Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest toonlass

The sad thing about Viduka is that, whilst he is a lazy fat bastard, attitude may stink etc. if we were to create a decent half chance I would have more confidence in him burying it than any of our other players at the moment.

This! Michael Owen looks terrible at the moment.

I can understand picking players who have a great attitude - you need everyone giving 100% in a scrap for survival. But euqally it's stupid to cut your nose off to spite your face. If Viduka's fit he should be used. It's Premiership survival for fucks sake.

I would imagine KK is doing what he thinks gives the club the best chance of Premier League survival. I can see where people are coming from re: Viduka too. I'd have him on the bench at least.

When scoring goals is a problem it's best to keep all options available. Viduka's goals saved boro last year iirc, to me it would be sensible to use him now, then get shot in the summer. It could be that he's being a cunt though and declaring himself unfit with this or that niggle.

£6m. Incredible. What's most incredible is everyone, well not quite everyone but he's ran off with his tail between his legs, knew Smith was a woefully inadequate footballer when we signed him. And we still spent that on him.

What can we do to let KK know we are sick to death of Smith and NEVER want to see him play for us again. That we dont give a fuck how honest and committed he is, we just DONT GIVE A FUCK.

OUT!

so if there is this mad clause, so what if he doesnt play - will he get a free transfer or something?

Contract is until 2012.  4 more years of it?  Does it bear thinking about?

What's he on, 50k a week?.  at 40 paid weeks and 4 more years that's 50k * 160 or £8m.  if 50,000 fans all donated £160 we could see if Mike Ashley would listen to offers to buy out his contract. 

I'm down for it.

smith on form again today back in his midfield lampard esq role. must5 have made 90 challenges and his passes and runs into the box impeccable. on this form im glad it looks like theres a clause. who needs emre. what a player

Almost makes the blow of potential relegation easier to take knowing c***s like Smith would be off.

I reckon he'd make a good championship player tbh

he has looked finished since his injury i would have taken him for 6mill 5 years ago but now he looks like a wigan/birmingham/ chapionship player

Guest sittingontheball

I reckon Butt would be all right alongside a playmaker.  Trouble is Smith gives it to him to do something, and then trots off nowhere in particular. If Butt just had to break up play, he'd serve a purpose.

What is incredible is that Smith's a forward, but makes no impact going forward from midfield.

GIVE HIM TO LEEDS.