Derby County @ Home - Sunday 23rd December

Skirge

I'm starting to think that the reason he plays Rozenhal and Faye or Rozenhal and Cacapa as his preferred CB partnership  is to do with communication. Cacapa, Beye, Rozenhal, N'Zogbia and Faye all speak French. Enrique only speaks Spanish as far as i'm aware and i'm pretty sure Taylor only speaks English. 4 defenders who speak the same language = clean sheet.   

It makes sense to have a back line who share a common language but Taylor has had a couple of good games at the back and looked a real threat going forward.

I don't think dropping him sends a very positive message. Play well, score a goal and i'll reward you with a place on the bench.

Eh?

Think he's refering to the arsenal goal..

...what about the reward?

Think he' refering to the irony in putting him on the bench after playing well (in his opinion) and scoring a goal, is a funny way to reward someone.

I must have missed it when he was put on the bench.

He hasn't been, yet... People (including Steve69) are just saying might he be and steve is presenting an argument for why he shouldn't!

What's the point of what the geezer has posted? It makes no sense at all.

The fact is, Taylor isn't in danger of being dropped "after playing well and scoring a goal." He's lost his place due to injury, which is very different.

True, I'll stop trying to defend him now..

GIVEN

BEYE TAYLOR FAYE ? JOSE

MILNER BARTON EMRE CHARLIE

MARTINS VIDUKA

VIDUKA IS SHIT BUT IS A BETTER FINISHER THAN MARTINS AND SMITH AND THEIR DEFENDERS ARE CACK SO WILL MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD

I'M GOING FOR 2-0

EMRE

MARTINS

I'd go with an attacking side, and hope to put the game to bed by the 60th minute, to safely bring on some recovering players later on in the game - in an ideal world. It's also a good time to reintroduce Jose Enrique.

----------------Given

--Beye----Cacapa----Roz----Enrique

-Milner---Geremi---Emre----N'Zogbia

---------Smith-----Martins

Subs: Harper, Duff (on at 60/70), Viduka, Barton, Faye (if fit)

GIVEN

BEYE TAYLOR FAYE ? JOSE

MILNER BARTON EMRE CHARLIES

MARTINS VIDUKA

VIDUKA IS s*** BUT IS A BETTER FINISHER THAN MARTINS AND SMITH AND THEIR DEFENDERS ARE CACK SO WIL MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD

I'M GOING FOR 2-0

EMRE

MARTINS

Why does kev get more stick than you?  I know you're just a young lad, but you're twice the mong he is.  Who is Charlies?  When did Viduka become shit?  Please answer with the caps lock off, as your answers are surely enough to sting my eyes without having to pretend you're yelling at me. 

Anyhoo, on to the Derby match.  3pts and a convincing win (I'd settle for just a win) to atone for the disaster that was called football at their park.  I'll go with the same line-up as Smith seems to be much more effective at St. James.  Martins needs a good goal from open play to get his confidence back up. 

3-0, Smith, Viduka and Martins. 

GIVEN

BEYE TAYLOR FAYE ? JOSE

MILNER BARTON EMRE CHARLIES

MARTINS VIDUKA

VIDUKA IS s*** BUT IS A BETTER FINISHER THAN MARTINS AND SMITH AND THEIR DEFENDERS ARE CACK SO WIL MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD

I'M GOING FOR 2-0

EMRE

MARTINS

Why does kev get more stick than you?  I know you're just a young lad, but you're twice the mong he is.  Who is Charlies?  When did Viduka become shit?  Please answer with the caps lock off, as your answers are surely enough to sting my eyes without having to pretend you're yelling at me. 

Anyhoo, on to the Derby match.  3pts and a convincing win (I'd settle for just a win) to atone for the disaster that was called football at their park.  I'll go with the same line-up as Smith seems to be much more effective at St. James.  Martins needs a good goal from open play to get his confidence back up. 

3-0, Smith, Viduka and Martins.   

* Sends his apologies  :lol:

if 433

Beye  Faye  Roz/Capaca  Zog/Enrique

Barton Emre Butt

Zog/Milner  Smith  Martins

Zog has to play for me, so if not LB then gets Milners place (to start with anyway)

if 442

Beye  Faye  Roz/Capaca  Enrique

Milner  Barton  Butt  Zog

Smith    Martins

If we lose the forum will go into meltdown, not even a cup win or an amazing run that see's us win the premiership would make up for it.

too right...to be the only team to lose to Derby is bad enough. To repeat the catastrophe would test the patience of the Gods tbh.

Owen misses out.

Is it sad that I was more looking forward to Duff starting than Owen?

Duff won't start either. ;)

"Everyone who played in the practice match has come through it fine,"

"Damien Duff, Abdoulaye Faye and Shola Ameobi also played but Steven Taylor is the only one who is likely to come back into the team for the Derby game."

Owen misses out.

Is it sad that I was more looking forward to Duff starting than Owen?

Duff won't start either. ;)

"Everyone who played in the practice match has come through it fine,"

"Damien Duff, Abdoulaye Faye and Shola Ameobi also played but Steven Taylor is the only one who is likely to come back into the team for the Derby game."

Dave I know he wont thats why I said "I was" still papers say probably back for boxing day game V wigan which is really handy.

Can we keep 2 clean sheets on the trot? Best chance we'll have this season!

I reckon 2-0. SJP and Newcastle is the kind of game a club like Derby treats as a Cup Final, like they did at OT a couple of weeks back.

They may well put 10 men behind the ball, which is again why I'd really like to see Zoggy moved into MF.

Edit: Just read .com - Derby have ONE goal away from home in 9 matches this season, and ONE point (0-0 draw at Fulham). All the more reason to give Enrique a run out and put Zoggy in midfield and have a go at them. Nothing less than a win is expected.