Alan Smith

tmonkey

I can't see Smith going anywhere.

He'll be used in the Carling Cup, against much lesser teams in the FA Cup and I can honestly see him turning into a Carr/Babayaro type player who will probably either rot away in the reserves or be sent out on loan until his contract expires simply due to his wages and Keegan seeing him for what he is.

I can see Keegan starting him in the game against Everton.

To be honest, i think there are still quite a few managers in the premier league who would take a punt at Smith. I think a few will still rate him, afterall they havent seen him as much as us. Im sure before the Derby, Keane mentioned him being one of our "quality" players.

Wouldnt be suprised if the Mackems took him tbh

To be honest, i think there are still quite a few managers in the premier league who would take a punt at Smith. I think a few will still rate him, afterall they havent seen him as much as us. Im sure before the Derby, Keane mentioned him being one of our "quality" players.

Wouldnt be suprised if the Mackems took him tbh

That'll be class, give them Carr and Duff while their at it :D

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_3498803,00.html

Alan Smith's agent has rejected reports linking the Newcastle man with a move to Rangers.

Recent reports have suggested Rangers are lining up a swoop for England international Smith in the summer.

Rumours over a possible switch to Ibrox for Smith intensified over the weekend after the former Leeds and Manchester United star was spotted at at the Old Firm derby.

Smith's representative Alex Black has played down the rumours and says the player is happy at St James' Park.

Happy

"Alan has no intention of leaving Newcastle, he is happy at the club," Black told skysports.com

"All this Rangers talk has come about because he was at a couple of their games.

"It was just a coincidence as Alan got tickets for the Old Firm game and he went with a few friends to experience a Rangers v Celtic game as he is a football fan.

"Alan is not thinking about anything else but coming back fresh for next season and helping Newcastle to success."

Guest Mucky01

translated as: As his agent I get a big cut of Alan Smiths wages so we will not be pursuing a move to Rangers as it will mean we will both get a quarter of what we are on now if we stay put.

If he is anything more than 5th choice next striker I won't be happy, infact make that 6th choice because Carroll must be worth a shot over this waste of space.

Öh Carroll fifth choice?!

Carroll is a far better player than Smith. In my book I would consider as a fourth choice in the reserve team, slightly before Ameobi.

Think new striker should be the first choice between him and Viduka. Then I really don´t count Oba and Micky in the same pot as the targets viduka and Carroll.

Hope Carroll will get more games next season. Viduka starts to be old and Carroll is looks exiting. This is also the reason why I want a new first-choice-target.