Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just another player to do the double over next season.

There will be other players and other chances. We can't expect a massive rebuild in one window and we can't expect European football overnight. The sad reality is that we've got to chip away and get back up there..

..and when we get back up there we'll destroy the f****** lot of 'em.

That's the spirit!  :D

Guest ObaStar

who cares, we have 20 mill to spend on 1 player is what it means. we can find someone else for that amount. we are fine.

Guest MaetihS

The saddest part is that he is the only realistic and good playmaker left in the market. :( spoilt my day really,

The saddest part is that he is the only realistic and good playmaker left in the market. :( spoilt my day really,

Bollocks, I hadn't heard of Elano this time last year. Have faith mate.

Or... the "only realistic and good playmaker left in the market" that you knew of.

with NUFC and Spurs, I won't believe it 'til I see it.

If it's on their official site, I think it might just be set in stone. It'd be hilarious if it wasn't true, though.

Guest MaetihS

Or... the "only realistic and good playmaker left in the market" that you knew of.

At least i knew of in the Europe international stage where i in fact see them in action. At least he is proven in international stages. Admittedly, all the players i knew who are available and realistic have all played for their countries but at least they are proven in a certain way. Hope we can find a gem we never hear of and turn out good. I am just saying that we lost out on player that is not only well-known, but seems realistic and proven at world stages. What is even more frustrating is that he seems to be our first choice, by "rule of thumb", our second choice should be of lesser ability......anyway, we can only hope.

Guest MaetihS

i guess he will realise what he is getting into when we thrashed them home and away next season again. tbh, not unhappy he went spurs, just unhappy we miss out on him. in fact, i like spurs cos we always seem to give them a good hiding.

Guest kingdawson

5Live are saying the fee is 15.8 million

Yep, heard it was 20 million euros. Still a gamble though but it's an exciting signing.

Is this confirmed then? Just another reason to hate Spurs tbh. And if he prefers them purely for London then good riddance.

exactly.  From what the Sun reports, the £1.5m difference between what we had rejected and Spurs had accepted should, in theory, mean nowt to a billionaire like Ashley and I'd be surprised if we didn't match Spurs' bid if/when we caught wind of their offer.

What I'd pay to see the look on that grumpy bastard N'Zogbia's face now though!