Fulham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 15/12/07 - post match reaction from page 15

Dave

There's no way Rozehnal could be described as great. He's a bloody Titus.

christ.

Alright, I exaggerate, but he's not good enough at the minute.

what did he do wrong today? i thought he had a good game

Please. He's too casual, he can't head a ball, he gets caught out of position, he's weak, he doesn't attack the ball, he plays passes that put us in trouble. Mostly, though, he just needs to start playing it safe.

Beye        Cacapa        Rozehnal        NZogbia

=Healy=                                             

Newcastle player                                                                                   

=Fulham player=        =Fulham player=          =Fulham player=

Newcaslte player

Ball loops high in air towards Rozehnal, noone closing Rozehnal down, Newcastle's midfielders are higher up the pitch, Rozehnal is under no pressure and just needs to deal with a moderately easy high ball - so what does he do? Nods it directly into the patch of the Fulham midfielders.

He has no composure whatsoever. A poser, a centreback who looks like he plays with grace and ability, but in truth is just a tarted up donkey.

back to the game.....

Hands up (metaphorically) who was baffled by the choice to give Smith the captaincy after Geremi was taken off?  Would've thought that Given, Beye, Cacapa, Barton, even Butt might have been ahead of him, having had previous experience of captaining a team.

Never mind.

Smith has always been the next choice for captain when Geremi has been off the pitch hasn't he?

Bar that one time Owen did it.

What was up with Geremi today. Absolutely woeful performance. Not at the races at all.

And Smith is starting to remind me of a 35 year old Shearer. Can stick it up the 'arse, but chasing shadows away from home.

As for Martins, its painful to watch a player who has pace to burn, yet doesnt use it, nay, doesnt know how to use it.

At this point in time, I think there is a major fault with every one of our forwards, so much so that we arent going to get anywhere above mid table unless we bring another two in for the first team.

Hard to use pace when you get f*** all in the ways of service, mate. 

Even when he does though, he generally doesn't play to his strengths.

He should be a threat to knock the ball past his man and get don the wing, but I really don't recall him ever running at a full-back, ever. He's always trying to pick a clever pass or do something fancy, which he's simply not very good at.

Headless chicken of the highest order tbh.

Harsh to say that from this game, but yes, he does over compensate quite often.  Play the ball on the deck and run at the opposition is where Martins could thrive.  He keeps wanting to drift into the center, like he would in a 4-4-2.  If he stays out a little wider in the 4-3-3, he could find the space to run onto something. 

I dunno, it's frustrating, because there is much more of him than we're seeing at the mo. 

There's no way Rozehnal could be described as great. He's a bloody Titus.

Is his english very good?  Cause he doesn't seem to communicate at all to the other defenders.  He and Beye had that cock up mid-way through the 2nd half that sent Healy through, I believe. 

Guest newcastle4life
:frantic: Bad game but we stole the points which is always possible with clean sheets now a win against Derby to make it three wins in a row.    ;D

:frantic: Bad game but we stole the points which is always possible with clean sheets now a win against Derby to make it three wins in a row.    ;D

Abaolutely. As we build the momentum up through the season, I think this is what Big Sam was trying to do at those away games we managed to fuck up. Sweet when it works

Am I the only one who enjoyed the game and thought we played very well first half. Especially Smith, Milner and Beye?

Was going to say the same thing. That was our best away performance in ages imo. Solid defensively, dangerous from set-pieces, and always looked in control.

i thought we played well and looked solid throughout.

it wasnt the easiest thing on the eye but then again away performances dont realy have to be imo, they are about picking up points.

well done lads.

i think we are also benefiting from playing (mostly) the same team every week.

well done

i thought we played well and looked solid throughout.

it wasnt the easiest thing on the eye but then again away performances dont realy have to be imo, they are about picking up points.

well done lads.

i think we are also benefiting from playing (mostly) the same team every week.

well done

I agree

Did anyone hear setanta trying to stir shit up in the post match interviews?

I think what is of the most important: we don't have to read all of those "newcastle haven't won away in X  league games" and "nufc are shit away from home" so sick of those remarks.

Good point. It's a great result, really.

I think what is of the most important: we don't have to read all of those "newcastle haven't won away in X  league games" and "nufc are shit away from home" so sick of those remarks.

Good point. It's a great result, really.

agreed. It's like the papers always fancies to write all those "Nufc JINX in London" and "Nufc can never keep a clean sheet away from home"

I find it hard to judge our forwards when we are so poor in midfield, losing Dyer and Solano needs addressing as we've got no creativity, especially when we keep playing N'Zogbia in defence.

Saying that though, there were still occasions where Martins looked like he could be in but either his control let him down or he cut inside allowing the defence to regroup.

Anyone know the situation with Enrique? It's getting a little silly now. I don't think N'Zogbia looks comfortable there at all.

It's crazy in some respects, N'Zogbia could bring so much more to our game if he was starting from further up the pitch.  Playing him at the back might actually help his game eventually if he goes back up because he'll have learned something about defending but for now, it's mad.  I've seen nothing in Enrique to suggest he'll not make it here, he needs games and games like today would do him good. 

If Allardyce is trying to keep things settled then fair enough as he had to bring Cacapa back for an injured Taylor.