Alan Smith

tmonkey

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

/thread

dave, please delete this comment and let ^this serve as the last thing ever said about this prat's time here.

I've been doing everything that a footballer would be doing, other than the most important bit which obviously is playing on a Saturday afternoon unfortunately. I understand the reasons why, I spoke to the manager - I had a good relationship with him - and Newcastle are changing their philosophy and their approach to football in terms of buying younger players, integrating them into the first team squad and so on so I can totally understand where they were coming from.

I stayed at Newcastle as long as I thought I had an opportunity to play and I'd be needed. Obviously that opportunity didn't come and that's why I took the decision to come to MK Dons. It's disappointing if people think that about you [sitting there just picking up wages] because anybody who knows me knows that's not the case. You never want to give up on what you believe you are good enough to do. At the end of the day everyone's in football because they love it, well I hope they are and I know I certainly am and that won't change until I retire.

I probably was the best paid cheerleader in the country, the manager used to say 'I need you to come into the dressing room on Saturday and get the lads ready for a game', and although it was difficult not playing there were players I used to give advice to and try and motivate them to win for Newcastle. I have never been selfish as a player or person.

My contract's up in the summer, I spoke to the manager about that and he actually wanted me to stay and be part of the coaching staff for the academy, he said that would be an option if I didn't want to continue playing. I'd love to be a manager at some point, if possible.

One of the funniest moments i can remember with Smith was on the final day of the 2007/08 season.

We lost 3-1 to Everton and the players came over to clap the supporters.

They all chucked their shirts into the crowd, including Smith. Who's shirt was hoyed straight back at him, much to everyone's amusement and his disgust :lol:

Sums up his time here tbh

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I will say that whenever I went to watch the reserves he was standing watch them too, can't think of many of our players that have shown that sort of interest in the club before.

One of the funniest moments i can remember with Smith was on the final day of the 2007/08 season.

They all chucked their shirts into the crowd, including Smith. Who's shirt was hoyed straight back at him, much to everyone's amusement and his disgust :lol:

:lol: Ouch.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Birmingham-want-Alan-Smith-on-Bosman-when-Newcastle-contract-expires-article859491.html

Birmingham are eyeing Alan Smith on a summer Bosman after failing to get him off MK Dons.

The former Leeds and Manchester United striker has just joined the League One side until the end of the season, when his Newcastle contract runs out.

Blues management duo Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood worked with Smith, now a midfielder, at St James' Park and like his aggressive edge.

But Smith had already given his word to Dons and refused to break his pledge.

Even Hughton gave up on him in the Championship. Be astonished if they go after him.

Fan throws Cena's Shirt back at him - Raw 8/22/11

Guest neesy111

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Birmingham-want-Alan-Smith-on-Bosman-when-Newcastle-contract-expires-article859491.html

Birmingham are eyeing Alan Smith on a summer Bosman after failing to get him off MK Dons.

The former Leeds and Manchester United striker has just joined the League One side until the end of the season, when his Newcastle contract runs out.

Blues management duo Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood worked with Smith, now a midfielder, at St James' Park and like his aggressive edge.

Even Hughton gave up on him in the Championship. Be astonished if they go after him.

Played 31 games mind.

Played 31 games mind.

Blimey, didn't realise it was that much.

Guest neesy111

Played 31 games mind.

Blimey, didn't realise it was that much.

Same.

If Smith was on the coaching staff here he'd be the new Terry Mac - Chief Morale Operator and Cone Putterouterer.

Similar was said about Lee Clark until he left and went on to be a pretty decent young manager. Smith could turn out to be a decent coach/manager one day. Quite a few top managers were pretty poor players.

Some folk have short memories.

Smith and a couple of others are the reason we're in the premier league. Ok, his attitude outweighs his talent. I wish him well and would be glad to see him here in the future in a "terry mac" role.

Smith and a couple of others are the reason we're in the premier league.

wat

It's not difficult.

We all know the craic, the the club went to Ireland in the summer of '09 words were said, players left etc. Smith played his heart out in the championship. You could arge that's his true level. Who cares? We're a premier leage club again and this lad played a big part in it.

Smith and a couple of others are the reason we're in the premier league. Ok, his attitude outweighs his talent. I wish him well and would be glad to see him here in the future in a "terry mac" role.

Hi Smudger.

:lol: What drivel.