Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm at a loss as to why anyone wants our best player to put a transfer request in.

I said if he wants to leave, he should put a transfer request in. Personally, I hope he stays because I think he'd be the best full-back in the league but if he doesn't want to be here....

He's made it pretty clear he wants to stay imo. He just wants things sorted, same as the rest of us. That won't happen and he'll be forced to walk away - that does not make him a cunt, greedy or any of the other disgraceful things he's been called over the last week.

It all simply comes back to the fat slug at the helm.

I thought he confirmed he wanted to leave, hence the thread title?  ???

We all want things sorting out but he's under contract to the club whereas we aren't. He's got a choice - he can either knuckle down and do what he's being paid handsomely to do or he can leave. I'm just saying that if it' the latter, he needs to do things properly. I've already said I want him to stay but I wouldn't want him to stay if he's going to twist on all the time. He's either part of the problem or part of the solution.  

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting."

"This cannot go on, it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

What he wants and what he might have to do are clearly two different things. Like JJ says, why would he put a transfer request in when Shearer might take over next week and he gets what he wants?

The fact is that if we're only going to have players on the books who want to be at Mike Ashley's Newcastle United and feel their career can progress here then we're looking at two sets of players - the wastes of oxygen we've already got on massive wedge and utterly desperate shite from divisions lower than the Championship.

I'd rather Beye was unhappy than not with the way things are going. I don't give two fucks if he's getting involved in fights on the pitch - I'm just living in hope that he's keeping in practice for the next time he sees Mike Ashley.

So he wants to stay but he has to get away? That's my point. He's got a choice - he's either with us or he wants away. He needs to make a decision as he can't have it both ways.

I'm at a loss as to why anyone wants our best player to put a transfer request in.

I said if he wants to leave, he should put a transfer request in. Personally, I hope he stays because I think he'd be the best full-back in the league but if he doesn't want to be here....

He's made it pretty clear he wants to stay imo. He just wants things sorted, same as the rest of us. That won't happen and he'll be forced to walk away - that does not make him a c***, greedy or any of the other disgraceful things he's been called over the last week.

It all simply comes back to the fat slug at the helm.

I thought he confirmed he wanted to leave, hence the thread title?  ???

We all want things sorting out but he's under contract to the club whereas we aren't. He's got a choice - he can either knuckle down and do what he's being paid handsomely to do or he can leave. I'm just saying that if it' the latter, he needs to do things properly. I've already said I want him to stay but I wouldn't want him to stay if he's going to twist on all the time. He's either part of the problem or part of the solution.  

"I'd like nothing more than to stay and help the team get back to where it belongs but there is no chance of us being promoted the way things are going.

"Training has been good and no one is slacking or taking it easy. But there is a sense that everything is just drifting."

"This cannot go on, it really can't. I feel for the good of my career I have to get away because it is dragging me down."

What he wants and what he might have to do are clearly two different things. Like JJ says, why would he put a transfer request in when Shearer might take over next week and he gets what he wants?

The fact is that if we're only going to have players on the books who want to be at Mike Ashley's Newcastle United and feel their career can progress here then we're looking at two sets of players - the wastes of oxygen we've already got on massive wedge and utterly desperate s**** from divisions lower than the Championship.

I'd rather Beye was unhappy than not with the way things are going. I don't give two f***s if he's getting involved in fights on the pitch - I'm just living in hope that he's keeping in practice for the next time he sees Mike Ashley.

So he wants to stay but he has to get away? That's my point. He's got a choice - he's either with us or he wants away. He needs to make a decision as he can't have it both ways.

He doesnt have to make a decision atall, YET! Any player would be stupid to commit their future to the club at the moment.

Guest Roger Kint

At least quote the full sentence, those first 7 words are clearly important to the context

At least quote the full sentence, those first 7 words are clearly important to the context

I did quote it. I just highlighted the part where he said he had to get away from the club...which directly contradicted his first sentence.  ???

Guest Roger Kint

I did quote it. I just highlighted the part where he said he had to get away from the club...which directly contradicted his first sentence.  ???

You highlighted a bit that looks bad when done so, the full sentence clearly states AS THINGS STAND......which anyone can see is a fair thing to say. Would you stay if you were him? He is clearly saying he will only go if this cant be resolved not that he wants to.

You highlighted a bit that looks bad when done so, the full sentence clearly states AS THINGS STAND......which anyone can see is a fair thing to say. Would you stay if you were him? He is clearly saying he will only go if this cant be resolved not that he wants to.

I'd keep my trap shut and I'd continue to do what I was being paid to do whilst things are still in limbo. I wouldn't go running to the Sun with an EXCLUSIVE interview either. If I wasn't happy with how things were developing behind the scenes I'd hand a transfer request in. 

Guest Roger Kint

I'd keep my trap shut and I'd continue to do what I was being paid to do whilst things are still in limbo. I wouldn't go running to the Sun with an EXCLUSIVE interview either. If I wasn't happy with how things were developing behind the scenes I'd hand a transfer request in. 

Are you for real? He wants the CLUBS position sorted. Where is the bad in that?

We all want the club's position sorted tbh. I'm just saying that while he's here he should shut up and do his job and, if he doesn't want to be here, then ask for a transfer and go. Nothing more. 

I don't see why he should shut up. I would be more worried if the players said nothing. Players at all clubs speak to the media.

Totally disagree. I suppose I'm probably a bit old-fashioned in that I'd much prefer to keep things like that behind closed doors and away from the red-tops. Wash dirty linen in private and all that.  ???

Never mind.

We all want the club's position sorted tbh. I'm just saying that while he's here he should shut up and do his job and, if he doesn't want to be here, then ask for a transfer and go. Nothing more. 

He's putting pressure on Mike Ashley and I for one don't mind that. The only thing I don't like about these interviews that our players are giving is their lack of action in going and knocking on Ashley's door to demand him sorting this fuck out.

He's putting pressure on Mike Ashley and I for one don't mind that. The only thing I don't like about these interviews that our players are giving is their lack of action in going and knocking on Ashley's door to demand him sorting this fuck out.

As much as I understand his frustration I don't think it's his responsibility to publically put pressure on Ashley. I just expect players to stick to playing for the club and let the hierarchy to sort that stuff out.

We all know Ashley's a knacker and couldn't find his arse with both hands. I also expect him to continue to bollocks things up but I expected better from Beye. 

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/07/23/nufc-defender-habib-beye-hurt-in-terriers-scuffle-72703-24222466/2/

Meanwhile, unsettled Beye could find respite at Fratton Park, with the former Marseille captain wanted by Paul Hart’s Portsmouth.

The Chronicle understands that Pompey joined the hunt for Beye after tycoon Sulaiman Al Fahim’s takeover of the Fratton Park side was completed this week.

And the chances of the African star turning down the move are unlikely, with the defender in contract limbo.

Pompey boss Hart has warned fans on the south coast that big-money moves will be out of the question.

But with Beye rated at £2m, the Senegalese international fits the bill for the former Nottingham Forest manager who is aiming to bolster his squad after fending off relegation last season.

Beye had spoken with Alan Shearer last season about extending his stay on Tyneside and finishing his career at St James’s Park by signing a new contract.

However, to the 31-year-old’s dismay, Shearer hasn’t been appointed and due to United being put up for sale, talks on the defender’s contract have stalled, leaving him a free agent at the end of the coming season.

Beye has now publicly declared his wish to leave Toon and is hot favourite to be the first United player sold this summer.

And although the uncertainty at St James’s has left Beye’s future up in the air, Greek giants Panathinaikos and Pompey are in the chase to sign the experienced and committed defender.

First exit predicted:

Beye watched

Various newspapers have now credited Portsmouth with an interest in Newcastle United full back Habib Beye, to replace the departed Glen Johnson at Fratton Park.

However it's understood that Pompey aren't favourites to sign the Senegal international, with Hull City having made strenuous efforts in that direction over recent days. 

From NUFC.com

Jesus.

First exit predicted:

Beye watched

Various newspapers have now credited Portsmouth with an interest in Newcastle United full back Habib Beye, to replace the departed Glen Johnson at Fratton Park.

However it's understood that Pompey aren't favourites to sign the Senegal international, with Hull City having made strenuous efforts in that direction over recent days. 

From NUFC.com

Jesus.

If he signs for that orange cunt, I'll slit my wrists.

They're talking as if the club have no say in things, dickheads.

We'll see what the club have to say on these players if the sale falls through. If I had to bet on whether Ashley will maintain the strength of the squad or whether he will sell any player he can get cash for I know which one I'd put money on.

Guest Roger Kint

We'll see what the club have to say on these players if the sale falls through. If I had to bet on whether Ashley will maintain the strength of the squad or whether he will sell any player he can get cash for I know which one I'd put money on.

Its easy to say that but as our wagebill is still obscene and totally unmanagable without huge amounts pumped in the club wont survive with the current squad. Its time for some to stop crying over 'asset stripping' and realise its essential. The obvious problem is that fat fucktard wont replace them :angry:

Its easy to say that but as our wagebill is still obscene and totally unmanagable without huge amounts pumped in the club wont survive with the current squad. Its time for some to stop crying over 'asset stripping' and realise its essential. The obvious problem is that fat fucktard wont replace them :angry:

That's essentially what I am saying; that he won't maintain the strength of the squad. I don't have any problem with selling players or moving them on as long as we bring in the right replacements...which clearly won't happen. So I'd rather stick with what we've got thanks and hope we can get back up.

Guest Roger Kint

That's essentially what I am saying; that he won't maintain the strength of the squad. I don't have any problem with selling players or moving them on as long as we bring in the right replacements...which clearly won't happen. So I'd rather stick with what we've got thanks and hope we can get back up.

I agree but sticking with what we have got isnt possible unless Ashley subsidises us for another £30m or so. Thats never going to happen.