Derby County @ Home - Sunday 23rd December

Skirge

Derby have ONE goal away from home in 9 matches this season, and ONE point (0-0 draw at Fulham). All the more reason to give Enrique a run out and put Zoggy in midfield and have a go at them.

Agree.

You would really have to start to wonder if Allardyce has not got enough faith in his £6.3 million signing Jose Enrique to play him in this match.

Derby have ONE goal away from home in 9 matches this season, and ONE point (0-0 draw at Fulham). All the more reason to give Enrique a run out and put Zoggy in midfield and have a go at them.

Agree.

You would really have to start to wonder if Allardyce has not got enough faith in his £6.3 million signing Jose Enrique to play him in this match.

Exactly, there won't be a better match this season for Enrique to play in to be 'slowly' moved into English football etc.etc.

When are people going to understand?!

Of course Sam has faith in Enrique. But he dont want to rush things. Isent 2-3 new players at the back allready enough? Will see how we will play in this game the best would be to keep the most of the team compact. But as everyone is pointing out, this would be a good game to pot Enrique back.

'Alright to give so-and-so a run out' ?

I wouldn't be against Enrique playing; but this sort of attitude is so wrong in the Premier League. Anything can happen in the league - far too important to be 'giving them a run out'.

'Alright to give so-and-so a run out' ?

I wouldn't be against Enrique playing; but this sort of attitude is so wrong in the Premier League. Anything can happen in the league - far too important to be 'giving them a run out'.

So when does Enrique ever get his chance in the PL then? If and when Zoggy is injured and theres no option?

I agree with what you mean, but we are talking about one change and a supposedly quality player coming in. Not making 3 or 4 changes by bringing in less adequate players in.

I'd just be hesitant about changing a defence which has kept our first clean sheet in ages, personally, especially when the two centre-halves and left-back involved were also in the last starting 11 to keep a clean sheet in the league as well (Rozehnal/Cacapa/N'Zogbia vs. Wigan at St. James').

Continuity can't be underestimated, but I can certainly see the argument for bringing Enrique into this game. It's still a big, big gamble, even if it is Derby. Another clean sheet could do wonders for our back four.

I'd just be hesitant about changing a defence which has kept our first clean sheet in ages, personally, especially when the two centre-halves and left-back involved were also in the last starting 11 to keep a clean sheet in the league as well (Rozehnal/Cacapa/N'Zogbia vs. Wigan at St. James').

Continuity can't be underestimated, but I can certainly see the argument for bringing Enrique into this game. It's still a big, big gamble, even if it is Derby. Another clean sheet could do wonders for our back four.

Nice to have some choices but they do bring their own problems.

Guest mr quimbys beard

A good performance from the players and fans should see a comfortable win, maybe even 4-0 with another clean sheet.

Depending who's fit of course....

4-4-2

Given

Beye Taylor Rozenhal Enrique

Milner Faye Barton Zog

Martins Smith

4-4-3

Given

Beye Taylor Rozenhal Enrique

Barton  Faye  Emre

Martins Smith Zog

Both sensible.  :thup:

agree.  me likey both. :thup:

Have a bad feeling about this game  :shifty:

Not the only one

A lot on here seem to think it's 3 "gimme" points in the bag already.

Well sorry but football isn't like that and I'm sure the management and players know it.

Derby may be bottom but they're a team of highly paid professionals with a new manager. They have not had much luck and were very unfortunate to be beaten at the SoS recently. Oh and didn't they just beat US earlier this season ?

Any complacency and we could be done by them.

Lets just knuckle down and beat them with the same attitude we'd play against any other team at home.

i don't think we need a defensive midfielder for this game at home to the undisputed worst team in the league. drop butt and geremi who are both out of form and play barton and emre, who will anyway provide that neccessary amount of bite and graft despite both being attack minded players. that would be in a 4-4-2 but allardyce's inflexibility away from 4-3-3, cautious mindset and love of battlers makes it all the less likely.

Sam on the radio just said he is desperate for revenge

as long it was nothing along the lines of playing the percentages, loads of respect and holding then I will see it as an improvement, lets hope he can fire up the troops as much as he seems to be.