The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Guest MrSundlofer

Rade Prica signed for Sunderland?  :shepherd:

He won't score any goals for Sunderland, he guy from Sweden is really crap. and £2M?  :idiot2: I really can't belive it...

Eddie Johnson has joined Fulham.  Remember reading an article a few years ago in ESPN about how him & Oguchi Onyewu were American soccer next big things bluerazz.gif.  Eddie cant be as bad as Gooch.....can he?

Whats Gooch doing with himself these days? Completely forgotten about him.

How much have Sunderland now spent since coming up? Seems like a fortune. And most of it on ex-Man Utd players.

Be fun if they go down.

£39,000,000 ~ outlay.

Gahaha, that's ridiculous.

Eddie Johnson has joined Fulham.  Remember reading an article a few years ago in ESPN about how him & Oguchi Onyewu were American soccer next big things bluerazz.gif.  Eddie cant be as bad as Gooch.....can he?

Back at Standard Liege iirc.

Eddie Johnson has joined Fulham.  Remember reading an article a few years ago in ESPN about how him & Oguchi Onyewu were American soccer next big things bluerazz.gif.  Eddie cant be as bad as Gooch.....can he?

Back at Standard Liege iirc.

Aye.

http://www.standard.be/images/players/profile/20638.jpg

Didn't realise they bought Bardsley as well, a typical Championship signing. How did he do at Villa in a brief spell there?

Pretty poor at Villa from what I saw. Nothing but a Championship player.

Roy Keane is abysmal in the transfer market.

Didn't realise they bought Bardsley as well, a typical Championship signing. How did he do at Villa in a brief spell there?

Makes Souness look good.

Haha Rade Prica  ;D And we're complaining about strikers like Ameobi...

<Snip. Sorry, football clips are not allowed on the forum.>

Look at Prica. hope he plays against us :D

Pretty mediocre. MON opted to continue with no recognised RB rather than keep him.

Luis Fabiano close to signing for Man City

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3074757,00.html

Luis Fabiano has revealed an English club, believed to be Manchester City, are close to agreeing a deal for him.

The Brazilian, 27, is currently top-scorer in Spain with 13 goals but he could be ready to quit Seville for the Premier League.

Eriksson has been hunting the world for a top striker, but deals for Diego Milito, Fred, Afonso Alves, Djibril Cisse and Lukas Podolski have failed to materialise.

The Swede dispatched his scouts to track Fabiano and have seen him in five matches over the past month and now it appears a deal is in the offing.

Fabiano has confirmed to the Brazilian media that talks are at an 'advanced stage'.

"It would be very difficult to leave Seville," said Fabiano.

"But negotiations to go to England are at an advanced stage, but this is a great opportunity.

"I am very comfortable in Seville, it is a club and city I like a lot but with this great opportunity I will do what I feel is appropriate."

Fabiano is under contract with Sevilla until 2011 and has a huge 60 million euro (£44million) buy-out clause.

However, Fabiano situation is complicated by fact that Sevilla actually only own 35 per cent of the player.

Fabiano's representatives and an investment group own the rest of him and reports suggest that a deal worth 14 million euros (£10million) would be enough to take 'The Magician' to England.

The player added: "This is a very good offer and the investment group decided to negotiate.

Spurs are also believed to be keeping close tabs on the situation with Juande Ramos a known admirer of his former charge and Tottenham could yet make a rival bid.

Sevilla are yet to make a comment, but coach Manolo Jimenez, sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Monchi and president Jose Maria Del Nido are set for a meeting to discuss the situation.

Got 22 goals this season apparently, he's no Vassell tbh...but can anyone who has seen more of him than me tell me about him. What type of player is he (Compare him to someone who has played in England...?)

Luis Fabiano close to signing for Man City

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_3074757,00.html

Luis Fabiano has revealed an English club, believed to be Manchester City, are close to agreeing a deal for him.

The Brazilian, 27, is currently top-scorer in Spain with 13 goals but he could be ready to quit Seville for the Premier League.

Eriksson has been hunting the world for a top striker, but deals for Diego Milito, Fred, Afonso Alves, Djibril Cisse and Lukas Podolski have failed to materialise.

The Swede dispatched his scouts to track Fabiano and have seen him in five matches over the past month and now it appears a deal is in the offing.

Fabiano has confirmed to the Brazilian media that talks are at an 'advanced stage'.

"It would be very difficult to leave Seville," said Fabiano.

"But negotiations to go to England are at an advanced stage, but this is a great opportunity.

"I am very comfortable in Seville, it is a club and city I like a lot but with this great opportunity I will do what I feel is appropriate."

Fabiano is under contract with Sevilla until 2011 and has a huge 60 million euro (£44million) buy-out clause.

However, Fabiano situation is complicated by fact that Sevilla actually only own 35 per cent of the player.

Fabiano's representatives and an investment group own the rest of him and reports suggest that a deal worth 14 million euros (£10million) would be enough to take 'The Magician' to England.

The player added: "This is a very good offer and the investment group decided to negotiate.

Spurs are also believed to be keeping close tabs on the situation with Juande Ramos a known admirer of his former charge and Tottenham could yet make a rival bid.

Sevilla are yet to make a comment, but coach Manolo Jimenez, sporting director Ramon Rodriguez Monchi and president Jose Maria Del Nido are set for a meeting to discuss the situation.

Got 22 goals this season apparently, he's no Vassell tbh...but can anyone who has seen more of him than me tell me about him. What type of player is he (Compare him to someone who has played in England...?)

I don't like the bloke much personally, as he's a gangly sort with a bit of a rogue streak in him. I've seen him play a good number of times for Sevilla thanks to the wonders of Sky's relentless Spanish Football coverage. I would genuinely struggle to compare him to anyone of note in the Premiership, he strikes me as a unique sort of striker, who's big and powerful, but has a good touch and can run with the ball at his feet. Sort of like an Henry, but obviously not to that level of brilliance.

Is a frustrating sort of player in many ways, but when he's on form and if given the right service he'll score plenty of goals. I've seen him score all sorts of different goals, he's strong in the air and a powerful runner as well. Could be an inspired signing.

Rade Prica signed for Sunderland?  :shepherd:

He won't score any goals for Sunderland, he guy from Sweden is really crap. and £2M?  :idiot2: I really can't belive it...

Why is that? The guy was topscorer in the danish league last season with 19 goals, he was a playing a major part, when Aalborg qualified for the group stage in the UEFA cup and he scored 9 league goals in 16 league games so far this season.

Considering Fulham giving £4m for Hangeland from Copenhagen, £2m is a fair price for Prica....

It's just fucked that he choosed Mackems...