Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest optimistic nit

he actually looked a bit dodgy during the first few games. looks brilliant now lyke. really would like to see beye cacapa feye enrique given 15 games together with given in goal. could be a f****** beast if we take the best bits we've seen from each.

This...but swap Taylor with Capaca

except cacapa is twice the defender taylor is, and would complement faye excellently imo.

I disagree tbh the only thing Capaca has on Taylor is experience but not in the pl!Taylors very rarely let us down and is the future of the club!Anyways out of the 3 of them at least 1 will be injured most of the time! :-[

cacapa captained lyon for 6 years, winning 6 leagues. your move.

Yeah thats true and a good point but a huge difference between the french league and the pl!Thought Taylor was outstanding tonight!I love the way he plays with such passion and hes good for an odd goal as well!

taylor was very good tonight, but he'll just as easily have a stinker and either get sent off or do something shit and cost us a goal.  cacapa is also the better defender.

he actually looked a bit dodgy during the first few games. looks brilliant now lyke. really would like to see beye cacapa feye enrique given 15 games together with given in goal. could be a f****** beast if we take the best bits we've seen from each.

except cacapa is twice the defender taylor is, and would complement faye excellently imo.

I disagree tbh the only thing Capaca has on Taylor is experience but not in the pl!Taylors very rarely let us down and is the future of the club!Anyways out of the 3 of them at least 1 will be injured most of the time! :-[

Yeah thats true and a good point but a huge difference between the french league and the pl!Thought Taylor was outstanding tonight!I love the way he plays with such passion and hes good for an odd goal as well!

taylor was very good tonight, but he'll just as easily have a stinker and either get sent off or do something shit and cost us a goal.  cacapa is also the better defender.

I know which one of them is ahead in the having a stinker, costing us goals count so far this season, and he also has 6 french league titles in 6 years

Guest optimistic nit

I know which one of them is ahead in the having a stinker, costing us goals count so far this season, and he also has 6 french league titles in 6 years

that was 1 game when he had a stinker (or more precisely 11 minutes), and has been pretty good in every other game. taylor has been really shit at times, and good at others. faye has a lot of prem experience, i'd start cacapa with faye, because they are our best 2 defenders, and complement each other well imo.

that was 1 game when he had a stinker (or more precisely 11 minutes), and has been pretty good in every other game. taylor has been really shit at times, and good at others. faye has a lot of prem experience, i'd start cacapa with faye, because they are our best 2 defenders, and complement each other well imo.

cacapa was abysmal at Derby as well like

Guest optimistic nit

rozental was worse. cacapa and rozental is a terrible partnership anyway, i'd prefer taylor and roz like tonight, but cacapa and feye would be best.

Imagine if he had joined under Souness, Roeder or even Shearer. He'd be on the scrap heap now - another highly rated player who has come here to flop for the money.

You base this on what, exactly? His stint on the MotD couch?

Guest optimistic nit

Imagine if he had joined under Souness, Roeder or even Shearer. He'd be on the scrap heap now - another highly rated player who has come here to flop for the money.

You base this on what, exactly? His stint on the MotD couch?

james is a 21st century prophet tbh. cast no doubt about what hath been said, or you shall be cast smitten along the wayside by the knowlage and predictive powers of taylor 27. never mind what has come to pass, the present and what will come to pass, taylor 27 can see the outcomes of events that would never have come to pass, and use them to back up his conclusions.

Guest toonlass

All I need to think is Beye or Carr? Beye or Carr? Beye or Carr? Come on Beye is the best right sided defender that we have had at the club for years. Nobby was good at right back last year but only cos no-one else could play there. I would pick Beye over Steven Carr any day. The lad looks class, as for Cacapa, 6 titles don't lie do they?

taylor was very good tonight, but he'll just as easily have a stinker and either get sent off or do something s*** and cost us a goal.  cacapa is also the better defender.

I can remind you of several stinkers Taylor has had this season tbh And the odd goal we have conceded directly as a result of him. Including one ludicrous header that put Cacapa in the shit against Portsmouth. Cacapa is better. Taylor played well enough tonight. However, he hasnt put in anywhere near the level of performance Cacapa has this season for us during his entire career.

In short, your post is short sighted and inaccurate. :razz:

All I need to think is Beye or Carr? Beye or Carr? Beye or Carr? Come on Beye is the best right sided defender that we have had at the club for years. Nobby was good at right back last year but only cos no-one else could play there. I would pick Beye over Steven Carr any day. The lad looks class, as for Cacapa, 6 titles don't lie do they?

