Alan Smith

tmonkey

Yes a terrible signing, but never really understand this "he's a prick/w*****" stuff.

Every manager who we've had in his time here has praised his attitude.

More to do with the fact he's leached off us I think rather than his personality.

Guest BooBoo

Yes a terrible signing, but never really understand this "he's a prick/w*****" stuff.

More to do with the fact he's leached off us I think rather than his personality.

The blame there lies with the idiotic decision to award a player who was clearly hampered by a horrendous injury, a lengthy lucrative contract.

As fans we all get very high and mighty about demanding players to be honourable and move if they're not playing but if I'm honest I wouldn't. If I was getting paid a fortune and was offered a job where it was more work for a slice of my current wage I'd be "no thanks."

The blame there lies with the idiotic decision to award a player who was clearly hampered by a horrendous injury, a lengthy lucrative contract.

As fans we all get very high and mighty about demanding players to be honourable and move if they're not playing but if I'm honest I wouldn't. If I was getting paid a fortune and was offered a job where it was more work for a slice of my current wage I'd be "no thanks."

Yeah, but then people would think you were a prick too. Regardless of whether its right or wrong, people are always going to be pissed off knowing he's sitting on a contract leaching the clubs money when he could move.

And to be honest, I'm not suprised fans get high and mighty to be honest, there are people who cant afford the £50quid a month to go to games - £50 per month! Yet this tosser is picking up £60k a week for 5 years knowing full well he's not going to be playing. Where's the love for the game? Where's his desire to play football? Its no wonder people think he is an utter cunt.

Guest BooBoo

And to be honest, I'm not suprised fans get high and mighty to be honest, there are people who cant afford the £50quid a month to go to games - £50 per month! Yet this tosser is picking up £60k a week for 5 years knowing full well he's not going to be playing. Where's the love for the game? Where's his desire to play football? Its no wonder people think he is an utter cunt.

It's very easy to say that, if you were in such a position it might not be as straightforward.

Absolutely no doubt that Smith is our worst signing ever. He cost us more than 20 million on fee and wages. Naturally I was against signing him at the time but I doubt anyone could've predicted how shit he was for us.

Think of all the games we had to rely on this obvious conman to play at least fucking adequately. I remember I was counting the amount of times his errors would directly cost us a goal during the relegation season. Was something like 8-9 goals conceded because he missed a pass, failed to control the ball, pointlessly hackled people on the edge of the box.. I get depressed even thinking about that.. Thankfully the days of such nightmare transfers are behind us.

And to be honest, I'm not suprised fans get high and mighty to be honest, there are people who cant afford the £50quid a month to go to games - £50 per month! Yet this tosser is picking up £60k a week for 5 years knowing full well he's not going to be playing. Where's the love for the game? Where's his desire to play football? Its no wonder people think he is an utter c***.

It's very easy to say that, if you were in such a position it might not be as straightforward.

I'm not arguing whether he should or shouldnt have done it, i'm just saying why people think he's a cock.

Guest Haris Vuckic

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3800000/Animated-GIFs-flight-of-the-conchords-3809583-412-333.gif?1339094385414

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/3800000/Animated-GIFs-flight-of-the-conchords-3809590-490-287.gif

Agreed, I'm glad he's gone though.

He was crap...must have known last year that he had no way of pinning down a team place on a football level and yet still clung to wages that are to no benefit to any other party than him...clubs fault to a large degree yes, but that doesn't absolve him of his part...especially when he was offered ways out.

Guest BooBoo

He did go out on loan like tbf. His wages and the clear fact that he was passed it meant he was basically unbuyable.

• 2 weeks later...