The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Ameobi would be good for you until you got promoted.

We already have Darius Henderson who is like that!

Totally off the topic, but does Sir Graham Taylor get seen at your matches much, GG?

Not that I know of, not mentioned on GH, nor have I seen him from the little I can see of the East Stand. We all know when Elton's there (songs etc.) so I'd guess there'd be the same for Taylor, but I don't think he's there too often. May be wrong though.

Our next signing should be Keith Lamb. How he persuades players to come to the Riverside is nothing short of magical. 

No it isn't, it is very simple.

Paul Merson outlined it on Sky recently when talking about someone who was rumoured to be joining Boro. Stelling (or similar Sky monkey) asked him why the mentioned player would consider Boro.

Merse said "For the same reason anyone goes there, for the money. That's why players go there. I know it is why I went".

Totally off the topic, but does Sir Graham Taylor get seen at your matches much, GG?

Not that I know of, not mentioned on GH, nor have I seen him from the little I can see of the East Stand. We all know when Elton's there (songs etc.) so I'd guess there'd be the same for Taylor, but I don't think he's there too often. May be wrong though.

Is he still loved?

We still love him, despite the poor second coming (pay attention, our Geordie friends ;) ).

He's at Scunthorpe matches more often than not.

Perhaps because they know that if he does become a hit at Boro, they could probably sign him in the summer for around about the same fee if the big four or someone else wants him. If he flops, then they don't miss out.

Hmm. I'm worried though. I don't want them to be good.

News just breaking on the Marca website is that Luis Fabiano has been quoted in the Brazilian press saying he's going nowhere mid-season. Heard anything about this Spectrum?

I heard him saying that he doesnt want to go, but he still might.

I'm not exactly sure whats happening...either he wants to leave (£££) but doesnt want to burn his bridges or he genuinely doesnt want to come and his agents are forcing his hands due to Tevez style part ownership.

Spurs and Newcastle rejected in favour of Birmingham.

Birmingham signing Zarate: I rejected Spurs, Newcastle

tribalfootball.com - January 25, 2008

Birmingham City loan signing Mauro Zarate has revealed he rejected two other Premier League clubs prior to opting for a move to the Midlands.

"There were other clubs interested just before I signed here," he said. "From England there was Tottenham and Newcastle, but I am happy with my choice."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=75683

OK, whatever.............

Boumsong's move to Lyon has been cancelled by Juventus after having passed his medical due to injuries and suspensions. Can only logically mean one thing, we've obviously hijacked the Mellberg deal. ;)

There's no way on earth we're going to let Mellberg go there before the summer.

We've got no RB, he has played there all season. Now you've gone and snatched Chimbonda from under our noses (muhahaha! ;) ) he'll have to play there for the rest of the season.

There is only one conclusion to draw. You have hijacked the Boumsong deal.

Amady Faye is actually joining Blackburn Rovers... international clearance permitting (he's played for Rangers & Charlton in the last 12 months.)

Can't believe that.

unbelivable that he's managed to find 3 clubs in a year