The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

All those saying "yea" how often do you watch him? I dont watch him but from what i have heard and read, Podolski has been poor. You cant buy a player because he is decent for his country otherwise Healy would be at a top club.

I know everyone wants new players but we should try and get any player that becomes available.

Brede Hangeland joins Fulham.

Weren't people touting him for us?

He's allright, Fulham paid  £4m for him, which is a lot of money for a player from a danish club. He's very tall and has good defensive skills, but he's slow as hell, even Viduka could beat him in a sprint.

He's not slow, he's just two meters tall, which makes him look far slower than he is. Roy Hodgson knows him well from his time at Viking. I don't think he'll save Fulham from relegation, though.

Jari Litmanen is training with Fulham.

Greatest Finnish player ever but he's getting a bit old (37 in Feb) and struggling with injuries. Hodgson says he's certain Litmanen can help them in relegation battle.

Interesting stuff :thup:

Greatest Finnish player ever but he's getting a bit old (37 in Feb) and struggling with injuries. Hodgson says he's certain Litmanen can help them in relegation battle.

What a class act that man has been over his career, it's a shame Houllier never played him more in his time over here. His game was never all about pace though, more how he was always a couple of moves ahead of everyone else on the pitch and his amazing close control and passing, could still be a good asset.

What a class act that man has been over his career, it's a shame Houllier never played him more in his time over here. His game was never all about pace though, more how he was always a couple of moves ahead of everyone else on the pitch and his amazing close control and passing, could still be a good asset.

champ man legend

He's allright, Fulham paid  £4m for him, which is a lot of money for a player from a danish club. He's very tall and has good defensive skills, but he's slow as hell, even Viduka could beat him in a sprint.

He's not slow, he's just two meters tall, which makes him look far slower than he is. Roy Hodgson knows him well from his time at Viking. I don't think he'll save Fulham from relegation, though.

rather had him than rozhendahl

rather had him than rozhendahl

agree. he has developed much the recent years and his technique is so much better now than when he played for viking. he has got enough pace in him as well, just looks slow because hes so lanky. waaay better than roz, actually id take him over cacapa as well considering his age.

Guest Harakka

german football has very similar rules to rugby - all the players have to be over 6 foot and you're not allowed to pass it forward.

Sorry OT, but can't help it. That's bulls**t. Bundesliga is a lot more entertaining than Premier League.

german football has very similar rules to rugby - all the players have to be over 6 foot and you're not allowed to pass it forward.

Sorry OT, but can't help it. That's bulls**t. Bundesliga is a lot more entertaining than Premier League.

;D ;D ;D

O-M-G...

agreed

How could anything be more entertaining than the game on Saturday?

;D ;D ;D

O-M-G...

i'd say that the quality of play is about the same.. too much running, too little football.. compared to Spain or South America, for example..

;D ;D ;D

O-M-G...

i'd say that the quality of play is about the same.. too much running, too little football.. compared to Spain or South America, for example..

the premier league is OVERRATED!

;D ;D ;D

O-M-G...

the premier league is OVERRATED!

Don't think so. There are still entertaining teams in the EPL, but in Germany it is a lot more about tactics (which will also increase in the EPL). You don't see home teams coming out like in England...