Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

I thought Habib had already retired from international football.

Beye has been a regular in the Senegal national squad since 2001' date=' and has 35 caps and one goal. He made substitute appearances in Senegal's matches in the 2002 FIFA World Cup, against Denmark, Uruguay and Sweden. He retired from international football in an effort to concentrate on his club career following a shambolic African Cup of Nations by Senegal in 2008, [8']though he was then called up to a friendly against Libya on 20 August, 2008, meaning that he had either not retired or chosen to come out of it.

Even if you're retired, you can still be called up. And if you don't show up, you get suspended from playing for your club.

That's blatantly not true.  :lol:

im pretty sure ive heard that before to be honest

Even if you're retired, you can still be called up. And if you don't show up, you get suspended from playing for your club.

I'm 100% sure its not true. 

I'm 100% sure its not true. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/5291486.stm

Fifa says any player is allowed to retire from international football as long as they inform the coach before the next squad is announced.

"The situation is that any player is free to decide that he is not playing for his national team," said Fifa spokesman Andreas Herren.

"There is no Fifa rule to prevent any player stopping his international career, that's up to him.

"The one thing that has to be considered is that the intention to leave a national team or put an end to an international career needs to be communicated prior to a specific summons."

That's for providing the article that clears that up.  :pow:

• 2 weeks later...

At the club shop in Monument, that huge picture of Owen in the purple away top has been replaced by a big pic of three players modelling the new training gear - Taylor, Harper and Beye.  Considering the first two are nailed on as staying and they chose Beye as the third I'm going to take that as confidence from the club we're keeping him.

If a decent club came in with a decent bid I think both player and club would accept. He's done with the U21s now, so his sights will be on the full squad (no matter how laughable some on here may find the prospect) and he needs top level football to stand a chance.

If a decent club came in with a decent bid I think both player and club would accept. He's done with the U21s now, so his sights will be on the full squad (no matter how laughable some on here may find the prospect) and he needs top level football to stand a chance.

I still think a season (hopefully please god) in the Championship, might be good for him in the long run.

From what I hear, he really wants to stay especially if Shearer is manager.

I'm sure he does but if the current situation drags on much longer there won't be anyone other than the big wage wasters who will want to stay if they get the chance of a move. Only confirmation of a takeover will save the situation as it stands.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest v_scfc

Dunna worry he'll be a Stoke player before the close season is over . . . otherwise known as Senegal City . . .  O0

Dunna worry he'll be a Stoke before the close season is over . . . otherwise known as Senegal City . . .  O0

:lol: He will be a Toon player for the rest of his playing career and then will one day return as manager to lead  us to glory!!