the ball a number of times, before managing to spin away. Really impressive after a poor first season and an injury hit 2nd

and the only time we even looked slightly like giving friedel something to do after we went 1-0 down was the enrique cross that better strikers than Owen orr Shola would have got on the end of.

Is there a African Nations in 2010?

Yes, stupid tournament is every two years.

Somewhere, an alarm just went off in Babatunde's head.

I would have no problem with it if it was held every 3 or 4 years like all other major international continental competitions.

I just fucking adore this man tbh. If he does end up leaving, for whatever reason - i'll be absolutely mortified, and i don't think i can say that for any other member of the squad.

Daft thing is, it's not as if he's just a good player committing himself to the cause. He is a quality player committing himself. He's been in and out of the side with injuries and not looked as good as his first season, but regardless - the skills that he has will absolutely piss the Coca Cola league.

Yes

But this time, with Shearer hopfully at the helm, surely we will start the season with more than one capable player in each of the full back positions (NOT Ryan Taylor).

Good news this (as long as Ashley doesn't sell) as he is one of about four of the present first team I'd keep.

Yes

But this time, with Shearer hopfully at the helm, surely we will start the season with more than one capable player in each of the full back positions (NOT Ryan Taylor).

Good news this (as long as Ashley doesn't sell) as he is one of about four of the present first team I'd keep.

Ryan Taylor is more than adequate in the Championship.