Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest Stephen927

Had a great first season. Wish he was 5 years younger. :(

maybe he could be like a cafu / maldini and play on for a long while just yet :)

He's in great shape to be able to. Hopefully we'll have signed Alves by the time Beyes 31, so no need to worry ;)

Seems to have that Speed/Shearer mentality about him, ie a truly dedicated professional, and hes very slim whilst still being athletic, so could be around for a long while yet. Dont think hes had any major injury problems either, which is one of the main factors in some players sliding badly one they near or go past the 30-32 mark.

Seems to have that Speed/Shearer mentality about him, ie a truly dedicated professional, and hes very slim whilst still being athletic, so could be around for a long while yet. Dont think hes had any major injury problems either, which is one of the main factors in some players sliding badly one they near or go past the 30-32 mark.

(read Owen) 25-26

Frustrating as fuck conversation at work today:

Him: You lot will need to buy a whole defence again this summer

Me: We definitely need to add to it but we don't need an entire defence

Him: You do, you lot are fucking shit

Me: Who told you that, the media? Faye is a decent defender, when Enrique finally started getting a run he looked a good young defender and Beye was class for us.

Him: Ha ha Beye is shit

Me: You are talking bollocks, he was a quality player for us. Best player of the season by a mile

Him: Not hard is it? He was shit, always making mistakes (then went on to call him a little rat or something)

Me: Little? He is about 6ft, you don't even know who he is do you? What are all these mistakes btw? You are talking a load of shit probably based on what you have read in the sun.

Him: Oh, I don't care how big he is, he is shit.

Me: Righto pal.

Fucking hate people who form their opinions on the shite they read in these comics passed off as newspapers!

He is also one of these "I heard" people, when you ask where they "heard" it from its either one of the shite tabloids or the BBC gossip section. Can't fucking stand people who "hear" these things :lol:

Frustrating as fuck conversation at work today:

Him: You lot will need to buy a whole defence again this summer

Me: We definitely need to add to it but we don't need an entire defence

Him: You do, you lot are fucking shit

Me: Who told you that, the media? Faye is a decent defender, when Enrique finally started getting a run he looked a good young defender and Beye was class for us.

Him: Ha ha Beye is shit

Me: You are talking bollocks, he was a quality player for us. Best player of the season by a mile

Him: Not hard is it? He was shit, always making mistakes (then went on to call him a little rat or something)

Me: Little? He is about 6ft, you don't even know who he is do you? What are all these mistakes btw? You are talking a load of shit probably based on what you have read in the sun.

Him: Oh, I don't care how big he is, he is shit.

Me: Righto pal.

Fucking hate people who form their opinions on the shite they read in these comics passed off as newspapers!

You mean like you do about Milner? ;)

I had a bunch of Cockneys (Arsenal/Liverpool fans) at Uni telling me Beye was shit and that Taylor was our best defender on the last day.

They hadn't heard of Faye or Enrique...

You have to laugh.

I had a bunch of Cockneys (Arsenal/Liverpool fans) at Uni telling me Beye was shit and that Taylor was our best defender on the last day.

You have to laugh.

:lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/06/05/beye-targets-top-six-spot-72703-21027400/

Beye targets top-six spot

Jun 5 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

Habib Beye

HABIB BEYE is refusing to think about anything other than a top-six finish next season with Newcastle United.

The Senegal international has been rested by his country over the summer, with the Lions of Teranga mid-way through their World Cup qualifying campaign this summer.

And that can only be good news for United who see Beye as a key player next season after a superb grounding in the Premier League.

Now, though, Beye is aiming high for the new term.

He said today: “I think we can finish in the top six.

“We need to keep working all of the time to close this gap.

“I still think we can get in the UEFA Cup – or better.

“We need to think positively as a team.

“We need to have the same mentality as the clubs going into the Champions League – we need to be ambitious.

“But I think anywhere in the top six would be a good season for us next year.”

United, of course, finished the season on a sour note with two defeats from their last two games against Everton and Chelsea.

That ended an unbeaten run of seven games which included some real highlights, including a 4-1 win at Tottenham Hotspur and an excellent 2-0 victory over Sunderland which sent the fans home on a high.

Newcastle went into the final straight last season with two aims, one of them to kill off the threat of relegation and the other to give Toon fans encouragement for the new season.

Beye added: “I think we could see against Chelsea there was a gap between us and the top four.

“But we showed in the first half that we can live with them.

“We need to keep improving, but next season will be different when everybody starts the season on zero points.”

United’s hopes of signing Dean Ashton have been dashed after the player signed a five- year deal with West Ham.

United had made two enquiries about the striker, yet Ashton was always going to talk to the Hammers when he returned from England duty to see if they could offer him the right contract at the third time of asking, and Newcastle’s interest has probably worked in his favour.

Meanwhile, talk today that United have held further talks with Arda Turan has been denied by his agent.

The Galatasaray winger knows he is going into the shop window during Euro 2008 and could end the tournament with a host of offers.

His agent Ahmet Bulut said: “Arda would love a move to England but we are waiting for Newcastle to make their move.

“A lot of clubs want him.

“He is a great player and people will see that at Euro 2008.”

I had a bunch of Cockneys (Arsenal/Liverpool fans) at Uni telling me Beye was s*** and that Taylor was our best defender on the last day.

You have to laugh.

yep that's pretty much the litmus test, ask them what they think of Enrique then ask them what they think of Taylor

• 1 month later...

:smitten:

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/My-best-is-yet-to.4362544.jp

'My best is yet to come' - Toon hero

Published Date:

06 August 2008

By Miles Starforth

Newcastle United writer

HABIB Beye says he has no intention of resting on his laurels as he starts his second season at Newcastle United.

The defender was arguably former boss Sam Allardyce's best signing, with many fans naming Beye as the club's player of the year last season.

But Beye – who hopes to make his first appearance of pre-season against PSV Eindhoven tonight after recovering from an Achilles problem – believes he is only as good as his next campaign.

And the 30-year-old – signed from Olympique Marseille last summer – is knuckling down ahead of the season-opener away to Manchester United.

"When people say you are one of the players of the season, it is good," Beye told the Gazette.

"But I need to work again to improve and play well.

"For my first season, it was good. It's difficult to come to England and play in the Premier League. I was in France before, where the football is different.

"When I came to Newcastle, I was very happy. Newcastle is a big club, and I like to play at St James's Park in front of 52,000 people.

"But I know I need to play well, and have another good season. I'm not here to play one year, and that is all.

"I want to play well for the whole season. I have a three-year contract, and my ambition is to play much better than last season

"I want to progress.

"I know the Premier League now, and it's good for me to play in Newcastle. Hopefully, it will be a great season for the team."

Beye – who travelled to Palma for the Mallorca Summer Cup but did not feature in either of Newcastle's games – returned to training last Thursday.

And the Senegal international is hoping to play some part in United's penultimate friendly.

Beye said: "I have a little problem in my Achilles – an inflamation. I've started training, and maybe I can play against PSV.

"I am looking forward to playing at St James's again. I love playing for the Newcastle fans."

Guest shearer_united

When I first found out we got Habib Beye, i was scared that him being a 30 year old he would have already peaked and his physical performance would have been average. Luckily, I was wrong; he looks more like a 25-year old player on the field.