Ben Tozer signs on 4.5 year contract

Thespence

I have family in Swindon I will try & get the low down later today. I will judge when I see him action. I hope that is the fee with all adds on, as Swindon are in the shit £££'s wise so we have them over the smoking gun.

Herd it all before with young lads you see clubs sign them & then a few years later there playing for shite clubs in Lancahire or Yorkshire. Lets hope this kid turns out tot be a good one if/when the deal is done.

I get the impression that Allardyce doesn't rate Taylor that highly, and doesn't see him as the long-term answer. This lad's arrival could mean Taylor going at the end of the season.

I'm not saying Allardyce is necessarily wrong here. Taylor's technique on the ball is pretty bad, even by centre back standards. This does get exposed every now and then.

I get the impression that Allardyce doesn't rate Taylor that highly, and doesn't see him as the long-term answer. This lad's arrival could mean Taylor going at the end of the season.

I'm not saying Allardyce is necessarily wrong here. Taylor's technique on the ball is pretty bad, even by centre back standards. This does get exposed every now and then.

I think you are reading far too much into this transfer if you are thinking along those lines.

No chance will we be selling Taylor, now really isn't the time. In in 3-4 years he hasn't improved, then would be the time to sell him, as to replacing him with a 17 year old who's only played a handful of low level games is a wee bit mental, in fact i'd go as far as saying down right fuking crazy!

http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/javaImages/3b/4b/0,,10341~3361595,00.jpg

I've never heard of him. But he looks deformed. Crouch-like almost. Can see why he's caught the scouts eye. :eek:

Looks a bit like James Milner, Pie is going to hate him.

Does anywhere confirm if he's a LB or a CB then?

He is a centre back.

He's left footed (or can use his left) and can play left back, i reckon we'll see him there more than anywhere over the next few seasons even if it is to blood him.

As I said in OP we were also linked with Tamas Kadar. Today we are linked with Stefan Mardare & Marko Ljuninkovic in the Sunday Sun. Also says we have a Eastern European Scout in Vic Halom.

So scout wise we have:

Paul Montgomery, Adrian Heath, Bobby Saxton & Vic Halom.

Nice article from 2003 about Paul Montgomery:

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/2003/10/07/face-to-face--paul-montgomery-50081-13489332/

He's left footed (or can use his left) and can play left back, i reckon we'll see him there more than anywhere over the next few seasons even if it is to blood him.

Yes he is left footed & as we have seen before at NUFC blooding CB's in the fullback positions is par for the course.

As I said in OP we were also linked with Tamas Kadar.

His club's website reports he flew back to Hungary yesterday, no info on how his trial went with Bolton or us.

Stockdale from Darlington, I watch Darlo a bit not so sure about that link like! This Tozer lad, Know nothing about him but like a couple of posts above, I doubt we will be seeing anything of him for a good couple of seasons, might get a couple of run outs in cup competitions first and then maybe moved to league games. If he's any good like.