Brown to leave Man United?

NSG

Over 50k a week for Wes bloody  Brown? :lol:

Typical overrated England player. No better than we have. No thanks..

Of course he is better than what we have, but if Ashley and Mort are sorting out the finances properly I would imagine his wages may be a problem.  Especially if Manchester United won't match what he thinks he is worth.

His best position is right back, but we've got Habib Beye.

It really really isn't.

Anyhow, he's a bit of a crock and i don't think he's that special anyway. If we're gonna get another centre-back in the summer, i'd rather it wasn't another squad player.

No more rejects from Man Utd or Chelsea please.

Exactly, Ronaldo & Drogba or no-one

Aye, but they'd be 34 and have knacked knees when they'd let us have them.

:kasper:

Didier Drogba Injury History

Injury Club Date Injury Reported

Knee Injury  Chelsea Injuries  2005 December 2nd 

Knee Injury  Chelsea Injuries  2005 October 20th 

Knee Injury  Chelsea Injuries  2005 May 22nd 

Looks a good enough player to me, but we should probably be a lot more cautious about these kinds of signings. There's usually a reason these players are getting palmed off onto us on the cheap. Babayaro came with all sorts of injury problems, Duff has arrived and looks slower than ever before and has been constantly crocked, Parker didn't make it here, Geremi has struggled for any sort of form and also looks slower than before, Smith has still got a lot to prove, Butt was awful for his first couple of years.

Sometimes you do get scenarios where classy players are rotting at a big club because of an oversized squad, such as Wright-Phillips a while back, and you can make a convincing case for signing them. I think Brown would be far more exposed playing for Newcastle though. Man Utd dominate possession week in, week out and it's easier for someone like Brown to come into the side and hold his own. Up here he'll be in a weaker team and a lot more will be asked of him defensively.

Wes Brown is often vitcim of the odd mistake, and just like Bramble everyone of those mistakes ends up being punished by a goal. Unlucky? I think so, but even with his horrible injury record, i still think he's an improvement to what we've got. Depends on how much he wants though, i wouldn't lose sleep if we missed out on him, but it would be a nice squad filler, especially if we can get him for a nominal fee in the winter window.

Looks a good enough player to me, but we should probably be a lot more cautious about these kinds of signings. There's usually a reason these players are getting palmed off onto us on the cheap. Babayaro came with all sorts of injury problems, Duff has arrived and looks slower than ever before and has been constantly crocked, Parker didn't make it here, Geremi has struggled for any sort of form and also looks slower than before, Smith has still got a lot to prove, Butt was awful for his first couple of years.

Sometimes you do get scenarios where classy players are rotting at a big club because of an oversized squad, such as Wright-Phillips a while back, and you can make a convincing case for signing them. I think Brown would be far more exposed playing for Newcastle though. Man Utd dominate possession week in, week out and it's easier for someone like Brown to come into the side and hold his own. Up here he'll be in a weaker team and a lot more will be asked of him defensively.

Totally agree with this. Had enough of taking Top 4 rejects and them not working out – too many English players at the top 4 clubs are made to look good by those around them (I think this even applies to some of the top 4’s supposed big English players with Gerrard flattered by the work of Alonso / Mascherano, Terry by Carvalho and Carragher by Agger – all have been exposed to a degree when these players are missing, not that I would say no to having any of them!). I think if you look at Brown and who he plays with – Vidic, Ferdinand, Evra, he can get away with a lot as others will cover for him and as stated earlier the ball spends a lot less time in Man Utd’s half than it does in ours. I don’t think another defender is the answer in January, give our lot some time. Remember how long it took Vidic and Evra to adapt to the premiership and how much grief they got in their first (half) season’s? Hopefully (optimistic I know) the same will apply, to an extent, with Roz and Enrique. Both have had promising moments and some dodgy moments, but we need to give them time, they both clearly have the potential to be decent. 

Guest DazzaNufc1892

bin in talks for ages, i told you he was going to sign is heinze didnt go and if jonny proved himself on the tour, neither happend. Nevilles fucked again though, so he is staying

Let's get a dedicated, younger RB who's a lot more dynamic and desperatley wants a spot in the XI rather than an overpaid, overrated, "solid" player who would probably be happy to sit and collect a big wage.  I think Brown's solid, but is he really going to improve the defence that much?  I'd rather see Edgar or Taylor played at RB in place of Beye than bringing in Brown.  He offers very little going forward as well IMO, and I really think that Milner will be so much better if he can link up with a dynamic offensive fullback.