Derby County @ Home - Sunday 23rd December

Skirge

Guest Sniffer

No doubt allardyce's gameplan will be aimed, first and foremost, at preventing Derby scoring. We'll score early on and sit back defending a 1 goal lead as the ends justifies the means.

No doubt allardyce's gameplan will be aimed, first and foremost, at preventing Derby scoring. We'll score early on and sit back defending a 1 goal lead as the ends justifies the means.

:smitten:

Would love that...

...to take a early lead :yikes:

Yeah. I can see us playing for a 0-0 with the hope of nicking a goal and winning 1-0. Great stuff.

4-0.  Martins Hat trick.

'Finally turned the corner'

'Could have scored 10'

'There's no easy games in the Prem'

'Martins is better than Owen Shearer'

'Defense is really solid now'

4-0.  Martins Hat trick.

'Papering over the cracks'

'Not attacking enough'

'They are s*** anyway'

'Martins is rubbish'

'We can't defend'

:D - this is the way it will be all season - even if we beat man utd 5-0 again many on here will write it off as a fluke.... sad really

I saw a few signs in the Fulham game that we can threaten teams again, some great touches by Smith etc, it just isn't quite clicking yet. Not sure why everyone thinks we won't turn Derby over.

No reason to think we won't get a win here, looking forward to the match...

Emre must play, can't go on with this Butt Barton Geremi combo. Neither of them get into the box (well Barton does the odd time) unless it's a set piece. Also one of the 3 upfront in Milner plays more like a midfielder and rarely threatens the goal or gets into the box enough. Not saying Emre will arrive late banging in goals but at least he can travel with the ball and attract some of their players and also has the ability to punish them with a killer ball (has the ability but whether he produces it is another story. Playing Butt Geremi and Barton against Derby would be ridiculous.

My Team would go like:

------------Given

Beye---Taylor---cacapa---Zog

-----Barton----Butt---Emre

---Smith----Viduka------Martins

Leave Milner out for a rest, play 3 strikers and really go at them. Also bring Enrique on at some point for Emre and swap him with Zog. 2-0 win.

4-0.  Martins Hat trick.

'Papering over the cracks'

'Not attacking enough'

'They are s*** anyway'

'Martins is rubbish'

'We can't defend'

:D - this is the way it will be all season - even if we beat man utd 5-0 again many on here will write it off as a fluke.... sad really

I'd write it off as a hallucination.

I'd be tempted to have Emre in the team for Geremi, then drop him afterwards. He doesn't have two good games on the trot and is more effective from the bench. But he might be up for it for this one so he could well be an asset.

Real shame Faye isn't expected to be fit for this one as Howard totally dominated Roze and to a lesser degree Cacapa at their place.

Think we should have a real go at them:

V Derby at the moment:

Given

Beye  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Barton  Emre    Zoggy

Smith  Martins   

Subs; Harper, Edgar/Roze, Duff, Butt/Geremi, Viduka

Duff to get a run out in the second half and if we are creating alot bring Viduka on for his finishing.

Guest Sniffer

I didn't see any signs whatsoever in the Fulham match that we could trouble any team including Derby. You must have been watching a different game as we were a shambles for the entire match.

I didn't see any signs whatsoever in the Fulham match that we could trouble any team including Derby. You must have been watching a different game as we were a shambles for the entire match.

Not true, in my opinion. I know we aren't playing well at the moment but I did see signs of improvement.