Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dave,

can we introduce a 3 strike rule for duff information from reported ITKs. This summer with Keegan and Ashley at the helm it will be 10 times worse than previous seasons so bullshitting ITKs will only make it more unbearable

3 pieces of duff info results in a weeks ban?

Well IcemanBlue was right about Croatian officials in London, while Elan has got some stuff right in the past, so no complaints here.

I don't buy this that Keegan has no input on negotiations. Surely if it's required to get someone in we'll do what it takes.

Thats what I think.  It'd be criminal for negotiations to proceed all the way through to a contract being signed without the manager trying to sell the club to the player - something Keegan can do (even if its making up s****! Rob Lee, anyone?)

If I was Keegan I'd say to Mort I want to be involved, to find out about the player I'd be managing, ask what his ambitions are in the game, and if I was the player I'd be wanting to meet Keegan, to find out his ambitions and goals for the club.

Domestically and with other English speakers yes, but it would make little difference with international players, especially with personnel from some of the Eastern European/South American clubs where the transfer choices do not belong to the player.

I'd be wary of making those kind of signings tbh.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Dave,

can we introduce a 3 strike rule for duff information from reported ITKs. This summer with Keegan and Ashley at the helm it will be 10 times worse than previous seasons so bullshitting ITKs will only make it more unbearable

3 pieces of duff info results in a weeks ban?

Well IcemanBlue was right about Croatian officials in London, while Elan has got some stuff right in the past, so no complaints here.

ok

I don't buy this that Keegan has no input on negotiations. Surely if it's required to get someone in we'll do what it takes.

Thats what I think.  It'd be criminal for negotiations to proceed all the way through to a contract being signed without the manager trying to sell the club to the player - something Keegan can do (even if its making up s****! Rob Lee, anyone?)

If I was Keegan I'd say to Mort I want to be involved, to find out about the player I'd be managing, ask what his ambitions are in the game, and if I was the player I'd be wanting to meet Keegan, to find out his ambitions and goals for the club.

Domestically and with other English speakers yes, but it would make little difference with international players, especially with personnel from some of the Eastern European/South American clubs where the transfer choices do not belong to the player.

Well Modric was one of these, although once he left Dinamo, I suspect he would get an English agent such as Peter Harrisson instead.

At first i was shocked but now after having time to reflect im not too dissappointed he is a player with potential granted but its alot of money for someone who is not proven and if he is that good he would have gone to a top 4 team.

We will move on and sign player just as good if not better than Modric

Guest icemanblue

Well Modric was one of these, although once he left Dinamo, I suspect he would get an English agent such as Peter Harrisson instead.

Correct.

..the little t***

http://www.24sata.hr/sport/clanak/l-modric-sretan-sam-sto-odlazim-u-veliki-tottenham/59996/?context=naslovnica&web_page_id=main_page

Knowing Mamic policy, i think he didn't have a say in it. He is quoted in this article as saying he wasn't present at the negotiations last night and was informed by Mamic on how the things had developed. He's happy he's going to premiership and that his future's secured. Trust me, this is the way things work around here, Mamic is the owner of Dinamo and an agent to almost every Dinamo player. This kind of policy is crime bordering, but they get away with it. No need to insult the kid for the way it turned out.

This sounds about right for the way things happen over there!!! By the way hate this picture on the link above:

http://www.24sata.hr/util_scripts/get_slika_original.php?slika_id=84086&sid=1209203567421

But never the less, time to move on, it's still very early and more than confident KK will bring in others just as good!

Lock the thread I say ;)

Guest elpapi

I guess Modric was on Wise's list... fair play if we didn't go past our target fee. only time will tell if that was the right decision, but it shows we won't be bullied in the transfer market

Guest redmayne

That's not very nice redmayne. No need tbh.

normally i would agree but living near there and having been spat kicked and punched on that walk to games i cant stand the fuckers i hate them more than any team going

that dawson even being on here really makes me want to fuck his mam and make him smell my fingers :-0

That's not very nice redmayne. No need tbh.

normally i would agree but living near there and having been spat kicked and punched on that walk to games i cant stand the fuckers i hate them more than any team going

that dawson even being on here really makes me want to f*** his mam and make him smell my fingers :-0

;D

Well, you win some and you lose some. We beat Spurs to Duff and iirc Parker and Emre by paying more but that didn't get us very far. I feel dissappointed that we missed out on a great talent but glad that we are being more prudent and not just paying over the odds for players.

Guest redmayne

they arent exactly nice people are they?

not exactly loved in the middle east.... but anyway religion shouldnt come into anything they are just a team full of scumbag fans that need fucking mowed down immediately

Guest redmayne

Well, you win some and you lose some. We beat Spurs to Duff and iirc Parker and Emre by paying more but that didn't get us very far. I feel dissappointed that we missed out on a great talent but glad that we are being more prudent and not just paying over the odds for players.

i'm more pissed off because people now love the london option - which i guess is fair enough in some ways...

worries me we are beaing beaten to players by spurs though