Fulham 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 15/12/07 - post match reaction from page 15

Dave

What was up with Geremi today. Absolutely woeful performance. Not at the races at all.

And Smith is starting to remind me of a 35 year old Shearer. Can stick it up the 'arse, but chasing shadows away from home.

As for Martins, its painful to watch a player who has pace to burn, yet doesnt use it, nay, doesnt know how to use it.

At this point in time, I think there is a major fault with every one of our forwards, so much so that we arent going to get anywhere above mid table unless we bring another two in for the first team.

Hard to use pace when you get f*** all in the ways of service, mate. 

Even when he does though, he generally doesn't play to his strengths.

He should be a threat to knock the ball past his man and get don the wing, but I really don't recall him ever running at a full-back, ever. He's always trying to pick a clever pass or do something fancy, which he's simply not very good at.

Headless chicken of the highest order tbh.

Guest Guinness

Chuffed with the 3 points, it was a poor game and we didn't play well but that could just be the result to bring back some confidence on the road.

Drop Geremi and play Emre instead as we looked much better with him on the field. A win is a win and the clean sheet is a bonus. Cacapa showed great awareness on his return after Portsmouth and delivered a good performance. Beye was my MotM and everyone else was almost non existant.

Nice bonus and there's always a chance against the likes of Fulham.

I would have started Emre against this lot.

We worked hard and got a break is the best I can say about the perfromance.

Again very strange postitioning from Marteeens.

Good penalty. Absolutely no debate whatsoever about that one.

Very debatable if you ask me..

How exactly?

Smith knocks the ball away, the man dives in and gets nowhere near the ball and takes Smith out.

He doesn't take Smith out though, hardly even touches him..

:lol:

I'm a 100% serious. Which part of the defender's body touches Smith where with such an impact as to "take him out"..?

Good interview by SA

what did he say??

Glad to get a win.

Glad to get a clean sheet away from home.

Doesn't have a set penalty taker as he prefers the player who feels the most confident to step up and take it.

He was asked about whether he thought the fans would be happy with the level of performance, despite the win, he just said that "they're away up the road home with a last minute winner, of course we would have like to put on a better performance but on this occasion the result is more important"

Can't complain with a 1-0 away win in London, we looked good at times (Milner-Smith-Zoggy one touch footy in first half springs to mind), thought Beye was a rock at the back, Cacapa had a great game, as did Smith (his link-up play is excellent). On the downside, Geremi was woeful (Emre offers so much more with his set-piece delivery and all-round play...just isn't fit enough yet) and Butt made three or four abysmal passes (but was otherwise decent).

Martins looked out of sorts, why he didn't take on the last defender (twice) and drive through at goal confuses me. Either he's short on confidence or is getting instructions from the bench to turn back and link up the play...either way, I hope he starts taking a leaf out of Milner's book.

Nice bonus and there's always a chance against the likes of Fulham.

I would have started Emre against this lot.

We worked hard and got a break is the best I can say about the perfromance.

Again very strange postitioning from Marteeens.

It was bizarre. He was playing in exactly the right positions to make nothing happen. If he'd played up front, all right, or on the wing, but he just floated about.

Beye is simply immense. He can be our legend if he continues such level of display.

If only his long ball can be better...

Still giving the left winger too much room to attack him.

I dont mean to be a negative nancy, but he was torn apart by Petrov earlier on in the season because of his positioning, and despite his performances overall having improved, hes still playing and positioning himself in a way that leaves him open to a decent winger.

Beye is simply immense. He can be our legend if he continues such level of display.

If only his long ball can be better...

Still giving the left winger too much room to attack him.

I dont mean to be a negative nancy, but he was torn apart by Petrov earlier on in the season because of his positioning, and despite his performances overall having improved, hes still playing and positioning himself in a way that leaves him open to a decent winger.

I'm not convinced he's a fullback. Doesn't look like it to me. Looks more like the commanding centre-half we've been crying out for.

Thought Rozehnal did great actually. Him and Cacapa did well most of the match. Beye solid once again, and Zog good in the offensive play. Decent defence in other words. However, Emre has to start matches. Butt off please! Geremi poor as well. Martins not in top shape, but Milner did fine on the wing. Barton had an OK match. Sums it up.

Happy with the win, surely a penalty, Smith was brought down. Also happy that Duff, Owen and Faye are back for the Derby game. 3 points, and we will have 10/12p.

O0

It's funny isn't it. Two weeks ago we were a crisis club, 1 point from 9. Today we're 7 from 9 and a win against Derby will see us go to Wigan on Boxing day as 'One of the Premierships' form teams with 10 points from the last 12'.

Mostly though it'd see us go there with 28 points which is a fair bit better than the last few years.