Today's Other Games

Decky

Just back from our game.

In spells today, we played as poorly as we have all season. We sat off them too much in the second half, too. However, for all their possession, Spurs didn't really create anything.

A few points

1. Laursen is IMMENSE. Excellent celebration, too.

2. Partnership with Curtis Davies is looking good.

3. Playing poorly and still winning = good.

4. Huddlestone = by far Spurs' best player.

5. Berbatov was a disgrace, he clearly wasn't arsed. Great player he may be, but when he spends whole chunks of the season moping about with his arse in his hands, it is time to cash in. Don't know if it came across on telly, but his body language today said it all.

6. Ashley Young - mediocre by his standards, but still some quality balls in.

7. Football matches at 5.20 on New Years Day = bad idea.

Berbatov was a disgrace, he clearly wasn't arsed. Great player he may be, but when he spends whole chunks of the season moping about with his arse in his hands, it is time to cash in. Don't know if it came across on telly, but his body language today said it all.

Have to say, he's looked like that loads of times when I've seen him.

Just back from our game.

In spells today, we played as poorly as we have all season. We sat off them too much in the second half, too. However, for all their possession, Spurs didn't really create anything.

A few points

1. Laursen is IMMENSE. Excellent celebration, too.

2. Partnership with Curtis Davies is looking good.

3. Playing poorly and still winning = good.

4. Huddlestone = by far Spurs' best player.

5. Berbatov was a disgrace, he clearly wasn't arsed. Great player he may be, but when he spends whole chunks of the season moping about with his arse in his hands, it is time to cash in. Don't know if it came across on telly, but his body language today said it all.

6. Ashley Young - mediocre by his standards, but still some quality balls in.

7. Football matches at 5.20 on New Years Day = bad idea.

Some of the set pieces were similar to the away game, i don't think you played too good today but you looked comfortable throughout the 90 minutes, i can't remember Tottenham ever having a sustained spell of pressure. You'll definately be in the mix for the UEFA spot come the end of the season.

Incidentally, we need to spend properly in this window, which  is crucial for us, but check out our remaining home games:

Reading

Blackburn

Newcastle

Boro

Sunderland

Bolton

Birmingham

Wigan

All of those are eminently winnable. If you then look at our away games to come, given our excellent away form (one defeat since February), I think we'll do OK and pick up some points there too:

Liverpool

Fulham

Reading

Arsenal

Portsmouth

Man U

Derby

Everton

Spammers

Incidentally, we need to spend properly in this window, which  is crucial for us, but check out our remaining home games:

Reading

Blackburn

Newcastle

Boro

Sunderland

Bolton

Birmingham

Wigan

All of those are eminently winnable.

Cheers mate :(

Reading

Blackburn

Newcastle

Boro

Sunderland

Bolton

Birmingham

Wigan

Soz mate. We're a bit unpredictable at home, so you never know.

Huddlestone would be a decent signing for us if Allardyce wants to go with a 4-3-3, he doesn't cover enough ground to make it in a team that plays 4-4-2 though.

see him as an outside bet for the england squad, the only obvious candidate who fits capello's criteria for big burly midfielder who can spray the passes about from deep.

Reading

Blackburn

Newcastle

Boro

Sunderland

Bolton

Birmingham

Wigan

Soz mate. We're a bit unpredictable at home, so you never know.

If you get that 4th spot ahead of Liverpool I shall come around and celebrate with you mate. It would make my fucking season to see Liverpool get nowt but a UEFA spot.

P.S. For any Pool fans reading, nothing personal, just pure jealousy at the fact that trophies are attracted to you like flies around shit.

Reading

Blackburn

Newcastle

Boro

Sunderland

Bolton

Birmingham

Wigan

All of those are eminently winnable. If you then look at our away games to come, given our excellent away form (one defeat since February), I think we'll do OK and pick up some points there too:

Liverpool

Fulham

Reading

Arsenal

Portsmouth

Man U

Derby

Everton

Spammers

Yep, exactly the reason why I'm backin you for 5th. You have the best set of 2nd half fixtures of anyone IMO.

How do you think you'll go with in defence from now on?

Yep, exactly the reason why I'm backin you for 5th. You have the best set of 2nd half fixtures of anyone IMO.

