Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is there a African Nations in 2010?

Yes

But this time, with Shearer hopfully at the helm, surely we will start the season with more than one capable player in each of the full back positions (NOT Ryan Taylor).

Good news this (as long as Ashley doesn't sell) as he is one of about four of the present first team I'd keep.

Ryan Taylor is more than adequate in the Championship.

He frightens me more than Titus ever did to be honest - he'll still make the same mistakes in the lower leagues but won't be punished as much.

Guest prestonj1989

Yes

But this time, with Shearer hopfully at the helm, surely we will start the season with more than one capable player in each of the full back positions (NOT Ryan Taylor).

Good news this (as long as Ashley doesn't sell) as he is one of about four of the present first team I'd keep.

Not sure he is tbh. On the basis of what I have seen of him this season I wouldnt want to rely on him every week in the Championship

Yes

Not sure he is tbh. On the basis of what I have seen of him this season I wouldnt want to rely on him every week in the Championship

He'd be a squad player.

Versatile, handy option off the bench.

He's done very well in there before, no reason he wont again.

But lets sign Franck Ribery eh?

Its thinking like that, that seen us relegated, Ryan Taylor is shite no matter what league he is in, if we can sell him quick before the rest of the footballing world realise this then great.

Yes

The simple fact is that few of us watch the Championship regularly, and none of us have seen Ryan Taylor actually play there. He could be useful, he could be shit.

Based on the fact that Stephen fucking Carr was the best right back in the division this year, I'm inclined towards the former.

Its thinking like that, that seen us relegated, Ryan Taylor is s**** no matter what league he is in, if we can sell him quick before the rest of the footballing world realise this then great.

Spot on.  Hopefully Burnley will want him

Yes

The simple fact is that few of us watch the Championship regularly, and none of us have seen Ryan Taylor actually play there. He could be useful, he could be shit.

Based on the fact that Stephen fucking Carr was the best right back in the division this year, I'm inclined towards the former.

I've seen him play in the Championship. He was good.

We don't really have many options, he'll be a good squad player.

Guest prestonj1989

Its thinking like that, that seen us relegated, Ryan Taylor is s**** no matter what league he is in, if we can sell him quick before the rest of the footballing world realise this then great.

:clap:. Spot on

Guest Magpiecn

I'm excited to hear this news.We will absolutely need such great player to leave.I hope his loyal can affect others like Bassong to stay.

I don't think I've ever been so ashamed of a Newcastle squad than I was on Sunday, and I've seen some bad teams, but the honourable exception is Habib Beye. Class on and off the pitch he's everything I want as a representative of our football club. If Shearer is a great figurehead as the manager, Habib is that figurehead from the players. Brilliant news if he stays.

I don't think people should get their hopes up like. Sorry for being realistic though.

True it can all change but he's said he wants to stay.  Can't ask for a much more realistic reason to get ones hopes up about him staying than that. 

I don't think people should get their hopes up like. Sorry for being realistic though.

True it can all change but he's said he wants to stay.  Can't ask for a much more realistic reason to get ones hopes up about him staying than that. 

I think Shearer will demand that Habib stays as part of the deal in taking over, otherwise Ashley would sell like a shot with only a year left on his contract.

Guest Magpiecn

Good on him for saying the right things but surely everyone must realise that he'll be sold if a decent bid comes in for him???

Of course,it could happen to everyone,including S.Taylor.But its still nice to know that he has the heart to the club.

Good on him for saying the right things but surely everyone must realise that he'll be sold if a decent bid comes in for him???

Of course,it could happen to everyone,including S.Taylor.But its still nice to know that he has the heart to the club.

:smitten: