Alan Smith

tmonkey

Milton Keynes Dons are delighted to announce the arrival of Newcastle United midfielder Alan Smith on loan until the end of the season.

The former Manchester United and Leeds star met up with Dons boss Karl Robinson at stadiummk to put pen to paper on Sunday afternoon while his new team mates continued their preparations for the League 1 home game against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday evening.

Smith, joining on a standard loan deal which will make him eligible for the play-offs if required, began his career as a striker but during his time at Manchester United and Newcastle he has occupied a central midfield role.

Boss Robinson had revealed earlier this month that he had his eyes on a 'marquee signing' and with Smith's illustrious career record he believes his has stuck to his word.

Speaking to mkdons.com Robinson said: "Alan Smith is a player of great quality and I am delighted we have been able to get this deal over the line. He has played for three of the great English teams in Leeds, Manchester United and Newcastle, and has a Premier League, Carling Cup and Championship title to his name.

"His talent is undoubted and the experience he will bring into the dressing room is unrivalled. I truly believe adding his character to our team could be the difference in helping us achieve our promotion ambitions.

"This is certainly a signing that will raise a few people's eyebrows, but having spoken to Alan I know he is determined to help make MK Dons a Championship Club. I am really excited about seeing Alan Smith in an MK Dons shirt, he will fit in to our style of football and will add another element to our front four.

"It would like to publically thank Alan Pardew and Newcastle United for going the extra mile to help us complete this deal."

:lol::lol::lol:

If we actually gave the lad a chance he would make us a Championship club too.

..and will add another element to our front four.

I feel sorry for their fans if they really want to use him as a striker.  :lol:

I would rather play him as a striker than DM, at least then the free kicks he needlessly gives away won't be on the edge of the area.

I can remember 1 decent game by him.  Arsenal at home.

That's it.

He had some in the Championship.

Imagine if Hughton would have played Butt instead of Smith.

Aston Villa (6-0 win) springs to my mind as well.

I wonder if MK Dons fans are looking here for opinions ;D

If so, unlucky lads. You'll find out soon enough!

Milton Keynes Dons are delighted to announce the arrival of Newcastle United midfielder Alan Smith on loan until the end of the season.

The former Manchester United and Leeds star met up with Dons boss Karl Robinson at stadiummk to put pen to paper on Sunday afternoon while his new team mates continued their preparations for the League 1 home game against Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday evening.

Smith, joining on a standard loan deal which will make him eligible for the play-offs if required, began his career as a striker but during his time at Manchester United and Newcastle he has occupied a central midfield role.

Boss Robinson had revealed earlier this month that he had his eyes on a 'marquee signing' and with Smith's illustrious career record he believes his has stuck to his word.

Speaking to mkdons.com Robinson said: "Alan Smith is a player of great quality and I am delighted we have been able to get this deal over the line. He has played for three of the great English teams in Leeds, Manchester United and Newcastle, and has a Premier League, Carling Cup and Championship title to his name.

"His talent is undoubted and the experience he will bring into the dressing room is unrivalled. I truly believe adding his character to our team could be the difference in helping us achieve our promotion ambitions.

"This is certainly a signing that will raise a few people's eyebrows, but having spoken to Alan I know he is determined to help make MK Dons a Championship Club. I am really excited about seeing Alan Smith in an MK Dons shirt, he will fit in to our style of football and will add another element to our front four.

"It would like to publically thank Alan Pardew and Newcastle United for going the extra mile to help us complete this deal."

:lol::lol::lol:

If we actually gave the lad a chance he would make us a Championship club too.

Went to check a MK Dons forum and this post was quoted

http://www.thezonemk.co.uk/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=107&t=6078

like a boss  :memeyeah:

Think he'll do well for them in all honesty, its below his level, and should they make the CCC he'll be an important player for them scrapping to stay in the division - which is his true level.

I know we don´t save much money on this, but it´s the symbolism that does it for me.

Are there anyone left now of the Babayaro, Butt, Viduka, Duff, Smith-ilk of players in our squad?

Im marking this down as a big milestone in the clubs modern history.

Ameobi.

As far from my comparison as possible. Touche.

The fact that he will never don the NUFC shirt again makes this the best loan deal in the history of football. The fact we are paying most of his wages is irrelevant. Let's be honest, most of us would have paid him more if it made him go away.

Speaking of which, I saw this on the M1, obviously being used to collect the rest of the cash they need to pay him.

http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8610/mkdons.jpg

Good luck Smudge, you're a decent enough bloke, but shite at football.

The fact that he will never don the NUFC shirt again makes this the best loan deal in the history of football. The fact we are paying most of his wages is irrelevant. Let's be honest, most of us would have paid him more if it made him go away.

Speaking of which, I saw this on the M1, obviously being used to collect the rest of the cash they need to pay him.

I know he's injured a lot.  But the Red Cross?