Wigan Athletic 1-0 Newcastle United - 26/12/07 - reaction from page 16

PM

What was the game plan today.  Make sure Wigan can't possibly score in the first half by booting anything we get 60-80 yards up field.  Then come out second half and try to win the game?

it seems to be .. very very odd tactics

How many of you looking back fondly upon the days of sunshine and cupcakes we had under Roeder were also ones braying for his head on a platter every 2nd game?

Thought so.

Literally the only reason I'm happier than I was under Roeder is because we now arguably have the best owner and chairman in the league.

The chairman, owner and fans deserve a better manager IMO.

What was the game plan today.  Make sure Wigan can't possibly score in the first half by booting anything we get 60-80 yards up field.  Then come out second half and try to win the game?

The classic rope-a-dope. 

The classic rope-a-dope. 

and then win it with our superior fitness  :laugh2:

The classic rope-a-dope. 

Tactical genius  :shifty:

The classic rope-a-dope. 

Tactical genius  :shifty:

so in the final 15 mins he'll bring on martins for geremi goes 442 and use martins pace to split through a knackered wigan defence

i changed my mind, his tactics are genius

Apparently our lot can't stop arguing with each other.

you have the ball, no you have it...no no i dont want it... give it to him ...me? i dont want it, give it to him over there in the carpark ...geremi: ok  ...HOOOF

Guest neesy111

if any1 thinks the way we're playing 2nd 1/2 is even acceptable needs their heads checking as apart from that early pressure it's been all wigan again