Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest Erich von Manstein

Talking of Wor Al, reckon he's got a bit of a cold 2nite.

iii m8 he myt lyk

Guest Scorpius

I think we're all being a bit too harsh on Smith, he hasn't had enough games up front to judge him fairly, give him a chance.

:iamatwat:

You kid, you kid.......surely..

Either way, if Cacapa & Faye have managed to bundle one over the line at some point this season there is no  excuse for Smith. Even Mr. Let's Try a Frank Lampard Style Long Shot From 25 Yards and It'll Go a Mile Over (catchy nickname huh) Nicky Butt has scored twice this season.

:lol:

b******, what gave it away?

smith did well today by all accounts

Not by mine and I was there. At least Owen missed a few chances. Smith's not even had a chance yet this entire season where I've thought "he should have scored there." That's how bad he is.

You kid, you kid.......surely..

Either way, if Cacapa & Faye have managed to bundle one over the line at some point this season there is no  excuse for Smith. Even Mr. Let's Try a Frank Lampard Style Long Shot From 25 Yards and It'll Go a Mile Over (catchy nickname huh) Nicky Butt has scored twice this season.

:lol:

b******, what gave it away?

:lol: A part of me reckons HTL would still say something like that.

Not by mine and I was there. At least Owen missed a few chances. Smith's not even had a chance yet this entire season where I've thought "he should have scored there." That's how bad he is.

Should have scored that header iyam.

Should have scored that header iyam.

Touché. :lol:

“You can’t get enough Alan Smiths around your club. They’re good people to have. They come in every day, train properly, set good standards and have a bit of character. I like him a lot.” Keegan today in the Chron

rest of the quotes

apologies if its been posted:

-----------------

Newcastle boss Keegan confident Smith will win over fans

March 01, 2008

Newcastle United boss Kevin Keegan remains confident Alan Smith will soon hit the goal trail.

The 27-year-old Yorkshireman has yet to score for United in 28 appearances since he arrived at St James's Park in a £6m move from Manchester United in the close season.

Before yesterday's defeat by Blackburn Rovers, Keegan told the Evening Chronicle: "If it was about honesty, determination and hard work, then Alan Smith would have scored three or four goals for us now.

"But I think he's only really had one chance, and that was a half-chance. We haven't created enough for him.

"It would be nice for him to score. I'd love to see him get a goal because he deserves to from his endeavour, honesty and work rate.

"You can't get enough Alan Smiths around your club. They're good people to have. They come in every day, train properly, set good standards and have a bit of character. I like him a lot."

His lack of goals, and the fact that he never had a settled position under Allardyce, has meant that Smith has yet to win over the fans - but Keegan is convinced he will.

The United boss added: "The thing is, he'll probably start scoring a goal or two on the back of his endeavour and then they'll love him.

"You'd love him to be a fans' favourite because he should be, but fans will see what they see."

i will support Keegan till the end, but he's digging his own grave by bigging up Smith, Barton, Butt and Duff.. i know they're all experienced and stuff and we don't have many options, but these players are the core of the dysfunctional attacking play and they must go in the summer if we are to have any improvement next season..

Guest iliketoonarmy

i will support Keegan till the end, but he's digging his own grave by bigging up Smith, Barton, Butt and Duff.. i know they're all experienced and stuff and we don't have many options, but these players are the core of the dysfunctional attacking play and they must go in the summer if we are to have any improvement next season..

Sadly Keegan is no Mourinho or even Ramos.

"If it was about honesty, determination and hard work, then Alan Smith would have scored three or four goals for us now.

"But I think he's only really had one chance, and that was a half-chance. We haven't created enough for him.

"It would be nice for him to score. I'd love to see him get a goal because he deserves to from his endeavour, honesty and work rate.

honesty and hard work outside the box won't get you goals Kev. You have to get in there and strike a shot. Or make a run towards goal not the corner flag. These things will help.

Oh FFS. By that standard Mother Terese would have been the best striker in the world.

"The thing is, he'll probably start scoring a goal or two on the back of his endeavour and then they'll love him.

Even if he scores a goal or two, which seems very unlikely, people will still realise it isn't anywhere near enough for a striker of a club who should be fighting for European football..

"You can't get enough Alan Smiths around your club"   :undecided:

Haven't you heard? We're bringing back former Arsenal striker Alan Smith to help the strikers, while ex-Palace boss Alan Smith is coming in to work alongside Hughton to sort the defence out.

It's got to the stage now where I think it's pointless moaning about the team selection. 9 games left and we'll just have to hope Smith can do a David Kelly somewhere, even if it goes in off his arse. Maybe Duff can score with his elbow and Barton can sneak one in with his hand. About time he put his fists to some productive use.

We had this out with the fan boys earlier in the season, what does he offer the team when we're on the attack pushing for a goal? From what I've seen so far I'd say fuck all is a reasonable answer.

It's got to the stage now where I think it's pointless moaning about the team selection. 9 games left and we'll just have to hope Smith can do a David Kelly somewhere, even if it goes in off his arse. Maybe Duff can score with his elbow and Barton can sneak one in with his hand. About time he put his fists to some productive use.

Oh well, maybe he'll be more productive in the Championship..

Oh well, maybe he'll be more productive in the Championship..

And to think last time he went down, Man Utd were daft enough to pay £7m for him.

We had this out with the fan boys earlier in the season, what does he offer the team when we're on the attack pushing for a goal? From what I've seen so far I'd say fuck all is a reasonable answer.

Seem to have gone a bit quiet mate, still waiting for one of them to pop up with the old "not all forwards are there to score goals you know, so clueless etc etc....".

We had this out with the fan boys earlier in the season, what does he offer the team when we're on the attack pushing for a goal? From what I've seen so far I'd say f*** all is a reasonable answer.

Seem to have gone a bit quiet mate, still waiting for one of them to pop up with the old "not all forwards are there to score goals you know, so clueless etc etc....".

Don't hold your breath.. They're avoiding this thread like the plague until (some time next year or the year after) he will score a goal for us which will prompt them to come out to say I told you so.. ;)