Alan Smith

tmonkey

Smith is average.  Not as bad as some of you make out.

Depends what you mean by average. He's not a Premiership player in a month of Sundays.

I actually think he's a better-than-average player considering his work rate, physicality, decent all-around technique etc. Purely based on aggregate individual ability he's probably better than the average Premiership player.

He just doesn't have a position. He can't play as a striker because Ferguson's failed experiment and a career-threatening injury completely ruined his goal-scoring instinct, can't play as an attacking midfielder because he doesn't have the vision, and can't play as a hard-tackling defensive midfielder because he was never properly programmed with the requisite defensive skillset.

If he wants to be a valuable asset to any Premiership side, his best bet is to stay at Striker and train intensively in shooting so he can get that spark back. For now, he's a classic example of "jack of all trades, master of none."

so very, very full of shit.

Smith is average.  Not as bad as some of you make out.

Depends what you mean by average. He's not a Premiership player in a month of Sundays.

I actually think he's a better-than-average player considering his work rate, physicality, decent all-around technique etc. Purely based on aggregate individual ability he's probably better than the average Premiership player.

He just doesn't have a position. He can't play as a striker because Ferguson's failed experiment and a career-threatening injury completely ruined his goal-scoring instinct, can't play as an attacking midfielder because he doesn't have the vision, and can't play as a hard-tackling defensive midfielder because he was never properly programmed with the requisite defensive skillset.

If he wants to be a valuable asset to any Premiership side, his best bet is to stay at Striker and train intensively in shooting so he can get that spark back. For now, he's a classic example of "jack of all trades, master of none."

so very, very full of s***.

Let me rephrase that.

His goal-scoring ability/First touch in front of goal is better than that of the average midfielder.

His passing ability/vision/defensive instinct is better than that of the average striker.

So aggregating everything, he's better than average. Unfortunately, when you look at those abilities individually none of them are good enough to excel in their respective positions.

And before you say how that's "meaningless because he's still s***," I'm not implying that he's good or anything. Just that it's kind of unfortunate because he's been f***** over developmentally.

Let me pull one from the NE5 playbook.

" mackems.gif"

f***** over developmentally???

HE'S s****!!!

He's a s**** midfielder, a s**** forward, and s**** footballer.

He can f*** off, the sooner the better.

Do you always sit on the fence when it comes to Smith?

f***** over developmentally???

HE'S s****!!!

He's a s**** midfielder, a s**** forward, and s**** footballer.

He can f*** off, the sooner the better.

Do you always sit on the fence when it comes to Smith?

That was me being on the KIND side of he fence.

I know you've seen him play, and i know you're not fucking daft. You know i'm right, on this occasion.

I know you've seen him play, and i know you're not f****** daft. You know i'm right, on this occasion.

I know you're right, I was taking the piss.   :lol: You might hate him more than Wullie does.

Guest sittingontheball

I just wish the national media would have a go at him. They find derision in lots of other things about the toon, but when it comes to Smith its just always gives 100% blah blah, fully (??) recovered from nightmare injury blah blah. Not a word about his non-performances or their impact on our ball-retention.

I know you've seen him play, and i know you're not f****** daft. You know i'm right, on this occasion.

I know you're right, I was taking the piss.   :lol: You might hate him more than Wullie does.

I'll be hoest, mate, beyond the comedy pessism in general, i do hate the cunt.

He cost us a lot of money, due to a manager who was way over his head. And he's PROVEN himself to be not even good eough for the relegation battlers we now are.

He's one of half a dozen - maybe even 8 -  minimum of the first team who aren't good enough to push on for the top 6.

I just wish the national media would have a go at him. They find derision in lots of other things about the toon, but when it comes to Smith its just always gives 100% blah blah, fully (??) recovered from nightmare injury blah blah. Not a word about his non-performances or their impact on our ball-retention.

"Alan Smith roars that he has the attitude to fight a relegation battle"......ITS PARTLY YOUR FAULT, YOU CUNT!!!! YOU'RE SHIT!!!!

He does give 100% but a 100% of shite is still shite.

I'll be hoest, mate, beyond the comedy pessism in general, i do hate the c***.

He cost us a lot of money, due to a manager who was way over his head. And he's PROVEN himself to be not even good eough for the relegation battlers we now are.

He's one of half a dozen - maybe even 8 -  minimum of the first team who aren't good enough to push on for the top 6.

I don't hate him but I would rather he was somewhere else, to say he's poor is an understatement.

yeah, he's s***, nobody's disagreeing with you. 

try not to have a stroke like.  ;D

I'll not have a stroke, not yet anyway.

Not you, 'was talking about NM.

...Not that I'd want you to have a stroke either mate.

yeah, he's shit, nobody's disagreeing with you. 

A stroke is not brought on by typing swearwords. You are one of them that takes the written word literally, yes?

A stroke also wouldn't be bought on by someone being as genuinely angry as you assume i was. Anger is not even recognised as a minor or even registered cause of strokes.

yeah, he's s***, nobody's disagreeing with you. 

A stroke is not brought on by typing swearwords. You are one of them that takes the written word literally, yes?

A stroke also wouldn't be bought on by someone being as genuinely angry as you assume i was. Anger is not even recognised as a minor or even registered cause of strokes.

are you sure that's my problem :rolleyes:

Guest AussieNUFC

why doesn't smith drop himself.

*He is terribly out of form

*He doesn't even want the ball- just gives the ball up over and over again

*His teamates won't pass the ball to him unless in desperation- almost in protest in his selection

If I were a player who was not giving the team anything, I would tell the gaffer that put someone in the has some quailty. ie Martins

if he can't admit to his patethic form and selection, his a selfish prick who resigning his team to relagation.

Guest iliketoonarmy

*His teamates won't pass the ball to him unless in desperation- almost in protest in his selection

If I were a player who was not giving the team anything, I would tell the gaffer that put someone in the has some quailty. ie Martins

if he can't admit to his patethic form and selection, his a selfish prick who resigning his team to relagation.

Smith doesn't pick the team,but Keegan does tbh.

Smith doesn't pick the team,but Keegan does tbh.

No, but he can say "Look gaffer, I'm not on top of my game and I know the boys are grumbling. How about sticking me in the stiffs for a week or two?"

christ sake if he keeps on starting the games I promise I'll carry him off the field myself. You just get the kleinbus outside the SJP ready.

Guest Hodgson09

Seriously needs to be dropped for our next game he offers nothing but a potential yellow or red card. Crap player.