Wigan Athletic 1-0 Newcastle United - 26/12/07 - reaction from page 16

PM

He won't get that long tbh

Well none of us know the answer to that one mate. We'll see I suppose...

Under Shepherd, I've had agreed with you but I think he'll be given a little slack under Ashley. Just a hunch.

I think the exact opposite. Shepherd appointed him and had wanted him for a while, there's no way he'd have sacked him this season. Whereas Mort can get away with a quick sacking without much criticism by saying he never would have picked him as manager to start with.

how can anyone justify such negative football ... we have creative talent in our squad which is being told to stop being creative because he's scared of conceding goals... this is obviously rubbing off on the players

"Creative talent"? Where?

we have it's just not very evident at the minute ..because it's being stiffled by negative football

Who has it then in our squad?

emre zog milner duff martins all have talent just cant see it at the minute

how can anyone justify such negative football ... we have creative talent in our squad which is being told to stop being creative because he's scared of conceding goals... this is obviously rubbing off on the players

we have it's just not very evident at the minute ..because it's being stiffled by negative football

Exactly. Some fucking cracking talent there. Get each of them playing to the top of their game and we would be a cracking side.

Guest Micktoon

Bottom line is man for man our squad is way superior than Derby or Wigan. The fact we were outplayed by both is all down to one individual.

Bottom line is man for man our squad is way superior than Derby or Wigan. The fact we were outplayed by both is all down to one individual.

Its sad to say but that is exactly right.

1 result against a weaker side can just be put down to a one off but to struggle against Derby twice, Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland, Birmingham has to have something to do with the manager/tactics/coaching.

Exactly. Some fucking cracking talent there. Get each of them playing to the top of their game and we would be a cracking side.

"Creative talent"?

Guest trig111

Has anyone noticed are next 3 away league games. Chelsea, Man United & Aesenal !!! with Stoke away as well this ship is sinking fast

Its sad to say but that is exactly right.

1 result against a weaker side can just be put down to a one off but to struggle against Derby twice, Wigan, Fulham, Sunderland, Birmingham has to have something to do with the manager/tactics/coaching.

don't forget reading,boro and not having a shot on target at home to villa.

"Creative talent"?

I wouldnt have any doubts that if played in the correct manner and full of confidence Emre, Zog/Duff, Milner and Martins would give plenty of teeams trouble.

When we got SA i was happy because i honestly thought he was the man we needed, i thought he would:

Turn us into a solid unit which is very hard to break down

Get the fitness of our players up

Sort out the injury list with his scientific approach

Get us defending properly

Set-plays would be decent

The shape of the team would be good

Tactics would be good

So far im baffled by what SA has brought, We have no shape what so ever and there are no signs of tactics. We are utter shit at defending and poor in front of goal which is very scary, im just thankful the league has many poor teams. Set plays have been terrible with no sign of improvement. His team selection at times have been bizarre.

Our league position flatters us atm, I wasnt expecting us to be playing champagne and i was kinda expecting us to be playing poor football at times but that would of been acceptable if we were showing clear signs of progression a bit like MON at Villa last season, Losing 1-0 to a Wigan side which hadn't kept a clean sheet in 15 games and was 2nd from bottom isn't acceptable and to add salt to injury we had 1 single shot on target.

Im not suggesting we sack SA now but if performances carry on as they have i can see SA picking up his P45.

Kevin Keegan and Alan Shearer together is what Big Mike wants, I think he may now step up his attempts at getting that done!!

how do you know that

aye,this needs answering

I'd imagine it's just what Skirge thinks to be the case, rather than any sort of ITK information.

When we got SA i was happy because i honestly thought he was the man we needed, i thought he would:

Tactics would be good

So far im baffled by what SA has brought, We have no shape what so ever and there are no signs of tactics. We are utter s*** at defending and poor in front of goal which is very scary, im just thankful the league has many poor teams. Set plays have been terrible with no sign of improvement. His team selection at times have been bizarre.

Our league position flatters us atm, I wasnt expecting us to be playing champagne and i was kinda expecting us to be playing poor football at times but that would of been acceptable if we were showing clear signs of progression a bit like MON at Villa last season, Losing 1-0 to a Wigan side which hadn't kept a clean sheet in 15 games and was 2nd from bottom isn't acceptable and to add salt to injury we had 1 single shot on target.

Im not suggesting we sack SA now but if performances carry on as they have i can see SA picking up his P45.

Fantastic first couple of paragraphs there. After half a season, you'd expect at the very least for Allardyce to have found a settled team, system, or at least a clue of what we were doing.

Tactics would be good

So far im baffled by what SA has brought, We have no shape what so ever and there are no signs of tactics. We are utter shit at defending and poor in front of goal which is very scary, im just thankful the league has many poor teams. Set plays have been terrible with no sign of improvement. His team selection at times have been bizarre.

Bang on the nail.