How long can Sam paper over the cracks?

Decky

Late goals against Brum, Derby and Fulham give us 7 points when in reality we have been terrible in all 3 games, looking at the games we have lost this season, and these games where late goals hide bad performances, with all Sam's haters, just how long will he get away with it? I back Sam for at least a season or two, but surely he is under huge pressure again? Teams will see Newcastle as a hugely weak side always there for the taking, and if they have that mentality and we have our usual mentality, where will that leave us in the table :frantic:

(im not saying relegation btw :lol:)

He's done just as shite as the previous two, i just wonder if we are in fact cursed.

He should be doing better, we need to give managers time, but he's done nothing to warrant time being giving to him.

If the board have got any ambition, they'll be looking for someone else tonight in case we get even worse, which we will when we lose some of our best to the ANC.

Aye me stating facts and also saying i back Sam is kneejerk, sometimes i think people arnt allowed to complain after bad games without being branded as kneejerking.

Lol Decky you are clueless

What do you disagree with?

It'd be a knee-jerk reaction if this wasn't a normal occurrence. Dropping points against poor, poor teams; being outplayed by mediocre teams and being dicked by good teams. Depressing part is, it's pointless sacking the useless fucker until the summer anyway. Merry Christmas, btw :lol:

It'd be a knee-jerk reaction if this wasn't a normal occurrence. Dropping points against poor, poor teams; being outplayed by mediocre teams and being dicked by good teams. Depressing part is, it's pointless sacking the useless fucker until the summer anyway. Merry Christmas, btw :lol:

;D The lads will probably go and batter Wigan now just to confuse us even more

I think you are being a kneejerk because we're not exactly staring relegation in the face are we?

Yes we should have won today and Yes our performance was below par but we all knew this season we'd most likely have a lot of spikes in terms of results.

When Sam was brought in we knew after the mess Roeder et al all left behind that things would take time. I remember most people saying that this season would be a solidifying one, a time where we regroup and work on where we've gone wrong.

Theres nothing to worry about right now and of course you're entitled to complain after matches, I love to whinge every now and then but to call for the managers head is about as knee jerk as it gets.

Wake up and realise that sacking managers has got us nowhere and even takes us backwards. Just grow some balls and stick it out for a season then make your decision.

We've changed evertything to do with NUFC this season except the fucking impatient fans which unfortunately seem likely to plague the club for a long time yet.

We just don't have enough quality players atm. Sure, we've been let down by some poor performances but we've also done well against the better teams (Everton, Spurs and Villa come to mind). Just look at Everton today. Deserved a point at Old Trafford. Held their own, scored a nice goal and then defended resolutely for 60 mins until a daft mistake gave the point away. But, we beat them, and deservedly so as well. We expect too much from the team atm, imo.

We just don't have enough quality players atm. Sure, we've been let down by some poor performances but we've also done well against the better teams (Everton, Spurs and Villa come to mind). Just look at Everton today. Deserved a point at Old Trafford. Held their own, scored a nice goal and then defended resolutely for 60 mins until a daft mistake gave the point away. But, we beat them, and deservedly so as well. We expect too much from the team atm, imo.

Seriously mate some of the defeats and draws this year against shocking relegation fodder have been unbarable

I know mate, but it was always going to be an inconsistent year, a transition year. People need to thing about the bigger picture and remember that we weren't going to be challenging for much anyway. We weren't going to be challenging even if we had appointed a different manager eg. Sven.

Patience and belief. Keep the faith!

Guest Knightrider

transition season, results will spike, shouldn't expect better than mid table etc.

[panic] God, oh God, why WHY WHY are we so bad. I just can't take it anymore: the pain of seeing us serve up shit week in and week out is just tearing up my insides :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: [/panic]

...So umm... Yeah, back Big Sam till the summer I guess.

I don't understand.

You're on, what, 26 points and all is doom, the manager must go.

Yet Villa are only on 3 more, Blackburn 1 more and Everton and Portsmouth 4 more, and they're all supposed to be having good seasons. So how does that work then?

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing shite and NOT getting points.

I think the problem is that a lot of people here were coming up with wildly optimistic predictions at the start of the season - top four, top five, neither of which were ever going to happen .

If the club was as fucked up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

I don't understand.

Yet Villa are only on 3 more, Blackburn 1 more and Everton and Portsmouth 4 more, and they're all supposed to be having good seasons. So how does that work then?

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing shite and NOT getting points.

I think the problem is that a lot of people here were coming up with wildly optimistic predictions at the start of the season - top four, top five, neither of which were ever going to happen .

If the club was as fucked up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

Absolutely spot on

I don't understand.

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing s**** and NOT getting points.

If the club was as f***** up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

very well said.

I don't understand.

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing s**** and NOT getting points.

If the club was as f***** up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

No other team will lose to Derby all season. That in itself is hugely distressing.