What is the cause of Newcastle's problems?

hakka
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Poor tactics and players out of position for the most part.

Our playing staff aren't brilliant by any means, but there's far more talent in our squad than we've been showing this season.

I reckon it's mostly Alan Smith's fault, though.

Poor signings.

Poor previous fitness regime.

Poor tactics, or lack of.

Poor formations.

Poor team selections.

Lack of consistency.

Players out of position.

No leadership.

Poor Captain.

Favouritism of certain players.

Form of our senior players.

Team spirit.

Mouthy individuals who'll bite the hand that feeds them rather than admit they are shite.

Poor backroom staff.

Lack of coaches.

Lack of backing in the summer window from a billionaire owner.

Stubborn manager.

One dimensional manager.

Hard to like manager and players.

Unhappy fans.

Sometimes idiotic fans ('the don't know what you are doing' being a disgraceful moment in our history)

Lack of pace.

Lack of creativity in midfield.

Selling players and not replacing them.

Lack of back-up in key positions.

Lack of quality in other positions.

Noose like players we cannot get rid of.

Poor signings.

Poor formations.

Poor team selections.

Lack of consistency.

Players out of position.

No leadership.

Poor Captain.

Team spirit.

Mouthy individuals who'll bite the hand that feeds them rather than admit they are shite.

Poor backroom staff.

Lack of coaches.

Stubborn manager.

One dimensional manager.

Unhappy fans.

Sometimes idiotic fans ('the don't know what you are doing' being a disgraceful moment in our history)

Lack of pace.

ooh!  i didn't see this option.  may i change my vote?

Poor signings.

Poor formations.

Poor team selections.

Lack of consistency.

Players out of position.

No leadership.

Poor Captain.

Team spirit.

Poor backroom staff.

Lack of coaches.

Stubborn manager.

One dimensional manager.

Unhappy fans.

Lack of pace.

To name a few...

Poor signings.

Poor formations.

Poor team selections.

Lack of consistency.

Players out of position.

No leadership.

Poor Captain.

Team spirit.

Poor backroom staff.

Lack of coaches.

Stubborn manager.

One dimensional manager.

Unhappy fans.

Lack of pace.

:lol: :(

Poor signings.

Poor formations.

Poor team selections.

Lack of consistency.

Players out of position.

No leadership.

Poor Captain.

Team spirit.

Poor backroom staff.

Lack of coaches.

Stubborn manager.

One dimensional manager.

Unhappy fans.

Lack of pace.

To name a few...

Couple more, sorry, needed a quick shite (flu)

Lack of European football to take our mind off things.

Defeatist attitude.

Lazy players.

Media involvement.

Better opposition.

It says a lot that I'd written off any chance of anything today at about 2pm when I heard the abysmal team selection.

The sad thing is though Wullie, that was as close to an Allardyce Bolton system as you can get with a big-man upfront and two winger/strikers just off him in a 4-3-3/4-5-1.

Poor signings.

Poor formations.

Poor team selections.

Lack of consistency.

Players out of position.

No leadership.

Poor Captain.

Team spirit.

Poor backroom staff.

Lack of coaches.

Stubborn manager.

One dimensional manager.

Unhappy fans.

Lack of pace.

To name a few...

Couple more, sorry, needed a quick shite (flu)

Lack of European football to take our mind off things.

Defeatist attitude.

Lazy players.

Media involvement.

Better opposition.

Crossing off the ones i didn't expect this season, and expected SA to have sorted out.

It says a lot that I'd written off any chance of anything today at about 2pm when I heard the abysmal team selection.

The sad thing is though Wullie, that was as close to an Allardyce Bolton system as you can get with a big-man upfront and two winger/strikers just off him in a 4-3-3/4-5-1.

Even Bolton never played as many long balls as we did today. It was vastly worse than anything we've seen thus far in terms of not trying to play football and just hoofing the sodding thing. The first half in particular degenerated into a "who can kick it the furthest" contest between both sides.

So easy to pick the right team today too, we had a strong bench and finished with two up front and our two wingers in the right places. Too little, too late.

Although I do agree that the manager could be better as far as tactics and selections go, I am still surprised at how poor the players are sometimes.

I mean seriously ... we are talking about the likes of Derby and Wigan?! Unless the manager has told the team to go out and let the opposition walk all over them then there really isn't any excuse to be as bad as we have been.

At some point you're pride has to take over and even if it means you ignore the so called tactics while you are out on the pitch, then so be it.

I think in general our players are just dissapointing individuals. The players with any ability are not mentally strong enough to apply themselves as they should, and those who are mentally strong seem to lack the ability.

Friggin mess really.

Hate to say it but i dont think "you dont know what you are doing" was a low point. I honestly believe that at moment Sam did not know what he was doing and its better to say it than let the rest of the world think we are happy

It's frustrating as hell. If you look at the team which drew against Derby on Sunday I think a lot of people would have agreed that by just putting players in their correct positions in the same system would have seen an improvement as it was attacking enough (ie, Enrique left-back, Martins upfront, Milner on the right, N'Zogbia/Duff on the left)...then we go from that, to a totally new system with our best holding-midfielder dropped for a striker, and completely switch our mentality. Pathetic man.

Hate to say it but i dont think "you dont know what you are doing" was a low point. I honestly believe that at moment Sam did not know what he was doing and its better to say it than let the rest of the world think we are happy

Its not a case of letting the world know were unhappy, we can do that by not attending or if you need to boo at the final whistle, but to do that during a match when you need everyone pulling together is nothing short of disgraceful from the clowns who did that, not even Souness got that kind of treatment.

The last thing we as a club need is to invite the vulture like media into our nest to pick at our carcass.

Poor tactics and players out of position for me.

Aiming for a 0-0 against Derby away is just wrong, Against the likes of Manu away i can understand but not the likes of Derby FFS, i wonder what the players thought when SA set the stall out for a 0-0. No wonder there are rumours of discontent in the dressing room, if i was a player i'd be pretty pissed because most if not all of our players probably think/expect us to be contending for a european place.

Player out of position has become a major concern for me now most notable has to be Smith, Every single person seems to share the same opinion that Smith offers little to nothing in midfield yet SA plays him in midfield, he had a few games up front which he looked decent but has been dropped back to midfield and has now been made captain. Zoggy is a good LW yet he is utterly wasted as a LB and because Zoggy is playing in the LB position he has moved Milner a decent RW over to the left.

Our team is so lopsided its embarassing, Its obvious that 4-3-3 or 4-5-1 (its hard to tell which system we play) aint working so why doesnt SA go back to the 4-4-2 with Zoggy on the left and Milner on the right and have a little faith in Enrique.