Pick Your 3 signings

SUPERTOON

Mascherano

Poulsen

Diaby/Diarra

3 defensive midfielders? Why exactly?

1st post syndrome.

You spend 4 years lurking, then you sign up and when you finally get to post any old shit comes flying out.  O0

Welcome to the forums though mate!  :laugh:

Mascherano

Poulsen

Diaby/Diarra

3 defensive midfielders? Why exactly?

1st post syndrome.

You spend 4 years lurking, then you sign up and when you finally get to post any old shit comes flying out.  O0

Welcome to the forums though mate!  :laugh:

mackems.gif

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Anelka isn't a cunt, is he?

I recon we should go throw some money around and temp Bolton to part with him like.  We should raid a few clubs, see what the craic is with a few of their better players.  I bet some of them will be willing to part with their better players if the price is right.

NEWCASTLE

What they need?

A new back four might help, creativity up front and cover during the African Cup of Nations.

Possible activity

The Newcastle board may well be presented a long list of targets by boss Sam Allardyce with a top-class defender presumably at the top of it. Brazilian Edmilson, Alan Hutton and Wes Brown have all been linked with Newcastle, while promising Swindon left-back Ben Tozer will arrive imminently.

Toon fans are crying out for attractive football so Allardyce might want to appease them with a playmaker. Shola Ameobi, Stephen Carr and Celestine Babayaro all look certain to depart.

Who have they been linked with?

Brown, Hutton, Edmilson, Peter Crouch, Tozer, Ivica Dragutinovic, Andrey Arshavin, Luis Garcia.

Who do you want them to buy?

"The main players we need are a young back-up full-back and a creative midfielder: Zuiverloon and Arshavin."

zeTom1

From the BBC.

Diouf

Brown

Anelka

Arshavin (maybe haven't seen a huge amount but seems a good player. Perhaps at a decent price.)

Would love Bentley rather than Diouf but after some of the performances he's put in we'd not get him in a million years.

Diouf

Brown

Anelka

Arshavin (maybe haven't seen a huge amount but seems a good player. Perhaps at a decent price.)

Would love Bentley rather than Diouf but after some of the performances he's put in we'd not get him in a million years.

I wanted him after he said he wanted to leave Arsenal as I thought he looked very good the one year he was on loan at Norwich.

That ship has sailed though. No way we could get him now. His price would be stupid and to be frank we are not in as good shape as Blackburn are at the moment.

I think we need better protection of the defense, so a static defensive midfielder like Makalele would be nice. A pacy right midfielder would be nice, someone whos actually gonna try and get behind the full back. Im actually quite happy with our forwards.

No dea why people keep mentioning Arshavin, how many ruski football fans do we have??

I think we need better protection of the defense, so a static defensive midfielder like Makalele would be nice. A pacy right midfielder would be nice, someone whos actually gonna try and get behind the full back. Im actually quite happy with our forwards.

No dea why people keep mentioning Arshavin, how many ruski football fans do we have??

What happened to Routledge? Might be worth a punt for about £1 million.

Guest kingdawson

Have him and we can throw in Tainio if you want?

Seriously though, what is the deal with Routledge?

He's no worse than Lennon but he doesn't even get a look in.

Did he fall out with the club?

Routledge is rubbish.

Giles Barnes has come back and looked really good so far, reminds me of Dyer but more consistent. Wanted him a long time ago, think it'd be worth testing there resolve considering they know they're down. Cant see too many in the league competeing with us either.

Guest kingdawson

hmmmmm i contemplating wether or not i should react to this (which you obviously want me to do O0).

To answer your question, routledge hasnt been given a chance because he's plain and simply shite :thup:

Many people are screaming for a new back four, but if we got nesta, rio ferdinan etc back there. Would that solve our problem? My answer would be no.  We need midfield players who can pass the ball, keep possesion(if we have possession the other team wont score, cause we have the ball. Isnt that logic? :kasper: ), be creative, can score from long range, has lots of pace, and can help out the back four.

To score more goals, should we just keep buying strikers? We still need midfield players who can feed them the ball, not those long balls from defence, cause they are so easily for the other team to deal with.

I would love for us to get Bentley, but i think he would be priced to high. But we should find a much simular player to him, or a new ronaldo type of player. Im not a scout, but if Big Sam has such a huge network out there, its time to use it now.We need central attacking midfielders also, and we need a box to box player.