Newcastle United 2 - 1 Birmingham - 08/12/07 - Post match reaction from page 19

JH

Guest Ridzuan

Finally,we have got back to winning ways and I think deservedly so although the penalty decision was somewhat controversial.Birmingham performed well,nothing surprising there but the goal that we conceded was a sloppy one and again very early in the match.I dont know what Rozzy was thinking then.Fortunately,like we did against Arsenal,we kept on fighthing and justw when I thought it is going to end up as a draw,Beye scored the winning goal.I think our performance was OK but we did better against Arsenal.Our next match is away to Fulham.We got the points at home already,lets do it away from home now.

just because shearer is shearer it doesnt mean he has to agree with every decision that goes our way?

Exactly. I'd think a lot less of him if he just blindly defended us in every scenario.

blueyes.gif I completely agree

Guest Brewcastle

I'm sick of understanding.....bla....bl.a

Sam is of course in many eyes a genious. -.In my eyes he's helpless.

-Let's face it... NUFC is left with trouble... Get in with some attacking fotball :thup:

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

-Let's face it... NUFC is left with trouble... Get in with some attacking fotball :thup:

You are blind

Guest Brazilianbob

Personally I think this good performance is just  a blip and I firmly believe that with BSA at the helm this type of away performance will not be maintained.  After last week the players had no choice but to put their heart and soul into this game, and they may even carry it over into the Arsenal game, but I reckon BSA will privately be thinking that if we had defended for 90 minutes we may have got something out of the game.  You watch, the next away game it will be 10 defenders and Viduka up front, and it will be back to the usual abysmal performances.

Also, if BSA can get this sort of performance out of the players at will, why hasn't he done so in any of the previous matches?  The truth is the players were ashamed by their performance last week and tried to make up for it today, this performance had nothing to do with BSA and I have absolutely no faith in the man at all!!!

This is what I said last week.  It seems to me I may have been more accurate than I hoped in my assessment of the situation after last weeks Blackburn performance.  Have the players forgotten the liverpool performance already?  It would seem so!

It was apenalty - look at this mornings papers. There was no need to make contact with Martins.

Roze & Taylor's lack of communication led to their goal. A 60 yard ball should never be allowed to split your centre backs like that - no excuses; bad defending.

Barton is way off the pace at the moment as is Geremi.

Still we won when a draw would have been a fair result. We have to build on that.

Well surprise surprise Lawrenson said it wasn't a penalty (after explaining to the masses how we're the new Bolton and his mantra about our poor poor defence)

What a load of shit Lawrenson spoke (as usual). Apparently NUFC are really good at set pieces, just like Bolton were. Are we? I thought we were pretty crap at set pieces.

I just watched Sky News this morning and the guy that comes on to do the sports said "In a game that Birmingham dominated".

I didnt get to the match yesterday... are all you lads lying to me.... I thought we did well ??

Where do they pull this shit from ??

Exactly. I'd think a lot less of him if he just blindly defended us in every scenario.

I'm thinking less of him because he's following the usual BBC anti-Newcastle line.

I don't understand the doubts about the penalty. It was a clear trip. Are people saying that the defender didn't make contact?

No, it's only a definite penalty in such cases when it's Man Yoo Liverpuddle or Arsenhole re:BBC/Football rags regulations.

(Remember the excuses being looked for when Pires did a swan dive in the box a couple of seasons back ?)

I just watched Sky News this morning and the guy that comes on to do the sports said "In a game that Birmingham dominated".

I didnt get to the match yesterday... are all you lads lying to me.... I thought we did well ??

Where do they pull this shit from ??

I wasn't at the game, but I saw the whole of the match on Sky. Birmingham had a couple of good spells, but overall I thought we were well worth the win.

It's all down to opinion, but check out the stats - we were 56% - 44% up on possession, 55% - 45% up on territory, and had 17 shots against 6.  I can't see how that's being 'dominated'.

I can only think that, like the commentary teams yesterday and on Wednesday, the media are talking about the game that they expected or wanted to see, and not the one that actually happened.

[No, it's only a definite penalty in such cases when it's Man Yoo Liverpuddle or Arsenhole re:BBC/Football rags regulations.

(Remember the excuses being looked for when Pires did a swan dive in the box a couple of seasons back ?)

And Ronaldo yesterday - fucking joke that

Aye, all the debate over whether ours was a penalty or not, and a clear dive off Ronaldo ignored by the media.

Guest Brewcastle

You are blind

Confession: Not blind... But  :cheesy: . Yap! Foolish :smug:. Never gonna drink again :angel:. Ban myself for one week. Cheers............

It shoud've been 5 or 6-1 tbh.

The 2 we score scored

Martins chance 2 yards out

Milners chance 2 yards out

That ball N'Zogbia flashed across the face of goal

And when Viuka couldn't get the ball out his feet to pass to Martins who would've been 1 on 1

I can probably think of more but they are weret chances

The 2 we score scored

And when Viuka couldn't get the ball out his feet to pass to Martins who would've been 1 on 1

should've....would've......didn't ! 2-1.

The 2 we score scored

Dont forget..... TV reckon Birmingham dominated us  :shifty:

Where do they pull this s*** from ??

I wasn't at the game, but I saw the whole of the match on Sky. Birmingham had a couple of good spells, but overall I thought we were well worth the win.

It's all down to opinion, but check out the stats - we were 56% - 44% up on possession, 55% - 45% up on territory, and had 17 shots against 6.  I can't see how that's being 'dominated'.

I can only think that, like the commentary teams yesterday and on Wednesday, the media are talking about the game that they expected or wanted to see, and not the one that actually happened.

Absolutely spot on.

There was a Scouse tosser on Talk Sport (should be called Talk Sh*te when Townsend and Parry are on) this morning and whining about how fantastic Liverpool fans are (as they never stop doing - talk about mirror kissers) and how they have always shown Rafa huge support "unlike some Premier teams" meaning guess who - I think the scouse turd was suffering under the usual problem that affects scousers in that the fact they are winning, getting trophies, and have a chance of the Prem league is the REAL reason they are not getting on Rafa's back like they did with Houllier Souness and Evans.

Like with like ?

Like hell.

Where do they pull this s*** from ??

Absolutely spot on.

There was a Scouse tosser on Talk Sport (should be called Talk Sh*te when Townsend and Parry are on) this morning and whining about how fantastic Liverpool fans are (as they never stop doing - talk about mirror kissers) and how they have always shown Rafa huge support "unlike some Premier teams" meaning guess who - I think the scouse turd was suffering under the usual problem that affects scousers in that the fact they are winning, getting trophies, and have a chance of the Prem league is the REAL reason they are not getting on Rafa's back like they did with Houllier Souness and Evans.

Like with like ?

Like hell.

This is what always gets me about Liverpool fans. Yes, they are very good but they are the easiest club to support.

We will never know I guess but it would be very interesting to see what they are like if they havent won anything for 30 odd years.

Even when they were shit under Souness they won they FA Cup. They dont know how lucky they are and certainly never acknowledge the fact