MON said ages ago that once Davies got the shirt, he expected him to hold on to it. He was excellent on Saturday and good again today. I see him and Laursen in central defence now.

Harsh on Mellberg, but we need a proper right back. I'm a fan of his, he has been with us for, what, six mostly shit years, he's very popular, but I wouldn't blame him at all if he took up this offer from Juventus at the end of the season.

MON said ages ago that once Davies got the shirt, he expected him to hold on to it. He was excellent on Saturday and good again today. I see him and Laursen in central defence now.

Harsh on Mellberg, but we need a proper right back. I'm a fan of his, he has been with us for, what, six mostly s*** years, he's very popular, but I wouldn't blame him at all if he took up this offer from Juventus at the end of the season.

Don't you think that if you got a right back that Laursen and Mellberg would be a phenomenal pairing though?

Harsh on Mellberg, but we need a proper right back. I'm a fan of his, he has been with us for, what, six mostly s*** years, he's very popular, but I wouldn't blame him at all if he took up this offer from Juventus at the end of the season.

Don't you think that if you got a right back that Laursen and Mellberg would be a phenomenal pairing though?

Yes, I do, but I think Mellberg will be off in the summer in any case, so it probably makes more sense to leave Davies there.

Laursen is a little bit like *crosses self* Paul McGrath in that it doesn't matter who plays alongside him, he is so good. Even Zat Knight (who I think is a toilet of a player) has looked pretty solid alongside him.

Oh, I forgot to say, extra clueless stuff frm the Spurs fans tonight, singing England's Number One at Robinson in one breath, then in the next singing about how Carson let his country down against Croatia, clearly forgetting the performance of the aforementioned in his appearance against Croatia.

Guest Knightrider

Spurs look no different under Ramos than they did under Jol. Sure results have improved but they just look the same to me. Regarding Berbatov, he's a quality player but nowhere near worth the money often being banded about and neither is he as good as the hype suggests, Robbie Keane is much better.

To Villa, unless MON spends some money in the transfer window I can't see them finishing in the top 6, they put huge amounts of energy and pace into games they are quickly becoming tired and badly need some fresh legs in midfield and attack, a goalscorer.

Once again I was impressed with Agbonlahor who keeps working those channels to great effect. That's what we need, someone who can stretch teams and work both flanks. Put a goalscorer alongside Agbonlahor and his pace, mobility and sheer running would create a lot of chances for that goalscorer.

Young disappointed again, he's clearly a good player too but very much like our own N'Zogbia he frustrates a lot. He's got a decent cross on him though. Give him a few years and he could be a very good player indeed.

Overall, I like what MON is doing at Villa and the team he's trying to build. Of all the chasing pack, he and Villa have the best chance of turning the top 4 into the top 5 long term if he gets some funds and can keep the likes of Agbonlahor and Young away from the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal et al which I'm sure they can.

Spurs look no different under Ramos than they did under Jol. Sure results have improved but they just look the same to me. Regarding Berbatov, he's a quality player but nowhere near worth the money often being banded about and neither is he as good as the hype suggests, Robbie Keane is much better.

To Villa, unless MON spends some money in the transfer window I can't see them finishing in the top 6, they put huge amounts of energy and pace into games they are quickly becoming tired and badly need some fresh legs in midfield and attack, a goalscorer.

Once again I was impressed with Agbonlahor who keeps working those channels to great effect. That's what we need, someone who can stretch teams and work both flanks. Put a goalscorer alongside Agbonlahor and his pace, mobility and sheer running would create a lot of chances for that goalscorer.

Young disappointed again, he's clearly a good player too but very much like our own N'Zogbia he frustrates a lot. He's got a decent cross on him though. Give him a few years and he could be a very good player indeed.

Overall, I like what MON is doing at Villa and the team he's trying to build. Of all the chasing pack, he and Villa have the best chance of turning the top 4 into the top 5 long term if he gets some funds and can keep the likes of Agbonlahor and Young away from the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal et al which I'm sure they can.

I think Villa AND Man City (depending on window) will push on in the 2nd half of the season.

He's a very good player already, to be fair. And you say "disappointed again" - when did he last disappoint?

He's a very good player already, to be fair. And you say "disappointed again" - when did he last disappoint?

Turned HTT down one night back in the summer of '63.

:laugh: