Wigan Athletic 1-0 Newcastle United - 26/12/07 - reaction from page 16

PM

for those who were there.

what was the fans reaction. at half time you could hear the booing on the radio. the away crowd are normally pissed and have a partizan "it might be shite but it's our shite" mentality but it seems like allardyce has even lost the backing of this partizanship.

what was the fans reaction. at half time you could hear the booing on the radio. the away crowd are normally pissed and have a partizan "it might be shite but it's our shite" mentality but it seems like allardyce has even lost the backing of this partizanship.

I've never seen the like away from home.

Some of the stuff that went on, not from a small minority of pissed up charvas either (some have temporarily escaped my memory, others will know):

Obviously chanting for Oba from about 15 minutes onwards

Shearer, Shearer - long, loud and persistent

Very loud booing when Allardyce picked up the ball when it went out of play  :lol:

Booing at half time and full time

Most tellingly, the vast majority for most of the second half: "We're shit and we're sick of it"

All totally justified too imo. Today went beyond the pale.

Newcastle boss Sam Allardyce had every sympathy with the fans who slated his side at the end of another miserable performance.

A 64th-minute Ryan Taylor free-kick consigned the Magpies to a 1-0 defeat to relegation-threatened Wigan that is likely to again put incredible pressure on Allardyce.

The 5,500 supporters who travelled to the JJB Stadium, and amongst them was owner Mike Ashley, made it clear about just how they felt after seeing the team conjure just one chance in 90 minutes.

With a few minutes remaining, the majority of the fans sang: "We're s***, and we're sick of it."

Allardyce agreed as he said: "You expect a reaction, and I don't blame the fans.

"If I was them I would be singing what they sang because we're not good enough.

"I'm a top man in my field and I know it's not good enough, so it doesn't take much for them to work out it's not good enough.

"They are not daft."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/07/12/26/SOCCER_Wigan_Quotes.html&TEAMHD=premiership

what was the fans reaction. at half time you could hear the booing on the radio. the away crowd are normally pissed and have a partizan "it might be s**** but it's our s****" mentality but it seems like allardyce has even lost the backing of this partizanship.

Some of the stuff that went on, not from a small minority of pissed up charvas either (some have temporarily escaped my memory, others will know):

Very loud booing when Allardyce picked up the ball when it went out of play  :lol:

Most tellingly, the vast majority for most of the second half: "We're s*** and we're sick of it"

ashley was in the crowd aswell.

i think it's a question of when rather than if.

Just back now, what a miserable day  >:( Yeah the team got booed off at half-time, quite right as well, it was awful. Big face also got booed in the second half when he caught the ball.

I've just looked at the rest of the fixtures as well, it doesn't look very good :weep:.

back about 20minutes ago

fat sam out - we are shite

viduka geremi and smith are the 3 worst signings so far

0 shots in 90 minutes against wigan athletic! - shite man, its just shite

I don't usually boo the team, but we played defensive against a shit team and didnt manage to create a chance all game. Totally shocking!! Please stop me from going to any more away games. Thats Derby and Wigan so far this season.

what was the fans reaction. at half time you could hear the booing on the radio. the away crowd are normally pissed and have a partizan "it might be s**** but it's our s****" mentality but it seems like allardyce has even lost the backing of this partizanship.

Most tellingly, the vast majority for most of the second half: "We're s*** and we're sick of it"

Did he join in?

Did he join in?

he paid £2million to paul macca to come up with the lyrics "we're shit and we're sick of it". then he started it

Explain how Viduka fits into that list.

explain how he doesnt?

just because he scored 2 goals v derby means hes good?

he does nothing for the team

explain how he doesnt?

and the team does nothing for him.

i see a pattern here

explain how he doesnt?

Scored 5 goals. Dunno where we'd be without him at times this season. Seems to be the only one who knows where the fucking goal is!

explain how he doesnt?

We punted long balls at him from minute one today and gave him no support.

There was a moment late on where Martins skinned the right back and burst into the box looking to pull it back on his left foot. Viduka was surrounded by three blue shirts, Milner was right over the far side and Emre and Smith were stood in the centre circle scratching their arse. 1-0 down with about 10 minutes left, we should have been piling forward. No support.

If you think a player like Mark Viduka is our problem, you've a lot to learn ffs.

viduka smith geremi barton rozehnal all look terrible footballers under allardyce, hes the most negative manger ive ever saw in football

its embarresing

And I dont think I am wrong in saying that whilst not world beaters, each of the above are pretty decent footballers

viduka smith geremi barton rozehnal all look terrible footballers under allardyce, hes the most negative manger ive ever saw in football

its embarresing

Isn't it your bed time son, at the very least you could make make a sensible contribution to the debate...