I agree the best for ages.

taylor was very good tonight, but he'll just as easily have a stinker and either get sent off or do something s*** and cost us a goal.  cacapa is also the better defender.

I can remind you of several stinkers Taylor has had this season tbh And the odd goal we have conceded directly as a result of him. Including one ludicrous header that put Cacapa in the s*** against Portsmouth. Cacapa is better. Taylor played well enough tonight. However, he hasnt put in anywhere near the level of performance Cacapa has this season for us during his entire career.

Taylor still has alot to learn, he looked good on the whole and I was delighted he got us the goal. But he still make stupid errors of judgement that cost us points.

Obstructing Adebeyor at the death is a good example that he could have easily been punished for and possibly leaving us in the shit.

Cacapa still needs to settle in, but his brain isnt prone to those kind of rookie mistakes, Taylor can sit tight, fill the gaps and learn from those around him, he will soon grow out of it.

It doesnt help having years playing round the shit he has been.

I thought this thread was meant to be a nice positive thread about Habib Beye and how brilliant he is?

I love Beye..... :smitten:

Agreed

Someone feeling a bit Beye-sexual?

Was gutted when it looked like we missed him early in the summer, but delighted we got him in the end, he is a beast and will be great the more he plays in the premiership.

Likewise with Cacapa, although he is winding down. I think Rozehnal will also work out, but he is too lightweight at the moment and hasnt settled immediately, its hardly suprising we have been at sixes and sevens so much, with such a lack of premiership experience amongst our back four.

All the chopping and changing hasnt helped either, its just a shame our previous  defence needed so much axing the new guys havent had the proper time to settle.

rozental was worse. cacapa and rozental is a terrible partnership anyway, i'd prefer taylor and roz like tonight, but cacapa and feye would be best.

The thing is, is that Taylor and Roz started brillliantly together, really complemented each other well but the partnership got brokn up when Taylor made a mistake, Allardyce sort of condemend him in the media 'constructively' and Roz hasnt looked the same since. I actually thought that Roz and Tayl have looked the best partnership so far, Faye andCacapa individually are very good but as a partner i dont think they've gelled as well as Roz and Tayl did. Does anyone have the partnership stats, i can imiagine that Roz and Tayl have conceeded far less then Cacapa Faye.

Guest nufc_geordie

I can remind you of several stinkers Taylor has had this season tbh And the odd goal we have conceded directly as a result of him. Including one ludicrous header that put Cacapa in the s*** against Portsmouth. Cacapa is better. Taylor played well enough tonight. However, he hasnt put in anywhere near the level of performance Cacapa has this season for us during his entire career.

Taylor still has alot to learn, he looked good on the whole and I was delighted he got us the goal. But he still make stupid errors of judgement that cost us points.

Obstructing Adebeyor at the death is a good example that he could have easily been punished for and possibly leaving us in the s***.

Cacapa still needs to settle in, but his brain isnt prone to those kind of rookie mistakes, Taylor can sit tight, fill the gaps and learn from those around him, he will soon grow out of it.

It doesnt help having years playing round the s*** he has been.

So what would you have Taylor do? Let Adebayor run past him and score in the last minute- f*cking muppet. That was excellent defending. He had a standing start, Adebayor burst through, Taylor took him out or Adebayor would have had a goalscoring opportunity. That shows maturity to me, taking one for the cause. If Adebayor had have scored half the people on here would be slating him.

Guest ToonGeneral

Obstructing Adebeyor at the death is a good example that he could have easily been punished for and possibly leaving us in the s***.

It doesnt help having years playing round the s*** he has been.

So what would you have Taylor do? Let Adebayor run past him and score in the last minute- f*cking muppet. That was excellent defending. He had a standing start, Adebayor burst through, Taylor took him out or Adebayor would have had a goalscoring opportunity. That shows maturity to me, taking one for the cause. If Adebayor had have scored half the people on here would be slating him.

Agree 100%

To be fair to Cacapa, Rozenhal and Beye, it is far too early to judge any of them and they will all be settlingin for at least this season. I expect all of them to improve and it's very difficult to adapt to a new league in a struggling side/defence as they are all having to do. The same goes for Enrique. I know some of them are young and some are experienced but none of them are experienced in the Premier League. Once Allardyce gets his squad strengthened further they may even play in different roles, i.e. Rozenhal as a defensive midfielder and Beye as a centre-back. Also, it was good to see Taylor playing well. I've often been a vocal critic of his but, while I appreciate one game means little in the grand scheme of things, I'd love him to prove me wrong.