Damien Duff - needs a cut

NSG

Well the wait may have been worth it then should definetly be allowed to start for the Wigan game just because he has scored 2 in the behind closed door games and was like a breath of fresh air when he finally came on today (although in my opinion 10-15 mins too late)

Certainly wasn't fantastic, in my view. Not bad - he gave us a few new options and some energy - but he made more than one bad decision in his time on the pitch, wasting initiative and possession.

Needs a hair cut.

Fantastic in his 20 mins today.

You really think he was "fantastic"?

His crossing was as bad as it was when he was fully fit for us (scuffed with no accuracy), as was the dithering when he was in a good position.

But theres no doubting that hes a player with natural ability and the consistency in that ability to complement it, far more so than NZogbia and Milner. Just have to hope that he gets his confidence back, and starts driving at defenders, attacking space, and starts shooting/crossing more like the Duff of old, since we really need someone like that at the moment.

Needs a hair cut.

His crossing was as bad as it was when he was fully fit for us (scuffed with no accuracy), as was the dithering when he was in a good position.

But theres no doubting that hes a player with natural ability and the consistency in that ability to complement it, far more so than NZogbia and Milner. Just have to hope that he gets his confidence back, and starts driving at defenders, attacking space, and starts shooting/crossing more like the Duff of old, since we really need someone like that at the moment.

one bad cross to be fair

He was okay, Milner was the best of an average midfield.  Barton wasn't effective in the least and was tackled from behind on a couple occasions because he was too slow on the ball.  At least two of them were on the break where he had a good amount of space to create something. 

Needs a hair cut.

Compared to the shot we have had out wide this season, yes. Match would have been very different had our other 'winger' not missed a sitter for the second successive home game.

The introduction of Duff and Emre lifted the team, both should start against Wigan with Milner, Butt, Martins and Viduka making up the rest of midfield and attack.

Milner was abysmal again today, he is in teh side due to the fact we have fuck all else. Sad times.

The introduction of Duff and Emre lifted the team, both should start against Wigan with Milner, Butt, Martins and Viduka making up the rest of midfield and attack.

Milner was abysmal again today, he is in teh side due to the fact we have f*** all else. Sad times.

abysmal is harsh, poor is the word i'd use. It's a word I use too often for Milner these days

Milner was abysmal again today, he is in teh side due to the fact we have f*** all else. Sad times.

abysmal is harsh, poor is the word i'd use. It's a word I use too often for Milner these days

Perhaps. That first touch in the first half when he should have shot was amusing rather than abysmal (or maybe both). His missed sitter was indeed abysmal though.

:jesuswept: , despite the fact its almost his birthday

has pissed me off so much the people on this forum ready to write him off, he'll show what a great player he is

Stand by for numerous people who said we didn't need him to do a u turn.

He was always signed as a player of a good age, for a good fee, with his best years in front of him. Injury permitting.